Burn, Baby Burn

3rd Person POV:

After Elena's Birthday party the gang hung around and helped to start the cleanup process.

They learned about Elena's necklace and all had their theories.

"Well, have you been true blooding it?" Tyler asks.

Elena looks at him confused "What?"

"You know drinking Stefan's blood for a high..." he explains.

"Oh! that's not a bad idea," Caroline says jumping in, "maybe you have too much vampire blood in your system and it reacted negatively with the vervain in the necklace."

"What?! No, I do not dink Stefan's blood for a high!" Elena tells them.

"Besides if it was reacting with something in Elena it would still burn her now but it's stopped," Stefan adds.

"Maybe Bonnie can help when she gets back." Jeremy offers.

"Yeah, where the hell is Sabrina the teenage witch? Shouldn't Daddy-daughter bonding time have been done by now?" Damon says.

Elena rolls her eyes at Damon and then looks to Clara, "Clara, what do you think?"

All eyes turn to Clara waiting to hear what she has to say...

"I don't know but whatever it is... it's nothing good. We need to be extra vigilant until we figure it out. So until we do- brush up on your codes and contingencies and remember buddy system." She tells the gang sternly.

Over summer break the gang devised several emergency drills for every kind of big bad they could think of that they might have to face in the future. It was their own version of defense preparedness and unfortunately, it looked like they might be needing it soon.

CLARA POV:

Twice in the past week, my husband has gotten too drunk to make it home, I would wake up in the morning to find him passed out in front of our tree. He clearly hated living "rough" even tho compared to servant quarters this was luxury, my pretty privileged man was obviously not cut out for anything less than 5-star living.

But I wasn't about to put him out of his misery... that would be way too easy and way less fun. No, if he wanted to move he had to be man enough to have an honest conversation with me and tell me what was bothering him with actual words.

Until then I was happy to keep watching him clumsily dance around the subject.

Today I was accompanying Caroline to School, she offered me her slot with the guidance counselor since she had already figured it all out for herself.

I was nervous for some reason, Damon even offered to come with me but I told him I was just being silly and we'd meet up afterward to do something fun that Stefan would disapprove of. 

That earned me his sexy crooked smile which helped calm me down a little. 

I was sitting with Caroline outside the office now,

(the door opens and a woman early 50s stands in the hallway calling for Ms. Forbes)

Caroline got up and walked over to compel the counselor that I was her new appointment. 

"Of course, come right in Mrs. Salvatore."

I took a seat in her cramped office and waited nervously as if this middle-aged woman was some fortune-teller who was about to lay my whole life out for me.

"So what is it I can help you with today?" she asks.

"Well I am... a recent graduate," some lying was going to be necessary, "and had decided to take a gap year," a phrase Caroline had told me to use, "however I am no closer to figuring out what I should do. Is that something you can help me with?"

"Of course, I have a few career aptitude tests you can take and there is no harm in starting community college to get your foundation classes out of the way while taking a few electives to see what might interest you for a future major."

She gave me a website to go to for the tests and sent me on my way.

It wasn't everything I was hoping for but at least it gave me some sort of direction to go in next.

Exiting the school I was greeted by the image of Damon leaning against his car looking sinful, and I was eager to leave my worries behind and spend the rest of the day sinning with him.

"So, ready to wreak havoc?" He asked dancing his eyebrows a bit,

"Oh definitely."

3rd Person POV:

Clara and Damon peeled out of the parking lot and immediately started speeding. Clara felt amazing with the wind blowing in her hair and her hot husband sitting next to her... if only there was some way to make a career out of that. 

Damon drove them to the quarry and they both exited the car moving closer to the edge to look over at the water.

"This view never gets old," Clara said taking in the beauty.

"No, it doesn't," Damon replied taking in the sight of her.

3rd Person POV:

Clara turned and gave Damon a sexy look, she raised her arms and slowly took her shirt with them, stripping it off herself.

Damon smiled, catching on to what the wife had planned for them this afternoon.

He immediately went for his pants unbuttoning them and pulling them down to catch up with her.

Soon they were both naked and Damon went to grab her, but Clara was too quick and flung herself off the edge diving down into the water below as an excited cheer escaped her.

Damon smiled and eagerly followed her over. The cold water hit him hard, but thankfully he didn't have the problem most men face when jumping in cold water, he was sure if his junk could it would thank him for being a vampire.

As his head broke over the water he looked around for his wife.

"Clara! Come out, come out, wherever you are."

She surprised him by jumping him from behind. Soon the two were tussling underwater but quickly their play fighting slowed and they had more sensual embraces for each other.

Clara hooked her leg over Damon's hip as he kept them above the water's surface by treading his arms. She slid her left hand down his hard stomach in search of the other hardness her body craved.

With his cock in her hand, she threaded her other hand through his hair giving it a violent tug forcing him to look into her eyes as she guided him into her.

Kicking his legs furiously enough Damon was able to drop his hands and move them over Clara, savoring her hot wet form as she set their tempo.

"God, I love you," he told her causing her to smile and increase her efforts. He stopped kicking and the pair sank below into the water not caring about the lack of oxygen only concerned with the sensations they could evoke in one another.

A couple of hours later the pair were blissfully spent.

Meanwhile in CHICAGO

Klaus POV:

Rebekah was furious. Apparently, Gloria had seen our mother's necklace on the neck of Elena Gilbert... the only problem with that was I had killed the bothersome doppelgänger myself. Unless the Salvatores had managed to pull something, that would explain why I had been so unsuccessful in my pursuits this summer... well, looks like I was going to be paying my old friend Stefan a visit sooner than I thought.