Chapter 2: Moving Grass

*Evie's POV*

Route 201 wasn't hard to get through now that I have a Pokémon. Turtwig is strong even at it's starting level.

Once I got out of all the tall grass for the route I momentarily returned Turtwig back to his Pokeball. The lake front was just around the corner so doing this was a good idea after all.

I went over the path to the lake and looked out over it.

It's still as beautiful as it was this morning. The island still made me want to try to swim over there but Mesprit wouldn't like it and toss me out.

Putting down my bag I pull out my Pokedex and lay on the grass. I pull the food case out from my bag and get up.

"Mesprit can you out please?" I call out over the water. There wasn't any response at first so I called again.

"Mesprit come on I want to see you. I have poffens for you." I call again shaking the container.

On that call I felt the wind pick up and blow over the lake. It seemed to form the outline of the guardian before vanishing into thin air and bubbles started to emerge from underneath the water.

Naturally I'm intrigued and go down to near the surface of the water trying my best to not fall into the lake itself. All was still for the most part until Mesprit's head peeked its head out of the water which sent me spiraling backward.

Mesprit put her hands to her mouth and started to laugh. I had fallen onto my butt and was trying to get to my feet.

"Woah you surprised me." I said getting to my feet and walking over to the guardian's head that's bobbing on the water.

I grabbed my food container and put a poffen in her mouth because it wasn't going to move until I did. Quickly while that was happening I reached over to where my Pokedex was and grabbed it.

I pointed it at Mesprit's head and it registered them in the dex.

"Haha I tricked a legendary Pokémon with messing up." I said celebrating excitedly as Mesprit started to look at me.

Despite the possible consequences of doing it I pulled the thing out of the water enough that I could hug her. I could tell that the thought came to mind but instead she just went with it. The gem on her head even glowed a normal red along with the ones on the tails and everything.

After what felt like an hour I let her go. The Pokémon floats up in the air and gives a smile.

"Since you did what I asked without trouble here you go." I said holding another poffen up for her to grab.

Mesprit came down a little bit before reaching over and grabbed it out of my hand. It immediately went into her mouth making it look adorable.

"Alright Mesprit I need to meet Mary at Jubilife so I need to leave see you soon." I said smiling and waving like a maniac.

Mesprit nodded and splashed back into the lake before I left. As I was about to leave I heard Mesprit saying what I'm guessing was supposed to be 'Bye see you again soon.' I left toward Route 201.

*Mary's POV*

"Alright Pipulp use Bubble Beam!" I yelled and the little penguin fired at the Starly we found in the grass.

It fainted pretty quickly and I returned Pipulp to it's Pokeball. It's gotten pretty strong since I first got it from the lab. Which wasn't even an hour ago.

Deciding it was time to head off to the city nearby I left the patch of grass and continued on my way. When I got over to the next patch of grass leading onward however the grass was moving on its own.