Ambi: The Christmas Competition

(A/N: Yeah, it's time for Andi Mack holiday one shots. A Christmas/Hanukkah Tyrus one shot is coming soon!!)

***

Our families have been having an unspoken Christmas decoration competition every year since you moved here, and now I've finally met my rival...

***

December is the best month of the year, and Amber Kippen knows this. The twinkling lights, the joyful holiday music, buying gifts for people, the buzzing malls, warm peppermint mochas from Starbucks...the list goes on. Amber was currently at the mall, picking out a cute outfit for Christmas Eve dinner. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a glimmer of green. Walking over to the source, she picked up a short, emerald green sweater dress and looked it over carefully.

"That would look really, really pretty on you."

Amber looked up to meet the source of the voice, and her baby blue eyes met dark chocolate ones. A girl with a brunette pixie cut and a toothy smile was looking at Amber, nodding her approval of the dress.

"You think?" Amber asked breathlessly in response.

"No; I know," the girl responded. "I'm Andi, by the way. Sorry for intervening, I just couldn't help but notice that the shade of green really brought out your...everything."

Amber giggled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "I'm Amber. It's really, really nice to meet you, Andi."

The two girls shook hands with a smile, and Amber could've sworn she felt a spark of electricity go off. Must have been static from the dress, she thought to herself.

"What's the occasion for the pretty dress?" Andi asked as she sorted through the racks of clothes herself.

"Oh, it's for Christmas Eve dinner. My family makes a pretty big deal of Christmas."

"Mine does, too," Andi laughed in response. "I love Christmastime. The weather, the snow, the music, the spirit, the...love."

Amber felt her breath catch in her throat at that last part. "Yeah, Christmastime is the best. Too bad I'm single and can't share it with anyone." Andi laughed at Amber's comment and shook her head. "I'm sure there's lots of guys lining up for a winter romance with you."

Amber snorted and waved Andi off. "Yeah, unfortunately, there are. Too bad there aren't any girls lining up for the same thing; I'm only interested in them."

Andi's eyes widened as she realized her assumption. "Oh, I had no right to assume anything. I'm so, so sorry-"

"Don't worry about it, Andi," Amber murmured. "I'm used to it."

"If it makes you feel any better, people tend to assume the same about me," Andi stammered.

"They assume that you're into girls, or...?"

"No, they assume that I'm not into girls, but they're very wrong," Andi finished. "I'm pan."

"Oh, that's really great!" Amber gushed. "Maybe you could be my winter romance. I mean, if you're open to that, of course..."

"That sounds nice," Andi began. "Maybe we could even be more than a winter romance."

*** 2 CHRISTMASES LATER ***

2 years had passed since Amber and Andi first met at the mall on that fateful day, but nothing much had ever become of it. Sure, they texted here and there, but Andi attended a fine arts high school and Amber attended Grant High. What both girls didn't know and were about to find out might surprise you...