"His commander."

"You recognized him," she stated. "You acted out on something you didn't even know. That was what told me you truly love my son and will take care of him. He's told me of your doubts to acquire my title. You're ready."

"How are you so sure?"

"With my baby by your side, anything is possible," she smiled. "He'll be as scared shitless as you are. You will bring life back into Ula; that much is certain. Say yes to him, I can't bear to see him in pain any longer."

I looked down at the sleeping boy. His breathing still light as he breathed in and out as he dreamed. I glanced back at Anne with a smile on my face. This life I had found myself inserted into, it was a life I couldn't picture myself leaving. This was the life I wanted. I have known this for a while and I'm becoming redundant, but life without Harry isn't even a possibility. I'm determined to make that happen. You fight for someone you love, you don't let them walk out of your life.

Harry shifted beside me taking in a deep breath. He tilted his head up with a smile and opened his eyes to look at me. His smile grew when our eyes locked. I glanced over at his mum who held a smile on her face, a few tears brimming the surface. Harry glanced over to look where I was looking and he smiled.

"Hey Mum," he smiled slowly scooting up on the bed. I instinctively helped him slide up on the bed. "Thanks Em."

"How are you feeling?" she asked walking to his side of the bed and giving him a kiss on the forehead. 

"Ask the little red button that projects morphine," he chuckled holding it up. "I'm fine. As long as Emerald is here, everything's perfect." Harry grinned over to me taking my hand in his. I smiled to him. "How are you? Where's Dad?"

"Daddy went to get Emerald something to eat," she smiled. "I'm good, but don't worry about me." Harry looked at her with a questioning look. He looked as if he was left out of something and he was. He looked at me and I had to turn away.

"What's going on?" he asked with a frown. "Is it Gemma?"

"Oh no, sweetie, your sister is as sassy as always," she laughed. "It's nothing you need to worry about especially with you recovering."

"Mum, I'm not dying," he said with a pointed look. "Tell me."

"It's a story for a rainy day," she said patting his knee. "Oh look, your father's back."

Sure enough, Desmond stepped through with a tray full of food. He placed it on the table and slid the table over toward me and Harry. Harry sighed looking at the food sitting in front of him. I knew he couldn't eat solid foods since he had a perforated stomach. 

"I'm sorry," I said to him. "I can eat later."

"No, it's okay Em. You go ahead and eat," he smiled. "I get my food injected."

"Because that's so satisfying," I rolled my eyes.

"I miss food," he muttered letting his head fall against my shoulder. "I miss steak."

"You'll get better and then you can have some," I laughed. 

Harry looked back up at his father who still stood there with crossed arms. A frown was permanently placed on his brow as he looked at us. I began to feel uncomfortable with the look he was giving us. Why wasn't he happy just to see his son alive? I wasn't able to comprehend why he wasn't pleased with this information. 

"Dad," Harry nodded acknowledging his presence. Harry picked up the water cup and sipped the water.

"Son," King Desmond said. "Feeling better."