Time's Up Part 1

3rd Person POV:

Nadia informed the gang that they would need the other doppelgänger for the spell and wouldn't be willing to move forward without him.

"I'm sorry, him?" Elena asks confused.

"You are the doppelgänger of Amara we need to find the doppelgänger of Silas," Nadia explains.

"What? No I'm the doppelgänger of Tatia, aren't I?" Elena asks Elijah.

"Unless my mother chose her to sacrifice for reasons other than to torture Niklaus and myself," Elijah says.

"She did, it was her doppelgänger blood that gave her the power to create vampires," Nadia explains.

"So what did Silas look like, Who is the male doppelgänger?" Bonnie asks.

"Every set of doppelgängers and born to search each other out, they attract each other, can't live without the other, makes it easy because once you've found one, you've found two," she says walking around the living room stopping in front of a picture.

"The shadow image of the first immortal, Silas, has been in front of you all from the start," she says passing a photo of Stefan to Elena.

"Oh my god."

"You're certain, Mr. Salvatore is the other doppelganger?" Elijah asks truly surprised.

"There has to be another one, he already died and became a vampire, a human doppelganger would have been born again long before he crossed over to the otherside," Nadia explains.

"This is why he hasn't come to see me, isn't it?" Elena asks, "Oh my god, Katherine is on the otherside, so that's who he can't stay away from... was any of it real? Did he ever actually love me?"

Nadia shrugs not caring but Bonnie steps in.

"Of course he did, she only said it drew them together, not made them feel anything. I mean if it did then Katherine wouldn't have bothered with Damon right? She only would have had eyes for Stefan, and what about when she faked her death, I mean could you have done something like that?" Bonnie asks, "hurt him with his brother and then by..."

"We have to find the other doppelganger, the human one, that's the only way I'll know for sure," Elena says.

"Finally someone says something I agree with," Nadia chimes in.

Meanwhile on the otherside Damon has had enough.

He finds Stefan talking to Katherine of course and grabs him by the back of his neck.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"EEEEEEH, times up brother, it's now no longer optional," Damon says making an annoying game-like buzzing sound before turning to Katherine, "I'll return him in a moment, Satan, but feel free to hold your breath."

Katherine tries to follow but Damon is able to think them away too quickly and not knowing where they could have gone she is stuck staying behind.

Damon keeps his hold on Stefan strong as he brings him to Elena, catching him up on what they all just learned.

The first thing Stefan sees is Nadia with her hands on Elena's head and buckets by her cut and bleeding arms.

"No, Elena!" He cries out trying to reach her but his brother doesn't let him go.

"This is what you have done to her, brother, she is submitting to torture in order to find the human copy of you to prove to herself that what the two of you had was real."

"What?" Stefan asks horrified, "Of course it was real!" He argues.

"And how would she know that Stefan?" Damon asks, "It's not like you've made any effort to reach out since crossing over no you're happy to spend all your time with the nearest doppelgänger aka Katherine Lucifer M. Pierce."

Stefan finally understands what his brother has been saying and shakes him off walking up to Elena.

"Hey, I'm here," he says kneeling down before her, her screams torturing him.

He looks around frantically, "Where's Jeremy, tell him to stop this!" he shouts.

"Sorry baby bro he's off on other witch business you know trying to save us... but please enjoy her screams. How does it feel to watch the woman you love suffer and be nothing you can do about it, kinda like how your new bff and old one teamed up to chain me to my bed as Clara was being skewered," Damon says taunting him, "sucks, huh?"