13: Aaravos X Reader- Fluff

For @iheartadmin12

For such an expensive house with an array of many strange and wonderful trinkets and furnishings, Aaravos really went small with his sofa.

It was a tiny loveseat that could barely sit two people, however that doesn't stop him in the slightest.

We were currently cuddled up on the sofa, Aaravos laying along the bottom while I lay across the top of him. My head was smooshed into his chest and his long fingers were raking through my hair rhythmically.
We had been in this position for a while, only sharing the soft sound of our tired breaths with the sound of the gramophone playing in the background.
The music changes into a smooth jazz and a rumbling laugh arises from Aaravos's chest underneath me.
He rises enough to make me straddle his waist and tilts his head.

"Would you honour me this dance, milady?"

"You know I can't dance Aaravos..." I mutter, blinking sleep from my eyes. He shakes his head and helps wipe away the last remaining tears from my yawn.

"It'll be fine my Queen, you need to learn sooner or later anyway. Now hurry the song is almost over and who knows what I'm going to make you dance to after this?" I giggle and stand, rubbing my hands over my wrinkled clothing to try and smooth it out a bit.
He doesn't give me time to think afterwards as I am immediately swung into a dance, one of his hands wrapped around my waist and the other holding out my arm like a tango. I find myself giggling at his eccentric movements as he spins me around in his own over the top fashion.
It's not hard to enjoy myself to the music as my head spins, he makes it a lot more fun than when we have to dance together during a Ball to keep up appearances, we are the King and Queen after all.
Normally when we dance then the music is drab and everything has to be in order, however with Aaravos's unorthodox movements swinging me around the floor of one of the many living rooms to music that more suits our tastes, I realise all that I've been missing out on every time I turn down his little requests for a cheeky little dance.
However soon enough the music changes back to a slow tempo jazz number and I feel puffed out. My husband grins and leads me gracefully back to the loveseat where he lays down and I climb on top of him, burying my head under his chin as his hands find my hair to play with again.
As much as I love dancing with him, I enjoy resting with him a lot more.
His gentle hands and soft snores when he drifts off to sleep are only a fraction as to why I love the time we have here. Normally when we fall asleep he wakes up first and is too much of a gentleman to wake me up, instead taking us both to bed where I would wake up in the morning resting between his strong arms.
My eyes admittedly start to feel droopy after our late escapades to the previous track and I feel my body melt into his warmth as I release my foggy mind towards the land of the dreams, knowing that no matter what...
Aaravos will keep me safe and sound.