"Here you go.", Amber said walkin' from the kitchen, handing me a plate wit a sandwich on it.

"What kinda sandwich is it?", I asked.

"Grilled cheese.", she replied.

"Really? A simple ass grilled cheese I coulda made that my self.", I grumbled. She mushed my head and shoved the plate in my hands.

"Oh hush up and eat. What would you like to drink? Sweet tea, water, apple juice or grape juice?", she asked.

"Uh tea.", I said before taking a bite of my sandwich. Damn, this shit good.

She came back in with a plate, a bottle of water and a glass of sweet tea. She put the glass of sweet tea in front of me on the coaster and sat next to me.

"What'd you put in this sandwich?", I asked.

"Why are you allergic or having an allergic reaction? I'm so sorry. I'll call 911 or your Mom or-", she panic.

"Chill Ma'. No, I'm not havin' an allergic reaction.", I said cutting her off.

"Oh.", she said.

"I was just askin' cause it's really good."

"Oh thank you.", she smiled.

"I see you remembered that I didn't like the crust on my sandwiches."

"Yeah. It's no biggy.", she shrugged.

"I also see that yo' sandwich ain't the same as mine.", I said eyein' down her plate.

"Mine is a grilled chicken sandwich with mozzarella, cheddar and Monterrey jack.", she said.

"Then why the hell I get just a grilled cheese and a lil bit of bacon?", I asked with my eyebrows scrunched up.

"Oh hush up. We can trade our other half.", she said switching the sandwiches up so we both had each.

"There is that better?", she asked sarcastically.

"Much.Thank ya.", I said before diggin' back in.

"You know for you to be extremely skinny, you eat like a fat kid.", she said watching me eat.

"I've been told. It's a like curse. In each generation in my family it's a greedy person. Outta my Mama generation my Uncle T is greedy, outta my brothas and sista I'm the greediest and Amaiya the greediest outta all her sistas.", I explained. 

"Oh gosh. I'd hate to see you at Thanksgiving dinner.", she said which made me laugh.

"Yeah. A nigga have at least 5 plates. Not includin' dessert.", I laughed.

"Oh my gosh.", she said with wide eyes.

"Don't say it like that cause I know you like ta' eat. You ate way more pizza than me.", I said recallin' the first time we ate togetha.

"Okay. That day I didn't eat anything. So zip it.", she said wit a smile.

"Ms. Amber?", a small voice said.

I looked by the staircase and saw a half wake Kay, rubbin' her eyes. Amber stood up and picked up.

"You hungry pumpkin?", she asked combin' her fingers through Kay's hair. She shook her head no and snuggled her head into Amber's neck.

"Did you have a good nap?", Amber asked. She nodded her head slowly.

Kay opened her eyes, once she seen me she quickly shut her eyes.

"Kay, come here.", I said pullin' her from Amber's arms. I sat her on my lap only fa' her ta' cover her face with her hands. I tried ta' move them but she put them right back.

"You mad at me?", I asked. She nodded her head.

"I told you stay put not fa' you ta' run down the street."

"Wait, y'all were down the street from my house?", Amber asked.

Damn! Me and my big ass mouth!

"Yeah. We were at the flower shop gettin' you some flowers which was apart of my plan ta' get you ta' forgive me.", I said shyly.

"Aww.", Amber cooed.

"Yeah but somebody ran off so I didn't get them.", I said lookin' at Kay who was poutin.

"I'm sorry.", she whispered.

"It's okay. Next time Imma just tell Ma' and let her beat ya' lil ass. No more runnin' off. Got it?", I said.

"Got it.", she said wit a lil smile.

"Good now where my kiss?", I asked. She leaned forward and gave me a lil peck on the cheek.

"That's all I get? Oh, I guess Imma just have ta' steal my kisses from you.", I said before grabbin' her and kissin' her all ova her face, makin' her squirm and giggle.

"I love you Uncle August.", she huggin' my tight.

"I love you too baby girl.", I said kissin' her forehead.

"Awe. You guys are so cute. Would you guys like to have dinner here?", Amber asked.

Both Amber & Kay looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah. We can stay.", I said feelin' defeated.

"Yes!", they both cheered.

[Amber]

"So we meetin' up at the studio after you get off?", August asked as he held a sleeping Kayden.

"Yes which should be around 3:30. I'll let you know.", I said.

"Aighht. Thanks fa' dinner. It was amazing.", he said, as he strapped Kayden in.

"You're welcome. Are you sure you guys don't wanna stay the night?", I asked.

"Fa' the millionth time. We good. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay.", I pouted.

"Quit poutin'. See ya' lata.", he said.

"Okay goodnight my baby.", I said, going to kiss Kayden goodnight.

"What about me?", August asked.

I got on my tippy toes and acted as if I was oing to kiss him but I pecked his cheek.

"Damn tease.", he mumbled which made me laugh.

"Goodnight August.", I said before walking away.