what the night brings

Start from the beginning

"what is going on?" i say while rushing towards the two girls on the floor. "i don't know i just got in here. ev keeps saying her head hurts." toni says. "brandon what happened?" i ask him looking for some answers.

"um well i was just sitting here on my phone and she wouldn't stop bothering me and i told her if she didn't stop poking me i'd push her. she didn't stop poking me and screaming in my ear so i pushed her and she accidentally hit her head on the coffee table." he says sounding slightly apologetic but at the same time not at all.

"are you serious right now brandon? she's 2 and that's not how you handle a situation like that. that's first of all. second, why are you even down here? your supposed to be studying and doing homework." toni said clearly frustrated. he just ran upstairs without saying anything.

"i got her. can you go check on the other kids?" toni asks me while standing up with a still crying evi in her arms. "yea of course." i say and head back upstairs.

i decide to check ella and angelica's room since they've been pretty quiet so far. "can you explain to me what on earth is going on on here?" i ask while stepping over piles of dresses and makeup that's all over the floor. "we're having a fashion show." ang simply says.

"what happened to doing homework and studying?" i ask. "we finished." ella says and points to a piece of paper on the desk in the corner of the room. "girls i'm almost positive 15 divided by 3 is not chocolate." i say while holding up the sheet of math homework. basically every single answer was wrong.

"the teacher doesn't care. half the kids don't even do it." ang said with sass. "well maybe you can be the other half of the kids that actually does it." i say back. "mmm pass." ang says and walks closer to her closet to try on more dresses. "both of you clean this up and actually do real school work with real answers." i say and storm out.

i walk into liam's room to see its completely trashed. "hi mom." he says and doesn't even look up from his video game. "um hi are you done with school work? i ask. "oh no i'm saving it for later." he simply says. "when later? you still have to shower." i tell him. "midnight." he says and i lose it. i walk out and i'm so frustrated at this point.

"cheryl can you come down here?" toni screams and i go back downstairs. poor ev is still crying and toni is standing there worried. "i'm not sure what to do cher. the cut look so deep." she says and shows me. "for now let's just do ice since the blood is cleaned up and see what it looks like in the morning." i say and toni agrees.

i take evi in my arms and rock her while rubbing her back. "shh it's ok it's all better." i say repeatedly and stroke her hair. both me and toni take her up to her room and lay her down on the bed. i hand her pacifier to her and she immediately grabs it.

"cheryl we need help. grace is crying." ella says as she peeks her head through the door frame. "thanks for telling me, you girls can go i got it from here." i say to ang and ella and walk into grace's room.

she's face down on her bed and i can hear her ever so quiet cries. "gracie, why are you crying sweetie? i say while sitting on the edge of her bed. "the screaming. why were you yelling? please don't yell at me." she says in between sobs. i completely forgot that i have to be careful of what i say and do around ella and grace because it might trigger something from there past. i feel like a terrible mom right now.

"oh grace i'm so so sorry. i didn't mean to yell. i was just mad because no one was listening to me. that's all." i say and stroke her brown hair out of her tear stained face. she started to calm down a little bit and inch closer to where i was sitting on the bed.

"now all i want in the whole wide world is to see you smile. can you smile for me gracie?" i asked while tickling her tummy. she gave me a huge toothy smile followed by laughs and it made my heart flutter.

you know the feeling when your were younger and all you wanted was to be held just to have some sort of comfort? well i could tell grace needed some of that right now so i rested her on my hip and whispered an i love you in her ear.

i was extremely surprised when i got a reply back.

"i love you too mommy." she whispered to me and i thought i was going to die.

i can't believe i just got my first 'i love you' and 'mommy' from gracie. i couldn't be happier then i was in this moment. i kissed her on the cheek and she kissed me back. i swear i was in heaven right now. she was drifting off to sleep but i wasn't ready to put her down just yet so i carried her into ev's room.

i found toni reading a picture book to evi who was almost asleep. "just came in to say goodnight." i said. "goodnight grace. ev can you say night night to gracie?" toni said. "night night!" evi said but it sounded a lot more like 'neigh neigh' with the pacifier in her mouth. grace just simply waved and smiled. i brought her back to bed and said goodnight to the rest of the kids.

i walked back to me and toni's room and layed in bed. "so tonight was just as bad as any other night in terms of behavior." toni says and sighs. "yea i know. we have to figure something out." i said.

"but i made a breakthrough with grace. she said i love you and she called me mommy." i say and started tearing up. "omg babe. that's amazing." she says and hugs me. "you know what else would be amazing?" i ask and smirk.

"you know i do." toni said and giggled. let's just say we had a fun rest of the night.

A/n: should i do a thanksgiving chapter?

Instas:
@Kevin.the.Gay

most precious smile award goes to this girl ☺️Comments:  @fangs

Comments:
@fangs.fogarty- she definitely does
@cherylbombshell- awww
@jughead.jones- she's a lucky kid
@tiny.topaz- i'm surprised she didn't make a funny face lmao
@sweet_pea- her crazy eyes
@ronnie_lodge- i showed lea this picture and she wishes she was kayla

@Tiny.Topaz

proud of my quarterback! the older boys rarely ever let us post pictures of them on insta

proud of my quarterback! the older boys rarely ever let us post pictures of them on insta. i guess we're embarrassing 🤔 
comments:
@ronnie.lodge- the caption is relatable. fred hates when i post anything about him
@cherylbombshell- oh he's definitely going to be mad about this lmao
@archie.andrews- i can see why he's embarrassed
@betty1cooper- older kids just don't like affection i guess lol
@kevin.the.gay- dont feel bad gianna doesn't let me post either