Chapter 27 (Sasha)

Start from the beginning

The room is clearly bugged, I need to be careful. The agents weren't even trying to be sneaky. They just barged into my things.

I go to my closet, a walk-in closet of course, and pick out some black leggings, a tight black long-sleeved crop top, some black combat boots, and my black leather jacket. Cliche, I know. At least I'm not wearing a mask. It'll give those losers something pretty to look at as I'm turning their lives around.

I grab two hair elastics and a black scrunchie.

What? I may be infiltrating Witness Protection HQ, but that doesn't mean I need to look like a hobo doing it.

Back in the foyer, I regroup with my parents. They've both changed into something more comfortable. The three of us sneak out of the house.

Thirty minutes later we finally arrive at witness protection.

Coming in is like a slow-motion action movie. We go in right through the front door. As soon as we get there, the guards start pointing their guns at us. Oh well, we did expect it. My father shoots the guards, not to kill them, just to knock them out.

I grab one of their access cards as we leave them.

With the help of that card, my parents and I can easily get through the door of the building.

"Sasha, we're leaving you to take care of this mess that you created. I need to disable the cameras. Your father is going to deal with the communications tower. Join him when you are finished." My mother tells me and turns on her heel. No "good luck" or anything. It's not like I'm her only daughter. Note the sarcasm.

As I'm walking the hallways, I manage to grab a few agents and get them to talk. Clearly, they aren't field agents, or else they would have been dead a long time ago. Getting info out of them was like taking candy from a baby.

"Meeting room 4. He's there!" The first agent I pointed a gun at told me.

"Thanks," I told him and winked at him. He fainted immediately. Yep, definitely not a field agent.

As I approached meeting room  4, I saw that there were 2 guards posted by the door. Just before I was able to make my move, my mother radioed in and told me that the cameras were officially disabled and were now on a loop. Oh well, at least that's one less thing for me to have to worry about.

I knock out the two men guarding the door. I catch them before they hit the ground, so they don't make noise as they drop to the ground.

It's the only moment I've ever been grateful that my parents made sure that I took weightlifting training classes. These men weigh like 200 pounds apiece. And that's not counting all the stupidly heavy weaponry and armour.

I open the door, and before anyone inside has the chance to react, I throw a sleeping gas filled bomb and lock the door.

Within 3 minutes I hear every single person in that room drop to the ground.

"Mother, they're all out. I suggest you send someone to help me move them somewhere more secure, with less technology." I radio my mother. She's the unofficial head of this entire operation, for obvious reasons. Everyone's terrified of her and no one would ever dare question her orders. Even my father and they've been married for 2 years.

Very soon, I see men that work for us come up to me, and we hauled everyone that was in the meeting room.

It was the first time I managed to get a clear look at all the people that were in that meeting room.

There was Ryan, and his parents but not his hellish sister, there were a bunch of random agents and the two people who presented themselves as Blakes parents at graduation. If they really are his parents, then I guess just like me and my family, this is a family business. Finally, there are the two that are Cara's parents. Well, adoptive parents. I don't exactly know who they are. I never really bothered to check.

The men and I gather up our hostages and we place them in the grand ballroom. Why in the world do they need a room like that at a Witness Protection Headquarters? Anyway, it was the room we had agreed to bring the hostages once we got them. There were others all over the building taking agents. Except all the others are grown men and are in groups of three or four, and I'm a teenage girl going solo.

Fun.

"Baby girl, it's time to announce our plan to those pesky agents. Today's the day we finally get rid of that bitch Carolina York." My mother comes up behind me and says with her glorious smile.

******************************

First Published November 24th, 2019

Hey guys!

I hope you guys all enjoy this chapter and consider giving it a vote and a comment.

While the next chapter is written, I am hoping it'll be up by next week. I just found out one of my very long essays is due in like 5 days (it was supposed to be due in like 4 weeks) and I'm going to be dedicating my time to that. And I'm not the type of person to be able to do anything last minute. Like at all. That's why I like to have at least one pre-written chapter at all times.

Anyways, pray for me.

Happy reading!

Dani💙