Chapter two

When we get inside the auditorium Em says, "I'm glad there aren't many people here yet. There is still plenty of empty spots."

"Let's sit on that row before someone comes and sits there. It's perfect!" I say enthusiastically and pull my friends to that direction.

We often sit on this side. Seats in this auditorium are exactly three-quarters of a circle and on the remaining one quarter is the professor already ready with his laptop. We are sitting on the right side of the professor and we can see the students right in front of us very well.

I was just looking around and I see mysterious eyes of a boy staring at me. I looked on both sides to be sure that he wasn't looking at someone else, but no, he was looking at me. He quickly looked to the professor when he noticed me seeing him. Em waves my cellphone in front of me and says, "You got a text message."

I jumped by my friend's sudden voice and turned my face to her to see a questioning look on her face. I assure her that nothing is going on and that I was just thinking about some stuff. I quickly grab my cellphone and look at the message I received from my sister. "Still arrived on time", texted my sister with a devil emoji. I had to laugh at her reaction and then I replied to her message with a YES. I quickly grab my books cause the lecture already started five minutes ago.

******

The lecture has been going on for TWO hours. It is getting boring right now. Fortunately, I have only one class today and I'm glad it's almost 5min of break time. I'm thinking about the unusual things that happened earlier. First, the feeling that someone was following us and then that strange boy. I've never experienced such an abnormal day. I noticed that the boy was looking more often to my direction. I've never noticed him before. Then why today, all of a sudden.

"BREAK TIME" my friends shout so loud on both sides of my ears, that nearly gave me a heart attack. "STOP" was the only thing I could say before closing both of my ears with my hands. They both start to laugh and say sorry together.

"Why are you guys even happy? We still have ONE HOUR to go." I said a little annoyed. "That's true, but after that, we are free for the whole day." says Angie while Em nods to agree with her and says, "Let's go to Starbucks, it's been a while since we went there."

"That's a fantastic idea. I'm in and what about you Skye?" Angie says excitedly looking towards me. "I don't know," I tell her hesitantly. It's actually a very good idea, then at least my thoughts won't go to other things. After a little thinking, I agree to go. They got happy like a little kid winning some candy. The professor started with the lecture and I'm now focusing on the lesson.

******
"It was a heavy class," I tell my friends while we're on our way to Starbucks. Angie agreed with me and Em then started to shout "STARBUCKESSSS!" We both laugh at her childish behaviour. Em is crazy for Starbucks coffee, who wouldn't be, they have THE BEST COFFEE after all. 

We were right in front of Starbucks when I could feel a burning sensation on my back. I could tell someone was staring at me. I quickly turn around to see someone across the street looking at us, at me. I can't see his face well because he was wearing a cap and big sunglasses, maybe to cover his face. Lost in my own thoughts, without even noticing anything else, I take a few steps toward him. Suddenly my friends pull me back harshly. I then hear the driver cursing me very loudly, "You can gladly COMMIT SUICIDE but NOT in front of my car." I didn't turn to face the driver, but I could feel him driving off very quickly. 

My friends were saying something, but I couldn't make anything out of it because my eyes didn't leave that person. My eyes follow him until the end of the street. Even though I didn't saw his face clearly, but I could tell for sure that the guy enjoyed me getting embarrassed in the middle of the road. After watching the little show, he calmly kept walking down the street. 

My friends were shaking me and only then I got back to reality. Angie was saying "Skyler, are you okay? What's wrong? And Em said "You were almost DEAD. What were you thinking? Are you fine?"

I couldn't talk, not even one word came out of my mouth, I was still in shock by what just happened a few minutes ago. I felt my blood rising to my head. Unexpectedly the following words came out of my mouth, "I don't know. I thought someone was looking at us, so I turned around. Then I saw that guy across the street. But I don't know why I took a few steps forward."

"Never mind!" said a worried Angie. "Yes! You don't have to worry. Just think of it as a nightmare and try to forget it." said Em. I answer them saying "Yes, you are right, I should just let it be.", while trying to calm myself down.

"Let's go inside," I tell them. "Don't you just wanna go to your room and rest a bit?" asks Angie and but I tell her "No, I rather stay with you guys, then at least I won't think about it anymore."

"Then let's go!" says Em. I then joined them, but I don't think I will be able to shake off what happened a few minutes ago. It was a nightmare that I experienced in the daylight, so I just can't forget it. I can feel a fear waking up, deep inside of my heart, and I can tell that this fear will not fade easily. 

But I don't want to scare my friends either. I don't want to upset them or stress them out over something that I can't explain, at least not now. 

Author's note:

Here's another update. I hope you guys will like it. also, don't hesitate to leave a comment.

I also want to thank my sister for helping me with the story.