Chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

She was wrong about one thing. I never planned to abandon my brother. I was going to see him again but not now. I wrote him that letter to explain to him when I was leaving and that he shouldn't blame himself. I told him I forgave him and in time we could be a family again.

I was being selfish. The truth is that I'm scared shitless. I'm scared of feeling what I felt 5 years ago. I don't want to be weak anymore. I'm a Ace wolf but what I realised it that hasn't changed me from the inside but on the out. I'm physically stronger, I have skills that normal wolves don't. I can kill without even shifting. I'm fit and make sure I'm fit in my human form too. Physically I'm not that same girl but inside, I'm still hurting like I did before.

There is no doubt in my mind or heart, I forgive my brother. I know he feels like crap for what he had done but I am to blame too. I should have just told him. I should have told him about our mother but I didn't because I thought I was doing the right thing. That stupid secret made our father walk out, probably to his death and I didn't want that for my brother. I also know my brother loved my mother, flaws or not. I didn't know why because she wasn't always great. She was always gone. When she wasn't she was a bitch. At least to me she was.

Before I could chicken out, I entered the room. Tom was sleeping. It has been not more the two days since I had seen him. Not much has change, other than he's out of coma and some of his wounds have heals but not by much.

My hands are a bit sweating so I wipe them on my jeans. I swallow as I take closer steps to my brother. Someone I hadn't seen for years. Someone I have missed for more than a decade.

When he opened his eyes, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I just started crying and let me tell you something about myself, I'm a ugly crier. My eyes shut together and my lips do shit without my brain when controlling it.

I didn't know I had an ugly crying face until some kid I had crush on when I was cry straight out told me. After that, I had started covering my face every time I cried for some reason I had allowed Tom to see me like this. I always had.

It's probably how he knew it was me.

"Charlie?"he says in a weak voice.

That's all it took for me to jump on him and hug him like my life depended on.

"I'm so so sorry Charlie"he says over and over again as I cry in his arms.

It's only when he winces that I let him go. I stood near him.

"Don't do that ever again"

That's my first words to my brother that I haven't seen in five years.

"I'm sorry"he says.

I shake my head "let's just forget about that. I don't care about all that. I'm just glad you are okay" I tell him.

"I'm glad you're okay too. I thought you were dead"he whispers.

"I'm sorry I left. I had to go" I reply.

"I understand. I was a shit brother. I didn't protect you. I should have. I was so blind to everything that was in front of me. I'm sorry about Calvin too"

I froze. Did he know about Calvin already? Who had told him? Is that the reason why he isn't allowing him to enter the room? Am I the reason why two best friends who are more like brothers aren't talking?

"Calvin and I are complicated"I explained.

"It's my fault. I'm sorry he rejected you"

"I'm not"I shrugged.

And that's the truth. I'm not sorry he had rejected me because it gave me the excuse to be me now. I have great friends who I consider my family. Yes I would have been an Ace wolf whether I stayed or not but I was able to explore and find myself in the moonlight pack. I was allowed to be myself and grow as a person. I didn't have to watch my back. I'm someone that one can respect. I wouldn't have been me if I didn't leave. I would have been that stuck in that mess forever.