Senior Prank Night

A/N: I will not be introducing Bill Forbes this chapter... or maybe ever, I'm not sure yet but I definitely don't want him in the story right now so aside from Stefan not being under Klaus' control this is another major divergence from the original plot of season 3.

3rd Person POV:

Jeremy is in his bedroom trying to sleep, he can admit after months of trying desperately to live in denial he is being straight-up haunted. Needless to say, it sucks, he is trying his hardest to hold on for when Bonnie comes home not wanting to tell her over the phone knowing she would cut short her family time to come back and help

"Jeremy" He hears a soft voice whisper to him, he shuts his eyes tight trying to will the voice away 

"Jeremy," The voice calls again and reluctantly he opens his eyes to find Anna lying next to him, shocked he jumps up out of bed,

"Anna?!"

She seems slightly surprised, "you heard me?"

"What are you doing here?" he asks ignoring her question.

"I need to know you can hear me."

"You drop in, lay on my bed... you're supposed to be dead Anna, Jesus I thought all this time it was Katherine haunting me."

"Jeremy! Tell me you can hear me." 

He turns around looking right at her, "Yeah! okay? Yeah, I can hear you, all right? What the hell!"

She slowly smiles, looking so happy, it nearly makes him forget the hell he has been through over the summer trying to ignore all the voices trying to get his attention.

"I've been trying to get you to hear me for days. Yelling your name and screaming."

"You have? why?" He asks.

"You're in danger." She tells him.

"Danger from who?"

Anna shakes her head, "it's not as simple as a who, there is a darkness, it's following you and it's not going to give up."

"Wait so this isn't about Katherine?" He asks confused.

"No, although you should be worried about her too, no she's just... hitching a ride I guess, this is way bigger than her."

great.

The Next Day Most of the Gang is at the High School Setting up Pranks and Practical Jokes in as many rooms as they can manage

It's nighttime... the school is empty. Matt is using a bench press machine in the weight room. He stops for a rest and hears a noise. He gets up and walks through the school. He finally enters a classroom. It's dark inside, and when he steps inside he sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turns on the light. Tyler, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie are here setting the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?!" Caroline cries, "Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!"

Tyler chuckles "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

Matt looks around at the mess, "clearly."

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year," Caroline says completely baffled by Matt.

Elena smiles at Caroline, "Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt says.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie tells him.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."