/ 20 / park jimin

updated: 24/jan/2021

Jimin couldn't deny that Somin had done a great job distracting him and cheering him up the day before. It's common sense that an occupied mind doesn't leave space for broken hearts. However, it's impossible to keep your mind occupied in all moments of all days. In those moments Jimin sank in his misery and things became worse when he went to give classes.

Seeing Hoseok reminded him that he was still suffering for another man when he had one right in front of him, willing to treat him the way he deserved. But the thing with abruptly ended relationships is that you can't move on before you feel that all the things interrupted are clarified and concluded. And he had too many things still pending with Taehyung.

He felt like hanging by a thread that prevented him from moving on. As much as he wanted to give all of him to Hoseok, he couldn't enter a relationship. It wasn't fair for Hoseok and it wasn't his job to fix him. 

Even though the thought of seeing again the one that made him hurt for six years killed him, he was set and eager for the encounter. So that finally he could put an end to things and move on.

However, he felt like he needed a reminder. A reminder that he could always see every day, even though he wouldn't feel it. A reminder that would never make him forget that he is strong and can go through everything with his head up. 

Jimin wasn't just a lifesaver for his sister or a broken-hearted ex, he had a place in the world. He just needed to start believing more in himself.

With that in mind, and following his sister's path of living her life to the fullest and without regrets or fear, he went that day to the tattoo shop. He entered the shop, but nobody was at the desk. He was nervous about his decision, but at the same time determined.

"I'm coming, one moment please" Someone shouted.

Jimin sat down at one of the armchairs. He really wished it wasn't Yoongi the one attending him, since he was still scared of him after the ruckus he caused. Jimin grabbed one of the magazines on the small square table between the armchairs and looked at the various examples of tattoos. 

In one of the sections it was a list of fonts for letter tattoos and he took a long time analyzing the theme and imagining the word he wanted to engrave in one of those fonts. He was still distracted by his thoughts and the magazine when Jeongguk arose at the desk room.

"Oh, it's you." The boy said and Jimin immediately got up, startled by his silent entrance. "You didn't come here to punch us again, right?" Scoffed with a wide grin but Jimin's downturn expression made him regret his choice of words. "It was a joke."