Chapter 32: Snap

*time skip to late April*

Evie's PoV:
Three long agonizing painfully long months had passed. It felt as though someone had punched right into my chest and ripped my heart straight. I wanted to stay in bed in Doug and I's room in our cottage. I wanted to lay there alone in the dark and cry.
         For three months my baby boy had been missing. A part of me was missing. That STUPID PERTY BITCH fairy had just taken him. We didn't know why, but she had. Other than Mother Gothel, who could be so cruel as to steal someone's child? I just don't see any sort of motive that could drive a person to do such a thing.
For the past few months Doug and I had been searching endlessly for our child. He had slept as little as I had. Most nights I stood on our cottage balcony starring out into the night. Sometimes I would close my eyes and feel the night's breeze. I would imagine that it was somehow my son calling out to me. The sound of his first cry continued to ring out in my ears, play in my mind on repeat, and haunt my every thought both waking and sleeping.
Ben had his parents holding council meetings left and right. He had the city on lockdown. No one left or came with his say so, not his parent's. But, we had searched the majority or Auradon if not all. We had enlisted all of our friends help, especially those who remembered. But, still everyone was helpful in their own ways. Mal and Ben stayed with Doug and I, it helped a lot more than they could ever imagine.
        Currently I was sitting between Mal and Doug at the council table. Another meeting, one probably with the same outcome as the others. NOTHING!
       "Has anyone thought of searching the Isle?" It was Carlos who asked. I continued to stare at the window, completely zoned out but still semi listening. "No! That's impossible with the barrier!" Ben's father was always extra loud... I watched Carlos hold up his hands in defense.
        "What about other kingdoms?" We all looked to Annalise between Chad and the Grand Duchess. In Anastasia's arms I noticed the infant boy, he was about four months or so. Only a bit older than my Daniel. That's what did it. That's when I finally snapped. I jumped out of my chair ripped off my shoes and took off running with tears streaming down my face.
I needed air, I needed space and most of all, I NEEDED MY PRECIOUS BABY BACK. I couldn't stand it anymore. If need be, I'd go back to the damn Isle myself to search for Daniel, if it came down to it. But, I still didn't see how that could be possible, even for Tiffany. At this point in time the barrier was still up. Not to mention, we hadn't searched the other kingdoms... so maybe there was still hope.
I didn't know how long I had been running, but I finally stopped close to the Enchanted Lake.I felt the cool breeze blowing through the trees and it helped to take my mind off of things, at least a little bit. I sat close to the lake in silence for several minutes before I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw Mal, Jay and Carlos. Our little group was whole once more. It gave me some comfort at least.

Carlos' PoV:
I didn't expect my suggestion would have caused Evie to run off. I mean yeah Ben's dad was scary as all get out, but the suggestion had been logical. The reactions by the two of them hadn't. Doug had stayed behind to try and smooth things over the royals, while the three of us went to find Evie.
Doug probably should have been here with us, but in the end, it was just like old times. The four of us together, facing whatever the world had thrown at us. Well, the world had thrown us a very nasty curveball. Tiffany had evaded us for three months and nerves were starting to fray.
       Evie was about to go ballistic, though I didn't blame her. Her newly born child had been taken from her and she hadn't seen him since. Her motherly instincts had kicked in and she had remembered everything, which helped.
Mal was the first one to embrace Evie as Evie again burst into tears. "It's not fair! Why did that skank decide to torture me of all people?! And why steal a newborn? Why me? Why my son? I did nothing to the bitch, EVER! I just want him back Mal. Where's my son?" Mal let Evie cry into her shoulder as myself and Jay watched on.
"It's okay E, we'll find him I promise. We just heard back from Arendelle as well. No sign of Tiffany or Daniel there either. But, Ben's older brother's girlfriend, Katherine Rock, is keeping an eye out and has her aunts guards searching." Which left only one logical place....
"I said it once and I'll say it again, why don't we check the Isle? It's a long shot, but there is nothing to lose at this point." Evie gave me this look of pure death. Shit, wrong choice of words. She jumped to her feet and pulled me up to mine using my collar. And suddenly my feet were not on the ground.
"NOTHING TO LOSE??!! MY CHILD IS MISSING CARLOS!!! WE HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE!" Evie was inches away from my face as she ripped into me. Mal quickly calmed Evie before she actually bit my head off. Jay stepped to my defense though.
"Despite his appallingly bad choice of words, Carlos is right. We've searched Auradon and every other kingdom. The only place left to check is the Isle. Despite the barrier being up, Tiffany has shown a remarkable ability to evade and adapt on the fly. At this point, our only option is to search the Isle." Jay's voice helped to calm the situation a Evie's tears stopped for at least a moment.
"I just want him back guys, that's all I want. That's the only thing that matters right now. I don't care if we have to go to hell itself to find Daniel, I will go to those lengths." Evie wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up to face us, her blazing with power and anger.

Mal's PoV:
I really wanted everything to go back to normal. Not this old normal we were stuck in, but our normal. The one where Ben and I were enjoying our honeymoon and starting a family after my coronation. One where Evie's son hadn't been kidnapped... I felt fucking awful for my best friend. She had been through so much in such a short amount of time.
I know that Doug was just as upset. He just got all of his memories back and his fiancé. And now he was a father, not like he could truly feel like one at the moment. Most recently when he wasn't out with the royal guards searching or holding Evie while she cried herself to sleep, he was locked in his cottage study. It was so hard to watch.
Currently Ben and I were in my dorm which was now only mine since Evie wanted to be back in her and Doug's home. It was dark out and very late. At this point I was sure Ben would just be staying the night. I was completely okay with that. We lay in the dark holding each other close.
"So we're going back to the Isle?" Ben asked as he rubbed my back.
"We? You weren't invited." I laughed at my joke.
"I don't care. You're not going anywhere without me. This fairy is obviously psycho and I love you too much to be away from you..." I kissed him to shut him up.
"Okay my King. You may come."
And from then until we passed out, we talked about our next trip to the Isle. Ben thought it was funny that before he had only been once, when he got himself kidnapped. And this time around, he was on his second round before sophomore year.
As we were falling asleep, I know I heard myself whisper one last thing, but I couldn't tell if Ben had heard it to. And I wasn't sure if I was even sure if I really said what I thought I said...
"We gotta kill the bitch fairy..." and like that I was out.