Chapter eleven

Me and my friends are at Starbucks. We took a table near the window and I'm sitting on the window side looking at the car's passing by so fast. All my friends took coffee with milk expect me. I took hot chocolate to warm my cold heart. It's not that cold outside but I'm feeling so cold from the inside. I'm breathing the hot air coming from my hot chocolate. I'm not talkative at all. My friends are having great conversations but I nod if needed and answer shortly. I hope they won't ask me too many questions because I'm not in the right mind to answer their questions.

That's when I hear Angie whisper something into my left ear. I look at her side and give her a confused look "huh". She speaks again, "What happened? Why are you daydreaming the whole time? Did something happened?". She shoots me with so many questions which I don't know how to answer. I simply say, "I'm still tired and don't feel like talking.". She nods in understanding and points her index finger in front of us. I follow her finger to see what she was pointing at, she was pointing at Em and Lisa. They are so focused on talking and bickering with each other that they seem to forget this world.

My lips curled upwards because it made me smile. They are being so cute like small kids. It's like they are playing with their favourite barbie and bicker with the friend who wants to touch it. They kept talking for a while, me and Angie were drinking our drinks. We weren't talking but we enjoyed the silence while looking at our friends in front of us. I was happy at the moment and I seem to forget what earlier happened.

We stayed another hour at Starbucks after that we went for shopping. Em and Lisa bought a dress with matching heels. I didn't like anything except for one hoodie that caught my attention. The words touched my heart so I bought it. (Picture below)

Angie didn't buy anything because nothing caught her eyes

Angie didn't buy anything because nothing caught her eyes. After shopping, we went to an Asian Sushi & Noodle Bar. We were all craving for some noodle and sushi. We all ordered chicken noodle wok with salade, soup and some Dragon rolls for each of us. (Picture below)

After dinner, we went back to our dormitory and Lisa went home as well

After dinner, we went back to our dormitory and Lisa went home as well. Despite my will, I had a great day with my friends. They always brighten up my day even though they didn't know I was having a bad day. Here I am again in my room laying on my comfortable bed flashing back to the memories I made with my friends.

I sign and put my phone on the nightstand table near my bed. There is still a fear deep inside my heart that kept me away from turning on my WiFi. I don't want to go through the social media apps. The fear can take over me anytime and I don't want that to happen. I have put an alarm so I can wake up early and work on my unfinished assignments. I haven't got any time to work on them. I say, "Sweet sleep come to take over me.", before closing my eyes.

It's already Monday morning and I'm waiting for my friends at the main entrance so we can leave for our classes. Students life is the toughest one, so many people expect a lot from us. But I guess that's life so, always look forward and keep going. I'm like some literature teacher who is telling their students about life, how boring.

I'm sitting on the bench and moving my legs back and forth thinking about yesterday. Sunday passed so fast, I woke up later than expected but I worked well on my assignments. I submitted one of my assignments, the second is almost done and I haven't even started on the third one. I don't even know what it is about. So, there went my Sunday on my assignments, how interesting right?

Again I find myself looking at the fountain and leaving my thoughts behind. All a sudden I see someone staring at me. He is standing right in front of me but on the boy's dormitory. I can't see his face well because he is wearing big sunglasses and a scarf around his neck that uncovers his lips. I don't remember when I stood up from the bench and went closer to the big windows. I want to see him better but I couldn't because he knew well how to cover his face. He looks like the boy from across the Starbucks that day.

I see a smirk on his lips which bought me back to reality and I freaked out. I run to the door of the main entrance because I'm so damn scared at the moment. I swing open the door at a fast motion and run out. I wasn't looking where I was going so I bump into someone. I lost my balance and I was sure I was going meet the ground when someone grabbed on my hand and hold it. I turn my head to look at the ground, I was inches away from the ground. At a slow-motion, they pulled me upwards and I was back on my feet.

"Thank you so much and I'm sorry. I should have looked where I was going.", I said facing the ground. "Your welcome and no problem. You didn't hurt yourself right?", His tone was so sweet. I looked up to reply but I freeze when I saw his face. It was my new neighbour. "No no, I didn't hurt myself. If you didn't hold my hand I would have hurt myself for sure." I say with a shy smile.

"You are my neighbour right? I remember seeing you that day when I was closing my curtains.", He says all a sudden. I'm embarrassed remembering that moment. "Yes, It's me. I remember about that day too.", I say. Why am I getting so shy in front of him? I ask myself. "I'm Ryder, Liam Ryder.", he says in James Bond-style bringing his hands forward so I can shake it. "I'm Johnson, Skyler Johnson.", I say in the same tone shaking his hands.

We were both laughing at ourselves when I heard someone call my name. I turn around to look at the person I know so well. It was Em and Angie, they were both coming to our way. "You were already outside the building and didn't tell us before leaving. If we didn't hear you guys laughing we wouldn't know you were here.", Em takes a deep breath after talking. Suddenly I remember what happened earlier and why I ran out of the building. "SKYLER!", I hear my name close to my ear. "YES!" I say before closing my ears. "You are daydreaming a lot these days.", Angie sounds worried.

"Sorry, guys I saw a mouse running around so I freaked out and ran outside. That's when I bumped into Liam and we started to talk a bit.", I say to my friends in a sad tone. That's when they acknowledged Liam's existence. Liam waved at them and introduced himself by his full name. Rather normal then on Bond-style which he did in front of me. "I'm Emily Jackson, I'm Angelina Smith and we are Skyler's best friends.", My two best friends said together. We told him to call us by our nicknames.

"Are you new here because we didn't saw you that often? You are also Skye's new neighbour, before you, she never had a neighbour.", Em questioned Liam. "Yes, I'm new here. I studied my first year of college in another city but I changed because I didn't like there.", He said. "Ohh!", is all we said. We are all in our second year of Bachelor in Psychology. I saw him in our class so that means he is our classmate too. "So, you are our classmate right? We have seen you in our classes.", Angie asks him before I could ask him. He nods his head to agree.

"Let's get going otherwise we will be late.", Em starts to walk after saying that. Em and Angie were walking in front of me and Liam. We are following them. I feel my phone buzzing on my pocket but I ignore it. It must be a text, I thought and kept walking with my friends.

Unknown's POV:

"That's why you don't want to be friends with me.", They say looking at Skyler and her friends from a distance. "I'm loving this even more. It's getting interesting.", They say out loud with a smirk on their lips. They type something on their phone and left in the same direction as Skyler and her friends.

End of Unknown's POV

Author's note:

Sorry guys for not updating sooner. I was just too busy to update.

I hope you guys will like it and thank you so much for reading my book <3

Also, leave your thoughts about Liam and the Unknown person ;)