The Secret

Stephens POV

The ride home was silent except for the running of the vehicle. I knew Micah was both angry and confused, but he was acting like a brat. Once we were in the house, I made the tea and when I offered it to him, he slapped it out of my hand. The cup hit the wall and shattered. "That was uncalled for."

"I don't want any tea, and I don't want to go to sleep. I need to know my wife is safe, and I need answers."

I could see from the way he was moving, Micah was still very sore and hurting from being knocked against the wall. Glancing at him sternly, I wanted to spank him but he was already hurt. As I cleaned up his mess, I said, "What's the point of staying awake. There's nothing you can do right now."

"I want to know what you're keeping from me. Why did you act so strangely when I made the comment I wasn't a Lycan?"

I sighed deeply. "Okay sit down, Micah."

Hesitating, and glaring at me, he sat on the couch.

"This is going to rock your world which is why I wanted to wait until you were more prepared, but since you won't listen to me, here goes..." I paused for a long moment and then said, "You are Lycan."

"What the Fuck! That's not possible! How could this be? I've never changed into a wolf." His eyes were wide with both fear and confusion.

"No you haven't, but sometimes there are things that can keep the change from occurring; trauma, amnesia, a spell, fear or no guidance or a combination of those things. When you first came into my classroom, I knew then you were Lycan. We have a distinct scent. Humans aren't going to notice, but I'm sure if you think about it, you'll realize that you are different from others in some ways."

Micah had a distant look in his eyes and looked away. "Usually a boy has his first change during puberty or not long after. Often it comes with dreams, an erection, or a strong emotion. The cubs that have had blocks sometimes go through a change not long after they learn the truth. It's as if they just need some urging to make the change."

Micah looked pained. "How could it be? Isn't it inherited? My parents weren't Lycans. I'm sure they would have told me."

I blew some breath out. "I did a little research into your family. This is going to be another shock since you weren't told this." He paused again. "You were adopted."

"Jesus Christ," Micah swore softly. "I always had a feeling about that, but yeah that hurts. "Do you know what happened to my true parents?"

"They were killed by vampires. These vampires were also baby sellers. Your parents adopted you through the black market because they weren't able to have kids and the wait for a baby through legal means was very long. They had the money and didn't want to wait."

"Jesus vampires too," he rubbed his temples.

"Yeah they killed the whole pack," I said clenching my fist. "No, I don't know who they are but if I ever find out I'll kill them."

Micah started to cry with his face in his hands. "Good God! I'm getting these flashes of memory." I took him in my arms, soothing and rocking him. "It's going to be alright." I held him tight and he cried for a long time. It seemed like a long time before he said, "I'll take the tea now. I need to sleep for a while. I want to."

"Okay," I said and gently lifted him so I could get up. I went back to the kitchen and made the tea again, escorting him to the bedroom where he sat in bed and drank.

"This is just too much," He said emotionally and shook his head. "I don't know if I can handle this."

Part of me wanted to say, I told you so but I didn't. Rubbing his shoulder. "You will get through it. I will help you." I wanted to kiss him but I held back.