/ 48 / eight

updated: 31/jan/2021

Everyone was now aware of Somin's secret. Seokjin told everyone everything, while Jimin tried his best to comfort Somin on the couch, where she laid her head on his legs. They understood both sides. It was a tragic destiny both had. Somin was able to stop crying but became numb and extremely quiet instead.

"It started raining." Jimin alerted a few minutes after Yoongi had left.

After that, they waited for him to get back, but as time passed, there was no sign of him. That only made Somin even more anxious, who now started waddling across the cabin, biting her nails to the flesh.

It had only been an hour since he left, but it seemed like forever. It was already dark and every minute with Yoongi's absence only made Somin feel more and more guilty and worried. She just wanted him to come back, to yell at her, to break up with her, but to be safe.

"I can't get a signal anywhere," Hwasa informed coming down the stairs, failing in her attempt to try and talk to her colleagues at the nearest police department. All of them had tried their phones before, but it was useless.

"Maybe we should get out there," Jeongguk suggested and Namjoon and Hoseok quickly agreed.

"It's dangerous, it's better if we stay here." Seokjin pointed, trying to be reasonable in the midst of many nervous people.

"And do nothing?!" Somin shouted, stopping her dizzy walking around abruptly.

"Is just until the rain stops," Jimin said in an attempt to calm her down, which was without success.

"NO! He's out there, upset, it's pitch dark, pouring rain and he doesn't know anything around here. He could be lost."

"We can't do anything, Minny." Tae's shoulders sank, feeling powerless.

This was an awful situation for everyone, especially the ones he loves. Even if he and Somin were never that closer as he and Jimin or her and Jin were, they had still grown up together and were close friends. So one way or another, it affected him seeing her so distraught.

"We could drive to the city, alert the police," Hoseok suggested.