9 - Double Trouble

*A/N* Salvēte amīcī! I know I'm breaking my own rules again, but I want to celebrate the end of my first midterm (which was in Latin, if you're interested). For this reason, I am posting anyways. That, and this is probably the best opportunity for me to post before Hallowe'en because I have 2 more midterms and a massive project all before then. ANYWHO, NEW VOTE + COMMENT GOALS ARE *drumroll please* NON-EXISTENT! I've given up on them because none of you seem to put any real merit in them. That or you just don't care about this story as much as I do.

So, as usual, vote/fan/comment/message to tell me how you feel about ICHTETIT. Enjoy the chapter!

************************************************************************************************************

*Niall's POV*

After Louis left my flat, I decided to relax and watch the football game that was on. It wasn't a very interesting game, which might explain why I'm currently being forced awake by the sound of my ringtone blaring from somewhere underneath me. I quickly scramble to find my phone, which fell between the cushions while I slept, then answer it before having the chance to check the caller ID.

"Hullo?" I say into the receiver, my voice coming out kind of groggy from my unintentional nap.

"Hey there, Nialler! Did I just wake you up? I'm so sorry!"

I hesitate before answering, wondering if I'm actually awake. "It's alright, Li. I didn't mean to fall asleep; the football game got boring and I just dozed off. So what were you calling about?"

"Hmm? Oh, remember how I told you about those friends I made on the flight back from Florida?"

Dream Liam told me about some friends he made that he thought I might like, but you've hardly spoken to me about anything since you got back, I think to myself. I decide against speaking my thoughts, fearing they might cause more problems for Liam and I than we are already dealing with. "No, I don't, sorry," I reply instead.

"Oh, maybe I forgot to tell you about them…" Liam trails off for a moment and I can practically see him getting lost in his thoughts, worrying about the fact that he actually forgot to do something. "Well, anyways, I promised them I'd give them a tour of the city and introduce them to the rest of the lads, so I figured I could get you to help me show them around."

"What? No one else wanted to do it?" I scoff, biting my tongue immediately after the words have left my lips.

"Well, Harry and Louis aren't answering my calls and Zayn is with his girlfriend, so obviously they can't come. Plus I thought we'd be less likely to attract publicity if not all of us come, so it works out," Liam rambles, not even noticing my harsh tones. "So, you in?"

I sigh as quietly as I can, a single tear sliding down my cheek. "When and where?" I inquire.

"It's almost dinner time, so we were thinking of going to the Nando's closest to home for 6:45?" he suggests, knowing my one weakness: food.

I let out a low chuckle at the irony of the situation; Liam is not only speaking to me openly again, but is also asking me out to dinner… Because he wants to show some random people around the city. I run my fingers through the mess that is my hair and reply, "I'll be there, Li."

I hear voices on the other end of the line, which I assume is Liam explaining the situation to his new friends, before Liam responds with a quick, "Alright, see you there Ni." As soon as the words leave his mouth, Liam hangs up the phone.

"See you," I mumble to no one.

******************************************************

I walk into my favourite restaurant of all time at precisely 6:40pm with a hoodie and sunglasses on. I send a quick text to Liam to ask if they're already there and wait for his reply. In only moments I receive a text telling me that they are, indeed, already in the restaurant, as well as the location of their table.