Chapter 8: Eternal Problem

*Mary's POV*

As the night became day me and Evie stepped out of the center and into the sunlight, feeling refreshed I turn to Evie and pull her along. It was my turn to be the hyper one.

Starly was sent out to get some air as well since the last battle was rough at the Windworks so it was good for it to do so. Celebi jumped out her Pokeball on her own which surprised us both, flying around and stuff like that.

I giggled as we came back up to Route 205 where we'd been yesterday and went up to the bridge that had been blocked before we came up here earlier. Although before we were able to cross the man from Valley Windworks came out and walked up to us.

"If you kids are heading out be careful I've heard that Eterna Forest has been having trouble going on inside." he told us before allowing us to go ahead across the bridge.

Walking across the bridge the breeze from Eterna Forest hit me straight on and hit me in the face. It hadn't affected neither me nor Evie, Celebi was a different story. It seemed give the tiny creature more strength, maybe Evie was right and she did sync with the regional forest energy, and this is the largest concentration of that power so.

The fairy smiled as it looped around while we ran through the grass, it was only a matter of time before we reached the city at the end, but I can't wait to get under the trees. Wasn't long before we were half way across the rocky plateau that served as the final trek to the treeline.

"It's getting hot out here in the sun, let's get under the trees." Evie whined quietly which also got Celebi smiling with her giant puffy blue eyes.

"Okay than I'll give you your wish, and apparently Celebi's as well." I told them with my golden eyes sparkling in the light, which made me have to shield them from the glare.

Quickly we both ran over to the shade that the trees gave. I hit the closest tree and looked back at the road before and saw a rare sight, Evie was walking up to the same tree looking exhausted.

"Couldn't keep up?" I asked unintentionally gloating a bit. The girl didn't answer till she came over to the tree and held onto the bark.

"It's not my fault that I'm so hot." she cutely whined. I love when she does that, makes me want to hug her.

"Don't worry we'll relax in a forest clearing inside." I told her giggling and patting her back.

Pulling her along with me I led her into the trees that surrounding the corner of the route we were on. Honestly it felt great with the shade.

Celebi flew over to a felled tree stump and sat on it to relax. Taking my bag off my shoulder I laid it softly on the grass so I wouldn't break anything. After I went and sat next to the same tree stump as the grass-type.

"You good Celebi?" I question and the little thing nods as it lays on its back.

Looking back to where I put my bag Evie had her Pokeballs in hand and was letting out Starly and Turtwig, the Bidoof that she had on her she had put in the PC before we left. Shinx was letting the turtle lay on his back when they laid on their belly, it was nice to see and I'm still surprised that the cub has been with us for this long considering it still isn't caught.

Remembering that I forgot about that I sent out Pipulp and told them to go have fun for the moment. I was taking my shoes off while looking at Celebi with her hands behind her head, probably trying to preform photosynthesis with the way her antenna were slicked back on her head.

The forest was calm for the moment so I feel like the man was wrong, but anything can happen when we're resting. The trees casting shadows and patches of light made the place more serene and magical almost. Time seemingly stands still in this place we could stay here forever and not notice anything outside.