Chapter nine

I again froze at my place, I couldn't move my feet. My heartbeat is soo fast and I'm scared that my heart might come out of my chest. Even tho I was in fear, I still turned around to look who it was. The first thing I saw when I turned around was light blue eyes which have a similar colour to the oceans. I saw that he was starring at the two boys with a blank face. But, there was something more in his eyes, something weird. ANGER, anger it is but why. It was the first time I met him. I didn't know him, neither have I ever saw him in the lectures.

His gaze was so intimidating that the boys got scared, they gulped and left without saying a word. It also kinda scared me but I didn't say anything. "Hey, I saw the boys were bothering you so I barged in." He said with some emotions in his words. His eyes were back to normal, no cold look or anger. It looked different. "Hey, Thank you so much.", I said a little hesitant. "Don't freak out, I am here to help only. My name is Samuel but you can call me Sam.", He said moving his hand forward so that I could shake it. "My name is Skyler but you can call me Skye.", I said shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you.", He said and I said it back.

"Are you going to stay here or are you going inside?", He asked me. "I'm going inside, my friends must be worrying about me.", I said. I freaked out a bit remembering that I have been out for long enough to make them worry. As we were walking through the garden towards the front door, I was thinking about Samuel. He seemed nice but something is off about him. I'm not sure what, I can't explain why, but I sure as hell feel weird.

Once I was inside the front door. Both of my friends came running towards me and they both hugged me taking my breath away. "Where have you been? It took you soo long. You didn't even take the call. We do worry about you, you know?", said a worried Angie. Em was giving me the same look.

"Relax guys, I forgot my phone inside and some boys came on my way. They were bothering me and that's when he came in between.", I said, pointing at Samuel. Samuel waved at them and said, "Hey, My name is Samuel but call me Sam.". Both of my friends waved at him smiling and they also introduced themselves. "My name is Angelina but you can call me Angie.", Angie said and Em says, "My name is Emily and you can just call me Em.".

After they all introduced each other, we talked for a while but it was getting late. It's already past midnight. "Girls, it's getting late. We should leave now.", I said to my friends. I turned to Samuel to say my goodbyes that's when he says, "I'm also going to leave now. Where do you guys live? I can walk with you, it's pretty late.".

Before I could say no, Em already said, "We live in that girl's dormitory that's a little further from here." I glared at her and she gave me an innocent look. That's when I hear Samuel say, "That's great, I live on that boys dormitory on the opposite side of you're dormitory."

"Let's go, I'll walk with you guys.", Samuel said. We nodded and followed him to the front door. As we were about to leave the house we heard someone say "WAIT". We all turned around to see who stopped us. Lisa came running towards us, "You guys are already leaving and didn't even said goodbye." She pouted. "You were busy with guests and it is getting late so we were leaving. But, we can meet soon with the four of us and talk a lot." Em said with a reassuring smile. That's when Lisa's pout changed into an excited squeal. She then nodded, gave us a tight group hug and waved us goodbye. 

We left the house and started our short journey to our dormitory. Em and Angie are talking with Samuel. I'm listening to their small talk and nod to agree if needed. It didn't take long before we arrived.

"So, we reached sooner than expected.", Samuel said with an awkward smile. "Yeah, it didn't feel long at all. Hope to see you in classes sometime.", said Em smiling. "I guess we should go inside now. You should also go now Samuel.", I said awkwardly. He took a moment before waving goodbye as he made his way to his dormitory. We then went inside the main entrance of our dormitory.

I gave a tight hug to my friends and said goodbye. We all made our way to the direction of our lifts. My lift opened first, I went inside the lift and waved again at my friends. I have a smile on my face. Tonight we enjoyed a lot. I'm happy I said yes to go to the party. I came back to reality when I heard the ding sound from the lift that signaled I arrived at my floor. The lift doors opened and I walked through the corridor to my room. Once I arrived at my door I looked for my keys in my bag. 

I kept looking for it but I can't find it. I hope no one took it out of my bag. I lift up my phone from my hands to call my friends. The moment I was about to dial the numbers I heard a sound coming from near the lift. I get scared, it's quiet here since everybody is already sleeping or are still out partying all night. I took a deep breath and got some courage to walk towards the lift. I'm taking my steps very carefully. Finally, I reached the lift and looked around, but I didn't saw anyone. The moment I was about to turn around I saw my keys in front of the lift door. I'm surprised I didn't realised it fell out of my bag. I pick up my keys and quickly leave for my room.

I opened the door and looked around the corridor before going inside my room. I locked the door and double-checked it. When I was sure it's locked, I'm relieved. I put my bag on the side and take off my heels. It feels good to feel the ground with my feet. Walking with heels is the real struggle. I then changed into comfortable pyjama's, washed my face to free it from the makeup and brushed my teeth. I get my phone out of my bag and walked towards my bed.

"OH my sweet bed, I missed you soo much.", I said out loud and throw myself on my bed. I open my phone and the first thing I see is someone's facebook profile. Suddenly, I remember I had a friend request from the owner of that account. I look through the account but I don't know them. That person don't even have a photo of themselves. It looks creepy and gives a negative vibe. I delete the friend request and turn off my WIFI before putting the phone on the nightstand table. I hate it when the notifications disturb my sweet sleep. Tomorrow is Saturday so I don't need to put an alarm. I can finally relax and rest without any disturbance.

With those calming thoughts, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Author's note:

How is this chapter? Leave your thoughts in the comment section and click on that star if you like it  ;)

Thank you <3