Chapter five

I woke up to see both of my friends still sleeping peacefully. I might have had been thinking too much last night after we played games I felt much better. It made my thoughts go away, at least for a while.

We played truth or dare and asked each other weird questions. We also gave weird dares to one another as well. One of the funniest dares I got was how I would ask the person I love to marry me or rather propose him to spend the rest of his life with me. I'm not a romantic person and neither am I able to express my true feelings in any way. I don't think that I have no emotions or something like that, but maybe being romantic or being able to express yourself is a gift, a gift that I don't have. So that dare was abnormally tough for me and me being me, of course, ended up saying it in a monotonous voice with 0 emotion. Let's just say that my friends got a real reason to laugh at this time. They seriously couldn't stop laughing while looking and for sure feeling sorry for me. I was so done with myself so I decided to join them and started to laugh with them.

We also played UNO. At some point, we were having a competition with the change card. We kept throwing change cards.
I start to smile while thinking about those moments.

"Why are you smiling alone like some crazy person?", Angie asked me while rubbing her eyes to get the sleep away. "Yeah, really I was also questioning that to myself, ", said Em with a blank face.

"Hmm, it's nothing, I was thinking about yesterday, how we all enjoyed the games," I say still smiling.

"Oh yes, it was super, I still can't forget how we all acted while singing All of me. We are just too much.", said Em laughing louder than ever. "Same here! But every happy story comes to an end, so let's make us ready for classes and eat something because I'm starving.", Angie said while holding her stomach and whining like a kid she is.

"Yes, let's go, girls, ", I say immediately after Angie finished her nagging and with that, we all start to get ready for the day. We just did our usual stuff and then changed our clothes for uni. I had lent them my pyjama's because they didn't want to leave me, not even just to get their pj's. It would have only taken them 5 minutes to do that but I guess that they wanted to be there for me like they always do.

We took our bags and I closed the door of my room. We were walking through the corridor and I could already see the lift. At that moment I again started to think about yesterday and that made me stop walking towards the lift. I didn't even notice that I wasn't moving until Angie and Em called for me.

I heard Angie saying something, not seeing me react she repeated herself, "We can just take the stairs.", that's what she said and next I saw Em nodding. They must have seen the hesitant look on my face and that must have made them change their mind about taking the lift. I didn't think much, I was just glad that I don't have to take that lift where I almost died. I say thank you to both of them and so we start to walk again. I don't know why but just before taking the stairs that are next to the lift I automatically turned my head to the lift, maybe it was to have one last glance at it. Maybe because I still couldn't make any sense of what happened yesterday. But that's all for layer I guess, right now I am just happy that I have such understanding friends. The thought about my friends made me happy.

As soon as we arrived at my kitchen they started to ask what I have for breakfast for us, "I didn't know you were staying in but I did buy some eggs and bread when we went to the supermarket yesterday," I tell them, also partly to calm them down, because they surely were hungry. I could tell that by the amount of them screaming. They were both so happy and said OMELETTE in unison like some weird twins. They started to laugh at themselves while looking at each other and that also made me smile.

Angie started to cut onions and tomatoes, the "main ingredients for an omelette", Em had already put the frying pan on the stove and I was busy breaking eggs. Next, Angie had put the ingredients and I mixed them. Em made three omelettes and so we put one omelette for each in a plate on the table. After that, we'll you know we started to attack our breakfast after shouting "BON APPETITE". Just after taking one bite, I started to put ketchup on my bread just to hear Em saying "How can you eat like that?", with a questioning look on her face.

"Hmm, and why can I not eat like THAT I said pointing at the ketchup that I was holding, I ALWAYS eat like that. Maybe you should also try it, you might just have a taste of heaven." I say enthusiastically making laugh. I have always been a drama queen when it came to me and my omelette with ketchup. I could just barely hear her saying NO, because I was laughing like crazy. I am always like whatever but sometimes I act like a crazy person, don't blame it on me, it's my friends, they really know how and when to hit the right nerve in my system.

Angie was just laughing because she already went through a dramatic "outburst" with me on this particular topic since we have known each other way longer than Em. So she just kept quiet and was giggling the whole time. When Em looked at Angie she said, "Been there, done that", with a straight face. That actually made everything even funnier.
We all ended up laughing uncontrollably.

After what seemed like ages, we finished our breakfast and quickly did the dishes. We also had put everything back in the cupboard. After making sure that everything is neat and clean, we started to make our way out to the main entrance. Em and Angie both looked at me with a worried face. I got confused so I asked them, "What happened?". "We have to change our books for our class later.", answered Angie and she quickly added, "You can come with me or with Em if you don't feel like waiting here by yourself."

"No, noting like that, I'm totally fine. You guys can go and change your books. I'll just wait up here, but make it quick.",I answered Angie so they hurriedly left towards the lift saying " We will see you in no time."

Now I was all by myself, I turned my face towards the fountain while taking a seat on the bench. It was a big fountain in the middle of the garden. The fountain made our garden look anything but ordinary, it made everything of its surrounding look special. It also divided the boys and girls dormitory in two. The fountains seemed to calm me down like no person could, not even Angie and Em. Maybe it was something about the way it floated, but all my problems and worries seemed too small whenever I am looking at this fountain.
There must be some secret about it.

Just when I was lost in my thoughts, I heard someone say "We're back!". I looked to the source of the voice and I saw none other than Angie. I could see Em walking behind her just after a few seconds, she was typing something on her phone. I looked back to Angie and smiled. "Let's go!", I said to her while pulling her towards our "destination'.

"Wait, wait before I forget to tell you guys. We are invited to a party this Friday and you both are coming.", said Em quickly. "Do we really have to go, because I'm not in the mood for it.", I quickly said whining like a 5 year old. "It sounds fun. You are having a lot going on your mind so you deserve to enjoy and do something fun to forget about it. Just come with us," Angie said practically pleading to me. Em was plus making it harder for me to refuse by giving me he4 look with those big puppy eyes. She is such an evil sometimes, she knows I can't deny her puppy eyes. Damn it they know me too well for my own good (sometimes).

"Okay, but only because you both are trying so hard to convince me," I said giving in like always. They got soo happy and started to dance. "Let's just go, otherwise we will be late for our class, ", I said, pulling them both out of the main door, still feeling annoyed by myself for giving in so easily.

With that, I started to run to the aula with my friends with just a little annoyance, but a lot of joy and excitement.

Author's note:

Friendship requires just like a building a solid base where you can build up bit by bit.
Only those with kind heart and good soul know what real friendship is. Only they are able to form that solid base. Learn to know with whom you can or can't build that base.
Only that way you'll be able to protect your heart.