Now What

3rd person pov:

it's a tense situation: Katherine has Elena in her clutches, Stefan is panicking at the possibilities, and Damon is fantasizing about ripping Kit-Kat into 100 different pieces for ever daring to touch his wife.

Everyone is frozen after Katherine's threat not daring to move a muscle.

Katherine takes in the room loving the power and attention she currently holds, she missed this. Being alive... being dangerous, nothing has ever felt more intoxicating.

She looks over to Vicki, "do you have it?" she asks.

"It's in a safe place," Vicki responds and Katherine nods pleased.

"What's in a safe place, wha- what the hell is going on?!" Matt asks not comprehending what he's looking at.

"It's okay Matt, it has to be like this, this is how I can come back for good," Vicky explains.

Bonnie scrunches her face and looks confused, "no, stop. All of you this is insane! If we don't find and destroy that locket then it won't be just you and Katherine that get to stay, every single person on the otherside will be able to cross back over, do you have any idea how many enemies, how many monsters you would be unleashing on the world?"

Vicki rolls her eyes "Who cares? What're a few more monsters in the world if it means I get another chance to live?"

Elena can't believe what she just heard, despite the fact that Katherine currently holds her life in her hands she mouths off, "How can you say that? How can you be so selfish?"

"Selfish? You think I'm being selfish?" Vicki asks incredulously, "Well here's your chance to show everyone how much better you are once and for all. We actually know a way to allow me and Katherine to stay on this side without destroying the veil and if we accomplish it I'll happily hand over that gaudy necklace and you can seal the of the otherside keeping all of you safe from all the big scary monsters you're all so afraid of."

Damon begins to talk keeping Clara tucked safely behind him, "Aside from Katherine staying alive which I will gladly put an end to myself in a very long drawn out way,"

Katherine interrupts Damon, "kinky," adding a wink

"I assume this task that allows you to stay carries a very big asterisk next to it?"

"Granted it does require a sacrifice but wouldn't you know it we have a selfless martyr right here," Vicky says looking to Elena.

"What?" Elena asks breathless part from disbelief and part from Katherine's hold.

"I mean you die 2 people live, you don't want to be selfish right?" She asks.

"You're insane," Elena tells her.

Matt can feel the necklace in his pocket and he still doesn't completely understand everything that's happening but he knows he can end this.

"Vick," he calls out.

Vicki turns to Matt, "I'm sorry Matty I know you loved her but it has to be this way,"

Matt wipes a tear away from his face, "No, it doesn't. This isn't right, you're not killing Elena."

"Sorry blue eyes, but it's not up to you," Katherine interjects

She focuses on Elena done playing these games and ready to be done with her double once and for all, "I'd say see you on the otherside but thankfully I won't be there."

Stefan fearing her next actions tackles them both to the ground before Katherine can kill Elena, quickly Damon sees a chance for his revenge and rushes forward grabbing Katherine from the pile, leaving no room for hesitation he rips her heart out.