How It All Began (Part 2)*

Percy's POV

Me and Annabeth were having a great day at the beach until she showed up.

Aphrodite.

I knew right then that she was going to send us on a quest. I was tired of finding her magic pink cosmetics. Hadn't she heard of a cupboard? Or a lock? That would probably keep them from getting lost or stolen.

But what occurred was something I wouldn't have dreamt of even in my wildest dreams.

Let's rewind to today morning, 10 am, when me and Annabeth were getting ready for an epic day at the beach. We had packed a picnic and a blanket, and were heading down to the beach.

By 12 o'clock, we had swum in the sea for a good 60 minutes, eaten our picnic, and were half- an- hour into our sandcastle- making contest. I hate to admit it, but Annabeth's was better than mine. It actually looked like a sandcastle (It was probably because of her architectural skills), whereas mine looked like a pile of wet sand (probably because it was a pile of wet sand).

Suddenly there was a pink flash, the strong smell of perfume blasted into existence, and Aphrodite stepped out from the explosion, knocking my castle (pile of wet sand) over. "Hey!" I complained. My castle was just a pile of wet sand, but it was a very precious pile of wet sand, on which I had spent a lot of time and effort on. Aphrodite didn't even have the decency to look ruffled. She just brushed the sand off her dress and......

"My heroes!" Aphrodite spread her arms. Me and Annabeth leaned away from her. "I have a quest for you."

"Does it include having to go and find your magic pink hairbrush again?" Annabeth asked.

"Sadly, no." Aphrodite's tone changed dramatically. "This time I will be sending you far away. Another country, in fact. You will be going to Paris, the city of love!" She spread her arms again, and this time me and Annabeth ducked to avoid it.

"What?!" We said in unison from the floor.

"Yeeeesss!" Aphrodite squealed, and then composed herself. "Ahem, Ahem." She cleared her throat. "I need all seven of you here, right now." She said in a stern voice, but was unable to hide the undertone of glee from it.

"But, your majesty," Annabeth and me got up from the ground and dusted ourselves. "Piper, Jason, Frank and Hazel are at Camp Jupiter right now." Annabeth pointed out.

"Eh? Well that's a shame. Don't worry, I will debrief them later. For now, just call the last person who is here." She clapped her hands, and Leo emerged with a flash of pink light, still with his visor on, and his welding torch plugged to nothing.

"What's happening?" he pulled up his visor and looked around in confusion.

"You are going to Paris, honey." Aphrodite replied to his question.

"What?!" His head snapped up to her. She chuckled lightly. "Yes."

"Why?" Leo asked. We looked at the goddess. "Well, you all had been working so hard, so we felt you should get a break." We all narrowed our eyes at her. She sighed.

"Fine. There is trouble in Paris and they need your help." Annabeth gasped. "Hawkmoth?" She asked.

"Do you follow the Ladyblog Annabeth?" Aphrodite asked her. She nodded. "Yes Annabeth. He is getting stronger. And Ladybug and Cat Noir need your help."

"Yes sure. We will go right away." Annabeth replied instantly. "We will?" I asked her. She glared me down. "Good. now let's talk logistics, shall we?"

****

By 2:00, we were ready. Aphrodite had told us everything we needed to know. She told us (mostly me and Leo) who Ladybug and Cat noir were, who Hawkmoth was, and what we needed to do. She told us that we would be going to Françoise Dupont High School, where Ladybug's and Chat Noir's civilian forms went. She warned us to be careful, as they did not know each other's identities. She also told us that we would be staying at Le Grand Paris hotel, the most luxurious hotel in Paris which was owned by the mayor, André Bourgeois.

She also had been nice enough to put some translation magic on us, so if we spoke English, the Parisians would hear French, and if they spoke French, we would hear it as English. I was nervous, as we had to go by air, and air travel was dangerous for me, but Aphrodite assured me that she had talked to Zeus about not blowing me out of the sky. It reassured me a little bit. It was a 7- hour journey, so I packed my panda pillow and a jar of blue cookies with me. By 2:30, everything was packed into the van (with a little difficulty due to Leo's various knick-knacks) and we were seated, off to the airport to catch a flight to Paris.

(A/N)

Vote and Comment!