2: General Amaya X Reader- Fluff

I was hanging out with Gren this early morning, tending to the horses in the stables. He had been a chatterbox all morning, talking about the General and all the adventures they have been on. Not that I mind of course, any story about the General was a story worth listening to in my opinion. I smile cheekily at the man which catches his  attention.

"What? What did I do?" He pauses and I start chuckling.

"Nothing your just... Really funny." I say, his head tilts and he gives me a strange look before turning back to the horse he was brushing.

"Anyways... I can't wait for General Amaya to be back, she should be here any minute now I'm sure." To be honest, I zoned out when he said Amaya. Too busy thinking of her to listen to his words.

'Oh General, when will you take me on those adventures? I've been training for years to impress you but I'm always left behind. With Soren no less...'

"Hey, (Y/N)? You ok?"

'I mean, sure Soren is a cool guy but he's just soooo impractical how am I meant to rise in the ranks to be by your side when my only option is to suck up to an ego you need to climb a ladder to reach?'

"I'm not sure, she just zoned out all of a sudden..."

'Oh great and now Gren has also gone crazy, can't I get a break around here?'

My brushing proves to be a little too rough on the horse and it whinnies in dismay. I freeze my hand.

"Oh no I hurt him..." I sigh and look down, holding the brush tighter than needed, however I'm not strong enough to break it. I'm feeling emotional, I'm not usually this way but after trying to find ways to be better than other soldiers I went on a diet. The first few days were always going to be difficult... It will pass soon I'm sure. I notice the silence and turn around, Gren had left after finishing up his last horse, when did he leave? I don't get an answer when I feel two strong arms lift me up from around my waist.

"Ah! I'm being attacked!" I shout with a laugh, of course I knew it was the general, she always did this to say hello. She smiles and sets me down before signing.

"How are you? You seem lighter than when I last saw you." Really? I've only been on a diet for two days. She's sharp.

"Well, I'm on a diet. That's probably why." I say, waiting for a scolding.

"Why are you on a diet? You are light enough." I freeze, not expecting her to be so concerned. Her face says it all, that scrunched brow, her sad eyes...

"I just wanted to lose weight..." I say, not revealing the real reason as to wanting to be next to her. Her expression turns to a scowl as she places her hands on her hips before using them to speak once again.

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Wha- I'm not starving myself! It's a keto diet not, don't eat anything ever diet!"

"When?" I sigh and look down.

"Dinner time, yesterday..." Her face holds shock.

"You missed breakfast?" I grumble and look down, my arms crossed. She lifts up my chin so that I can see her.
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"

"I know, but I didn't want it! I'm fine!" She shakes her head and picks me up over her shoulder. I blush and hide my face. How can a soldier like me be seen on the shoulder of the General, it's scandalous!

"Hello General, hello (Y/N)."

"VIREN HELP ME." He didn't help, just smiled and continued on his way.
"So help me Viren when I next see you you're getting an ass whooping!" I hear him laugh down the end of the corridor. Stupid mage...
I am plonked on a chair in what I find is the kitchen.
"Why aren't we in the dining hall...?" I ask her, she turns around and smiles at me.

"I'm going to make you something."

"You don't have to do that! That's what the chefs are for just come sit next to me!" She shakes her head with a wink and turns around, using her skilful hands to make something in a pan. I tried to look over her shoulder but she was adamant from me finding out before it was done. I returned to sulking in my chair until she turns around with an omelette on her plate.
"That looks amazing..." I smile, my mouth already watering. I notice her lack of food as she sits down next to me.
"Um excuse me wheres your food?"

"I'm not having any." She signs with a smirk.

"I'm not eating if you don't eat with me." I cross my arms, she slumps in annoyance.

"I already had breakfast."

"Just humour me!" She smiles and picks up the fork, taking a bite of the omelette before scooping up another piece and holding it out to me. I blush and let her feed me, the embarrassment washes away after the flavour of the egg masterpiece hits me.
"This is really good!" She smiles and gestures thank you before continuing to feed me.
"Oh man! I love your cooking." It's her turn to blush slightly as she tries to change the subject.

"Why were you trying to lose weight?" I freeze and look down. She lifts my chin up to look at her with a confused expression on her face.

"I wanted to train and be more fit so that I could join you and Gren on all the cool adventures you guys go on..." I look down again, feeling ashamed of my reason and execution. She lifts my head again and I look up to see what she was going to say, only to be met with her lips instead. She takes initiative as I follow her movements through the kiss. It was heavenly, better than I ever dreamed of. She pulls away before smiling cockily.

"You don't need to train to be close with me anymore." I laugh and nod.

"Of course... General A-"

"Amaya." I nod again.

"Amaya... I love you." She smiles and kisses me again before signing.

"I love you, too."