Glowing Eyes

Chapter One

Sitting in my comfy chair in my personal den, I had finished my studies for the night and was playing a character on a virtual online world. Characters were called Avatars and mine was this big shot called Franco. He ran a night club where all kinds of kinky sex was happening. Most of the sexual acts that I took part in online, I hadn't actually done in rl. It was an escape from my home life that I had somehow trapped myself in. Because I was so entranced into the game, I didn't hear my wife pull into the driveway or even walk into the door. I was right in the middle of some hot kinky sex VR style when my wife, Kimmie came right in behind me. She didn't know about my VR avatars life, although she knew I played a lot of games. She was always bitching about it. Mainly, because it was so time consuming, especially with my already heavy college studies.

Before I could even respond, I heard her screaming and hitting me in the head. Holding my arms in front of face, I tried to shield myself but she still managed to get me good. "How dare you!" She screamed at me over and over, not giving me a chance to explain. Not that there was really an explanation. She paused in her attack and I lowered my arms to try and explain and she slapped my face twice hard. Grabbing her arms, I yelled, "Stop it! You have no right to hit me like this." However, this wasn't the first time.

"I can't believe your doing this after all I've done for you!" She screamed at me and yanked her arms away from me. It was surprising how strong she could be, but then she was almost 6 feet which was about as tall as me. I liked strong women but I hadn't counted on this.

"It's just a game," I tried to defend.

Her answer was a hard blow to my stomach. Kimmie had taken karate classes in the past and could be quite the fighter. Grunting, I bent over, my breath was taken away by the punch. She then began throwing things. "I want you out of my house! It's over! I want you out tonight!"

I felt something hard hit me in the shoulder and felt like it drew blood. I was still heaving from the punch. Pausing from her onslaught, she stood there glaring at me. "I'm leaving and I want you out by the time I get home or so help me, I'll kill you." Slowly, she pulled a handgun out of her purse.

My mouth dropped open. Had she been planning to shoot me. "Why?"

"Do you have to ask with the filth you were doing when I came in?"

I didn't think it was that bad and it was just VR stuff, but I didn't say this. Dumbly, I was just shaking my head.

"Alright, I think you've been using me for a long time now. So, I have no proof your actually screwing around, but you have been ignoring me for a long time. It's as if I didn't exist to you." She actually started to tear up then. "Why don't you love me anymore?"

I sat on the couch dabbing at my blood with a kleenex, trying to think back to when things went wrong. It was probably about a year into our relationship and we weren't married yet. We were both living at college. At first things were awesome. We spent our nights either at her dorm or mine. Our roommates didn't care as they were usually off with their significant other or partying most of the night, especially on the weekends. Suddenly, one day Kimmie had announced that she was quitting college. Her father was retiring, and she was offered an excellent position in the business. She was told it didn't matter if she graduated, and that if she ever wanted to go back the business would pay her way. She jumped at the offer and suggested marriage to me, saying she would pay for everything. We went to the justice of the peace not wanting a large affair or any complaints from our families. It was after that when she started becoming bossy, controlling, and physically abusive. Also, I couldn't bring myself to hit her back. I had been brought up very strictly, and knew it would land me in jail. Once, I called 911 even though it would be humiliating as a man. I hadn't touched her but I had bruises and scratches on me to prove she had been beating me. She told the police I had attacked her. Yes, she lied and they believed her even though there wasn't a bruise on her. After they asked if she wanted to press charges, she shook her head. "No, I can't do that." Then the cops all glared at me and gave me a warning before they left. I never called 911 again. Now, I just said to her, "Things have been bad awhile Kimmie. I can't love somebody who hits me."