The Change

Micah's POV

I drove Kimmie to the pharmacy for some pain meds and then to the house. Walking her into the house that used to be partly mine, I stood by the door shifting my feet around. We drove in mostly silence except for a bit of small talk up until now. "Kimmie, I need to..."

She interrupted me, "Micah I don't want you to go. I know it's my fault you left in the first place. I don't think you've been fooling around, and I know I've been too much of a bitch to you. Will you please forgive me? I'm scared to death to stay here alone right now."

I nodded, not sure how to tell her that her life was in danger or even if she would believe it. However, I had promised Stephan to keep my mouth shut. "Ye, I'll stay but we have a lot we need to work out," I said instead.

She came over to me and started to wrap her arms around me, but then grimaced in pain. Leading her to the bedroom, I helped her get undressed and fetched her a cup of water. I gave her a pain pill which she took and laid down. Pulling the cover over her, I said, "If you need anything call for me. I'll be sleeping on the couch."

Putting her fingers around my wrist. "Why Micah? Please stay with me and hold me till I go to sleep."

Stiffening, I wasn't sure what to say. A thought of Stephen came to my mind, but I pushed it away. I knew that I didn't love her anymore and didn't want to lay with her. However, I nodded, undressing down to my briefs and laying down, holding her in my arms. When I closed my eyes, I imagined holding Stephen and felt him kiss my earlobe. I opened them and Kimmie giving me a soft smile. "Everything is going to be alright," she said softly closing her eyes as she became drowsy.

Stephens POV

Pacing back and forth at home. I could feel my inner wolf right near the surface. Somehow, I kept him reined in. My muscles were taut, with every sound and scent having me on edge as I waited for his call. Finally, my phone rang. It was Lucas. "Is everything set?"

"Yes, the cams are hidden and in place."

"We have to get over there and in position." My voice was tight.

"I think you should let us take care of this. You sound like your ready to lose control," he warned me.

We were both Alpha's of our packs, but he was my older brother which gave him some authority over me. Still, I wasn't about to let him keep me out of this. Very tightly, but still in control, I said, "Micah is my mate. I will not stand down on this."

He sighed. "Okay, but I am in charge. Do you understand me?"

"Yes I understand," I agreed reluctantly.

"Meet me at the corner of his street. There's a small park then and it's not in the view of most of the houses in town. I'll be in my car with Trix. I have some others in my pack scattered nearby and hidden. Others, I have on the lookout for Bryan, but most likely he's off the grid and will be difficult to find. Max hasn't heard from him for years, in fact since the last time you saw him."

"I'll be there," I said and hung up. It didn't take long for me to drive there and got in the back seat by Lucas. There was another driver up front and Trix was sitting further in the back doing stuff on her laptop. He had the screen set up in his van and was watching Micah and Kimmie sleeping. Clenching my fist, I couldn't believe he was sleeping with her after the way she had treated him. Getting a stern look from Lucas, I calmed myself. "I'm okay."

"She might not change tonight," he warned me. "Sometimes it takes up to 48 hours."

"Maybe we should just take her out before she has a chance to..."

Lucas interrupted me, "Would Micah ever forgive you for that? Also, don't forget she is Bryan's new creation. She will be part of Bryans pack. Most likely, he will be nearby, hiding, waiting for her to do what he created her for. He may go in and assist her."

The thought of Bryan having a pack made me cringe. Has he created other abominations? The thought of it almost made me nauseated. "Do you think there's more?"

"I don't know but there could be. Maybe he's been planning something like this for a long time? Or maybe he just saw an opportunity to get revenge, and this is the only Mutt he created. We should be on the lookout for more though." Lucas sipped some coffee. "This is gonna be a long night."

Sighing, I sat back in my seat. Trix gave me a comforting look and handed me some coffee. "Thanks," I grunted taking a drink and watching Micah tossing and turning. I wondered what he was dreaming about.

Micah's POV

I was having bad dreams and couldn't sleep very well. Finally, I was lying there trying to decide if I should get up when I felt the bed move. Kimmie had gotten up and gone into the bathroom. A few minutes later, I turned and saw her come out with a dark angry look on her face. She had a razor blade in her hand. Sitting up with a jerk. "What are you doing?"

"You slept with a man!" She accused, and her voice was ugly and dark sounding.

"What are you talking about?"

She was slowly coming closer and closer to me. "He told me. He told me how this man, this professor wants you and has taken your body and soul. He told me you slept with him."

I got off the bed, backing away against the wall. "No, I didn't sleep with him. Who is telling you this?" Shaking, I wondered how she was hearing these things because there were bits of truth in what she was saying.

Pausing for a second, she looked confused. "I don't know, but I keep hearing his voice. "Is it true? Is it true?"

"Whose voice? I never slept with him."

"You want to though. I can see it all over your face!" She screamed at me. Her veins were starting to pop out of her neck.

My eyes were large with terror, knowing this was the beginning of the change Stephen had told me about. God, I didn't want him to be right. "No somethings wrong Kimmie. We should call 911."

"Nothings wrong with me! Something is wrong with you for wanting a man over me, your wife!" She screamed and was climbing over the bed. I darted away and she swiped at me, nicking my arm, drawing blood. I rushed towards the front door. Before getting there, l saw her purse and remembering that she had a handgun in there, I grabbed it, reaching in and pulling it out. Aiming it just as she was coming towards me which stopped her dead in her tracks. Could I shoot her?

She moaned suddenly as if in terrible pain and then started to cry. "It hurts, Micah! It hurts! Please help me!"

God help me as I wanted to put the gun down and do something for her. But what could I do? The helplessness of this whole situation was gut-wrenching. I was trying to decide when her body began to shimmer and slowly change. Howling with agony as her very bones began to change. Backing away slowly as she became this creature I couldn't recognize. It was a very large brownish hairy creature with fangs dripping saliva and her hands had become elongated with sharp claws. It didn't resemble Kimmie at all except for its brown eyes which I could see were hers. Raising the gun higher and straightening my arms. "Stay back!"

Stephens POV

Drinking more coffee to stay sharp when I felt drowsiness trying to creep in. All of a sudden, I saw the wife walk out of the bathroom holding a razor blade.

"Oh crap!" Lucas said beside me opening his door. "Let's change and go in."

After practically ripping off my clothing, Trix says, "Um we got company."

Looking around through the windows, I could see gloving in the dark several glowing eyes of wolves surrounding us. As they came closer, I knew they were part of our packs. Their fangs were bared, were growling preparing to attack. Our forms shimmered as we changed into our wolves and packmates that had been hidden came to help. I realized with a stab in my gut that I would not be able to help Micah for the moment. He was on his own unless somehow they could be distracted. "Damn it all," I swore as they attacked.  

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  If you did please vote or/and comment.  Any constructive criticism is appreciated.  Sorry, this chapter took a bit longer as I had gotten a bit busy and was having a bit of writer's block.