The Mating

Micah's POV

We changed into our wolves and started a slow run back towards Stephen's house. My heart felt light and also anxious. Everything that was happening was new and would be different now. I was slowly getting used to the idea of being Lycan. Not only that but that I loved Stephen and wanted him. My wolf instinct was kicking in and I began to rub against him and nipping him and nudging him with my nose. Stephen ran stoically seeming to ignore my advances. Cocking my head at him and thinking what the hell. I knew he wanted me. He'd been letting me know that in little ways since all this began. I little too sharply, I bit his ass and grinned at him.

He turned and came at me pushing me on the ground and then stepping back, growling lightly.

I jumped back up. *What the hell?*

Stephen remained quiet, and I started to wonder if maybe I lost Stephen somewhere and picked up a stray wolf. It sure looked like though and I felt his presence. Staring at him. *What's going on?*

Instead of answering, he kept growling at me and slowly approaching like he was gonna kick my ass. Deep inside, I knew he could do that easily. Shit, he could kill me if he really wanted to. Was he angry about something? How was I supposed to know if he didn't tell me? My wolf instinct was telling me to lower my head in submission. He was Alpha. Something inside me bulked though. I had been controlled and beaten by my wife, and she had wanted to kill me. Instead of doing what I knew I should do, I growled back showing my teeth which is the wolfy way of saying 'fuck you.'

Then things got nasty. Stephens wolf came at me growling, snarling with his mouth wide open. He gave me a sharp bite. It wasn't sharp enough to draw blood, but it hurt. I snapped intending on biting him back and he dodged. We were into it now, fighting each other although I wasn't hurting him much. Instinctively, I knew he wasn't trying to kill me. He could do that easily. He was pushing and clawing me though, giving me sharp nips. Finally, I backed off feeling tears in my eyes and wanting to run. That would be a choice though. There were only 2 choices here. Run and forget about Stephen or submit. After a long silent battle of us staring at each other, I went forward lowering my head and tucking my tail between my legs. Stephen came forward, his head and tail high. He began licking and nuzzling against me. Lifting my head, I gave his muzzle a lick and he licked back. We nuzzled like that for a few moments, and then Stephen changed to his human form. He was completely naked. I wasn't sure how it happened, but when we changed to our human selves our clothes naturally came with us. I changed to my human form and still had my clothing on. My eyes were a bit teary.

Stephen held me. "Oh Micah, I am so happy you have chosen to be mine. I know you're confused but I had to compel you to submit. You were challenging my dominance. In Lycan packs, there is no such thing as democracy I'm afraid. This is also true of relationships in the pack."

"Am I taking a female role then?" I asked sniffling just a bit.

"Normally yes. You will be Luna and also second to my small pack. Lycans have evolved a bit differently than actual wolves. Sometimes females do the challenge and become alpha, not only in relationships but sometimes of a pack. It is rare but it happens. If you would have beaten me, you would become Alpha of my pack and over me."

"I couldn't beat you if I wanted to. So it is always strength that decides this? That seems a bit barbaric. I know we change to animals but we have intelligence. The strongest isn't always the best leader."

"Yes you are right and so a good pack leader gets an advisor who has wisdom. Unfortunately, not all packs are very smart or good though. There are often feuds between us. This way of life is instinctive and part of us. One thing that is different between Lycan wolf packs and actual wolf packs is that mating is allowed within the pack. With wolves, only the Alpha mates. Lycans tend to look for soul mates and they are usually perfect for each other, meaning that one is dominant and one is submissive. Stephen lifted my chin lightly with his hand. "I feel you are submissive Micah. Tell me this is not true?"