Times Up Part 2

A/N: Sorry I know it's a horribly rushed ending, I've always known how I wanted the story to end I don't know why I just lost passion for this and it has been so hard to force myself to go back to this story but here is a quick summary of how I saw it ending. Again sorry it's not as flushed out as other chapters/the rest of the story but if I don't give it some ending now it could be years before I come back to it.

The spell Nadia did on Elena worked and they were able to find Stefan's human doppelganger, Thomas.

Elena didn't feel anything but sympathy for him and guilt for dragging him into all this but it wasn't anything compared to what she felt for Stefan which both reassured her and also broke her heart a little that he still hadn't made contact yet.

Stefan meanwhile was in a guilt spiral for letting himself get so distracted on the otherside he let Elena get to such a point where she'd put herself through any of what she just went through to prove what they had was real.

The travelers were gathering for the final spell.

 Anyone on the otherwise who wanted to come back would be able to however it would be the same way Kol did, as a human... well unless you were a witch. No vampires and no triggered werewolves. Katherine's first question was would she be able to become a vampire afterward but to her ire the answer was no. Vampire blood would have no effect on those who chose to come back.

Damon could make his peace with that even tho he had loved being a vampire the only problem he had was that Clara was a vampire, if he came back and lived a human life and died they'd never end up in the same place.

Caroline sympathized and asked Jeremy if he could help her and Damon and explain this all to Clara if he felt safe enough.

The only way around this would be if Clara died before the travelers did the spell and came back with Damon as a human.

Rebekah offered to tag along for his safety having decided she would be doing the same thing in order to get her chance at being human again.

Clara didn't believe them no matter what they said but Bonnie let Damon know there would be an hour window during when the spell was being cast for him to cross over and convince her and still have time for her to die and come back but it would be cutting it close.

When it finally happened he found her lying in the middle of the road.

He put the car in park and leaving the headlights on came to stand in front of the car just watching her for a bit.

"You might want to bend your leg at an angle or something, not really selling the helpless and injured routine right now," he says.

His voice startles her and she slowly looks over to him getting up off the ground.

"So what they found a witch and are now making me have hallucinations in order for me to turn my switch back on or are you just haunting me?" she asks still not believing what was right in front of her.

"Nope, it's all me, in the flesh. And trust me if I was haunting you I would have brought a pottery wheel and a righteous brothers cd," Damon says pushing off the car and taking a few steps towards her.

"What?" she asks confused.

"Right, we never did get you caught up on cinema did we.... anyway it's really me, promise, care to see for yourself?" he asks holding out a hand for her.

She looks at it almost tempted for a second before shaking her head and walking away.

"Stopped by the house," Damon calls after her, "not bad... little sloppy, definitely wouldn't pass any building codes."