"Michelle"

Summer climbed into bed & imagined Dylan right next to her. She continued touching herself & moaning in the dark. She hoped to dream of her boyfriend as she closed her eyes & eventually fell asleep.

Dylan fell asleep just fine after seeing Summer. After all he was tired from driving. Phone sex wasn't the same, but did the trick during their first day apart. He shut his eyes with the thought of Summer. As he was drifting off to sleep, his phone buzzed & lit up the hotel room. He ignored it, but it buzzed again. He got up & grabbed his phone from the desk before it woke up Brian or his dad. He squinted at the bright screen & saw he had 2 text messages both from the same number.

The messages read:
"Hey Dyl!"

"Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you. Heard you were heading into town. My family & I moved back to Iowa a few months ago. Just wanted to see if we could meet up & hang out. Miss you!"

He was taken aback & wasn't expecting this. "Who could this be?", he thought to himself. He lowered the brightness on his screen & texted back.

"Um, who is this?"
"It's me, Dyl-head!!"

Only one person called him "Dyl-head". It was Michelle, his childhood friend & sweetheart. And the girl he lost his virginity to. All the old memories rushed back to his head. Michelle's dad & Dyxon played on the same basketball team in high school & were still friends to this day. Michelle's parents & Dylan's parents used to tease both Dylan & Michelle into marriage one day. They were great friends all throughout elementary & reconnected again throughout summers & seasonal get-togethers between families. But it had been year since Michelle & Dylan had seen each other.

"Michie!!!"
"You got it!!!"
"Lol why are we using so many !!!"
"Idk you weirdo... So when are you getting into town?"
"We're expected to arrive by Thursday."
"Can't wait to see you!"

Dylan felt bad for texting another girl, but come on, it was Michelle, or "Michie" as he called her. Summer would understand. Michelle was a good friend. They were never an item although they've been teased their entire lives.

"Hello? Dylan? Did you fall asleep?"
"Nope, still here. Yup! See you soon."
"Ok, I should let you get your rest. Night."
"Night."

Dylan turned his phone off & shut his eyes.

The next mornin, Dylan woke up to the sound of Brian snoring. Dyxon was sitting at the desk on his phone finding the shortest route to Iowa.

Dyxon: Morning sunshine!
Dylan: Morning, dad...
Dyxon: There's hot coffee in the lobby.
Dylan: I'll grab some in a bit.

Dylan day up & swung his legs down so that his feet were on the floor. He had his head in his hands. He rubbed his eyes.

Dylan: What time is it?
Dyxon: It's 6:00.
Dylan: Yeah, it feels like 6:00. I'm going back to sleep.
Dyxon: Oh no you're not! You're the second leg of the drive. I need you to be sharp. Now get dressed & get some coffee in your system.
Dylan: Yes, sir. Hey what about this fool?
Dyxon: Don't worry, he's the first driver.

Dylan gets up & dressed. Dyxon gets real close to Brian & yells by his ear to wake up. He gets startled & wakes up. Dylan & Dyxon laugh.

Brian: Ok, I'm up. I'm up.

After loading the car & loading up on caffeine, the guys were ready to hit the road. Brian was the first leg driver, Dylan sat in the back & Dyxon got to control the music.

Dylan: Dad, please. No oldies. I beg you.
Dyxon: How about classic rock?
Dylan: Ok, that's forgivable.
Brian: No country either...
Dyxon: Man, you guys are making this hard. I'm running outta options.

Dyxon connected his phone to the car's Bluetooth feature & started playing his music. It was Michael Jackson.

Brian: Ok, I can vibe to this.
Dylan: Good choice, dad.
Dyxon: I thought so.
Dylan: So what's out ETA?
Dyxon: Well, we're on track with our time. We should reach Iowa by Thursday morning.
Brian: I cannot wait you see mom & dad.
Dyxon: Yeah, your mother keeps texting me. Speaking of texts, Dylan. Did you keep Summer up last night with texts?
Dylan: Uh... No.
Dyxon: Who was that then?
Dylan: It was uh... It was Michelle.
Brian: Michelle Johnson?
Dyxon: Hmm, how long has it been since you've seen her?
Dylan: I haven't seen her since our college days.
Dyxon: I heard Ralph & Pamela moved back to Iowa recently.
Dylan: Yeah, she mentioned that much.
Brian: That's random.
Dylan: Yeah.
Dyxon: Have you told Summer about Michelle?

Brian glanced back at Dylan waiting for his response.
Dylan slapped his arm.

Dylan: Eyes on the road!
Brian: Ok, ok.
Dylan: She knows a little about her.
Dyxon: Does she know that Michelle has been contacting you?
Dylan: No.
Dyxon: Well, son. I hate to state the obvious here, but you need to tell her.
Dylan: I know. I figured.
Brian: Yeah, remember when you found out about Jay?
Dylan: Please don't bring him up.
Dyxon: Well then, bring up Michelle the next time you & Summer have phone sex. I mean the next time you & Summer talk.
Dylan: Got it. Can we please change the subject?

Brian & Dyxon look at each other.

Dylan: Cut it out. I get it. Ok? I'm gonna tell her.