Chapter 5: Rumors

*Mary's POV*

I woke up to the feeling of Celebi beating on my arm and the low whining sound she was making. Looking down at the fairy there were tears in her eyes for some reason.

"Celebi you okay?" I asked wiping the water from their eyes. She shook her head around looking like she had a nightmare.

Putting her down on the bed I turned in my seat and looked at the clock on my watch. It was 8 o' clock in the morning at the moment so I got up from my bed and walked over to Evie. Grabbing a pillow next to her head I pulled it out as to not wake her.

At that moment the little Pokémon had noticed and flew over. Extending its arms out, it was trying to ask for the pillow. Holding it up to her she grabbed it and plummeted to the floor for a second before coming back up.

"Whoa you alright there? You almost fell to the floor." I asked worried but Celebi gave a soft nod to signal that she was fine. The little thing hovered over Evie's head and hit her in the face with the pillow and hit her square in the face with it.

Immediately Evie opened her eyes and sat up. Celebi dropped the pillow on the floor while she was recovering as to try not to be blamed for it.

"Mary! why'd you do that?" Evie whined still half asleep trying to get out of bed. I objected to it and pointed at Celebi trying to put the blame on her when it was the truth.

She looked at me than the grass-type and back before saying anything.

"I'm not stupid anymore Mary. Celebi is young so it'd be hard to for it to even carry a pillow." she answered as she grabbed her stuff off the floor and put her watch on.

I did the same and grabbed my backpack and Pokeballs before we both left the room. Before we left however I asked Nurse Joy to heal our Pokémon since this is one of the only places that doesn't have a self-healer.

When she gave me back Celebi and Pipulp's Pokeballs the both of us agreed to go to the gate and meet up with the Shinx that we met yesterday. Thanking her for the service we left the center and headed down to the gate. It didn't take long for us to reach the gate that served as a border between Oreburgh and Jubilife.

"Okay let's go see the little guy." Evie said happily entering the small cave. The Shinx was just napping with its tail under the head. It woke up at the sound of our footsteps echoing off the stone walls as we approach the stalagmites that blocked our path prior.

"Hello buddy. We got the HM we can get through now!" she cheered happy about her victory the day before. Shinx smiled and looked up at us, but when they did their eyes fell on Celebi and immediately recognized her. For a moment he looked at us confused as to why Celebi was with us.

"Oh you noticed Celebi. Don't worry she won't hurt you their only a baby." I explained calmly and the little guy understood. "Alright let me get out my Bidoof so we can break the stalagmites." she said getting out a Pokeball. I guess she did catch another Pokémon as a backup after all. She is stubborn as if I'm not also guilty of that trait.

As Evie was getting her copy of Rock Smash out of her bag a sound of annoyance came from Shinx. I quickly glanced over to the Pokémon who looked angry and before I knew it he broke the road blocks with he's own Rock Smash. Evie, half surprised by what just happened slowly put back what she had gotten out only a minute ago.

Standing up we walked up to the Shinx and I lifted it up. "Well thanks little one. That was a big help." I tell it and it sticks its tongue out and licked my cheek before I was able to put down.

As soon as the legs hit the ground Shinx bounded toward the stairs on the other end off the hallway. Me and Evie ran over to the Pokémon's position by the stairs and followed it down to the basement level of the Oreburgh Gate.