Blackout Defeated*

Annabeth's POV

Me and Galaxy (Samairah) have been roaming Paris for a good two hours, with the darkness getting endlessly blacker, trying to find Blackout. By the end, I was getting tired and frustrated. I know, I have trudged through Tartarus for days on end, so I should have more stamina, but having absolute darkness around you that cannot be punctuated by any kind of light except magical flames was a new experience, and also quite oppressing.

At least Tartarus had light, even though it was blood red and extremely stifling.

We were walking through a stretch of road and had come to a crossroad when Galaxy faltered.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I am not sure. It's definitely something that would help us, but I can't put my finger on it." I trusted her enough to know that what she was saying must be true, so even I started looking around, even though there wasn't much to look at.

"We had passed this crossroad two minutes ago. It wasn't darkened." She said suddenly.

Catching on to what she was saying, or at least thinking, I completed the thought. "This means that Blackout must be nearby."

She nodded and then turned around in a circle, examining all the roads branching off. She pointed over to one. "I think he has gone that way. All three other roads were darkened the last time we were here, and that was the only lightened one."

"Maybe he doubled back and went one of those ways. You can't be sure he went there." I pointed out.

Galaxy hung her head, the flickering flames of her staff making eerie shadows appear on her face. "I'm not. But he is trying to cover as much area as he can, so it makes sense he went that way."

I nodded and we took off. After running for a minute, I noticed something like a wall of darkness in the distance. I knew by what we had seen before that it meant that there was light on the other side. This meant Blackout was there.

"I think Blackout is here." I whispered to Galaxy, and then put on a burst of speed without waiting for her reply. I soon reached the wall and tackled the place where I thought Blackout was. Galaxy had said that he probably looked like a wisp of smoke, but thankfully I could touch him. Both of us fell on the ground, grappling. Blackout was trying to push me off, and I was trying to pin him to the ground. "Galaxy!" I called out.

The sound of footsteps became louder, and light illuminated the area around us, also falling on Blackout's ghostly face.

"Yep, there he is." She said, before throwing her staff into the air and yelling "Chaos!" I was blinded by a supernova explosion, and when I could see again, Blackout was encased in a glittery sphere. Galaxy helped me up, and I dusted myself.

"Can we go out into the light?" I asked her. "The darkness is blinding me." She nodded and went through the wall with the cage. I followed. It took my eyes a minute to adjust. When they did, I noticed myself in a grassy field. Galaxy was sitting down criss-cross applesauce, her cage hovering a few feet away from her. She looked at me, patted the area in front of her, and I sat down, both of us waiting for the others to arrive.

~*~*~

Leo's POV

Me and Percy were walking by the school when a delicious smell started tickling my nose. I squinted to see where it was coming from, but my flames were not lightening it. I blazed them a little bit more and saw that it was coming from a bakery. I wondered how they were able to bake when there was total darkness, but then I realised that Blackout hadn't gone inside, and so there was still light there. Weird.

I poked Percy on the shoulder and pointed over to it. His face lit up. "I am really craving a croissant." I told him.

"Me too." He replied. We started towards it and had just reached the door when a huge BOOM! shook the air. I sighed and turned around. There it was. A supernova explosion.

This meant that Galaxy and Annabeth had managed to capture Blackout and were undoubtedly waiting for us. This indirectly meant..... No croissant. Seeing my crestfallen face, Percy kept a hand on my shoulder. "Don't be unhappy." He told me. "I will give you a bakery party after all this is over." He smiled. "After all, I also want one. with blue food of course." We both laughed, my spirits lifting again. We started off towards the direction of the supernova.

****

When we reached there, the Ladybug girl and Cat boy were already there. (Aphrodite had explained to us who they were, but I was distracted. Annabeth had done so too, but I wasn't listening.) I noticed their gaze was directed on something on my right. I turned towards there and almost had a heart attack. There was a huge sphere of some magical glittery substance hovering only a few feet away from Galaxy. An undulating figure was moving inside it, and even though it was in a cage made of pure light, it still managed to be the blackest thing I had ever seen. "What's that?" I asked Galaxy, walking over to the place where everyone was sitting.

"That's Blackout. I have managed to get him, but I can't purify him. We will need you for that."

"Why can't you purify him?" I asked her.

"I don't have strong enough emotions. Hawkmoth preys on his victims using their emotions, and that's how we can defeat him too."

I chuckled lightly. "Your anger's plenty strong."

She laughed lightly too. "Yeah, but I need positive emotion. Plus, you're the only one with the magical flames."

"Aye aye captain. What is the plan?"

I will dissolve the cage and he will come rolling out. And then you will light him up. Got it?"

"But Galaxy-" Chat Noir interrupted, but she shut him off with a glare.

"Ready?" She asked me. I looked at the figure in the sphere and shuddered. "He looks like Clytius."

Galaxy blinked at it. "Indeed he does. But-" She shot me a sideways smirk. "The good thing is, that this one doesn't require Hecate's magical torches to be vanquished. Now, ready or not, here it comes!" She swung her staff in a wide arch, and the sphere vanished. Blackout somersaulted when he hit the ground, and then stood up growling. I stared at him. Slowly lifting my hand, I willed a ball of flames to erupt in my palm. I was too full of adrenaline to even register the shocked faces of Ladybug and Chat Noir. I hissed and charged. Blackout did too. When we were about to meet halfway, I swung my arm and slammed it against Blackout. Time stretched. The next thing I knew, a figure was crouching in front of me.

Ladybug and Chat Noir rushed over. Ladybug pulled a wristband off him and threw it in the air, just as Chat Noir yelled "Cataclysm!"

I watched in fascination as a ball of black energy erupted in his palm. He caught the bracelet, and then it floated down in a pile of ashes. A black butterfly flew out of it, and Ladybug caught it in her yoyo. When I could see it again, it had turned white. She and Chat Noir fist-bumped. "Pound it!"

She and him made their way towards us. Immediately, Ladybug wheeled onto us. "Who are you guys? What are you doing here? What was that? What-" She faltered to a stop. Just then, I noticed something from the corner of my eye. Did Galaxy just snap her fingers? Suddenly- 'Beep Beep!' Ladybug's and Chat Noir's miraculouses beeped simultaneously. Ladybug sighed. "I have to go, but next time, I want answers." She swung away, and Galaxy turned to us. "Phew, that was close." Her lips then formed a grin. "Come on, let me treat you to the best baked goods in Paris."

(A/N)

Vote and Comment!