Chapter 22: Details to Follow

Jay's PoV:
Things were still going great here in Auradon. Mal and Ben were happy. Carlos seemed to be loving life with Dude and really seemed to be getting somewhere with Jane. And even though we don't know who the dad was, Evie still seemed over the moon about becoming a mom in five months.
Then there was me. I was kicking ass in Tourney, school wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I seemed to really be hitting it off with Lonnie. I mean of course I was, my game was as strong with the ladies as it was on the field. In fact I was supposed to be taking her out to the ice cream place in town for a date tonight.
Currently I was laying on my bed, alone with my thoughts as Carlos was taking Dude for a walk. I couldn't stop thinking about Lonnie. Everything just felt so natural, so easy. Tonight on our date I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend and hopefully kiss her. I still wish she could have been my first kiss... but unfortunately that was Tiffany. I wonder if I should tell Lonnie about my ex?
  I picked up my phone and saw the time. SHIT! I was supposed to pick her up at her and Jane's dorm in 10 minutes!!! In a mad rush I scrambled to feet and made myself look date ready as best I could on my own. During this process I almost fell many times.
Thankfully I did finally make it out the door without falling or hurting myself Go me! I rushed to her room as fast as I could. But I also tried to go slow. I didn't want to scare anyone for no reason. People were still afraid of my friends and I as it was.
I arrived at the girls dorm with a minute to spare. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. Once Lonnie opened the door, I couldn't hold it in. "Wow, you look, uhhhh really beautiful." I was clearly nervous as my true nature was to be a player and not sweet or romantic.
A light blush spread across her cheeks and she wore a sweet smile. I extended my arm to link with hers. She took the offer and closed her door. With that we walked off to head out, talking about school, Tourney, and more.

Ben's PoV:
I was currently sitting at the head of a very long table in a small meeting with my parents, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Fairy Godmother, and a few other royal advisors. We were discussing my coronation which would happen in a few months. I found it all very pointless since I was already King, they just didn't remember it. But, I went along with everything to keep up appearances and to make my parents happy.
I sat there on my phone texting Mal, she was talking about us meeting up with Doug at he and Evie's house later to update each other, and barely listening to what was being said. Until I felt a hand on my arm. I locked my phone, set it down, and looked up. It was my mom.
"I'm sorry what was that?" I asked, seeing as how I clearly wasn't paying attention. My mom laughed. "Oh honey we know you were texting her." She was still having a hard time adjusting to my new girlfriend. But we had planned a dinner for this Saturday so that they could actually meet Mal. It wasn't the same as before but it still worked.
"We were just asking if all of the plans were okay with you." Fairy Godmother asked from the other seat next to me. I nodded, looking over the papers they handed me. "Yep. Everything works for me."
"Son this is your coronation. Your day. We need your opinions and your full attention." My father's tone was a bit more serious.
"Dad, there are few decorations which works for me. I know what to do. I know what to say. It's all good." I responded in an equally serious tone, trying to sound like the King I already was. "I know that after everything you and mom will move to your smaller summer palace. I know I will be in charge, etc. More details will follow. Now if you don't mind I'm going to bring this meeting to a close. I have somewhere to be." And with that I grabbed my phone and left the castle.
I walked to the dorms and went to pick up Mal. She was in your room alone, she mentioned that Evie was in the library studying. So she used her magic to take us to the cottage where we found Doug in the kitchen looking through photo albums.

Doug's PoV:
     It felt really strange being somewhere I finally remembered, even if it wasn't completely. Our house was really nice and decorated with the minimal but beautiful objects. Each room has a different feel. I'm sure this was all Evie's doing.
      While I waited on Mal and Ben I walked through every room, trying to gain back my full memory of this place and our lives. From all of the photos it seemed like we had been really happy and I kind of remembered it.
     The last room I walked in seemed to be a nursery. It was painted light blue with one wood panel accent wall. So I guess we were having a boy... I wonder if Evie knew that. I was going to have a son.
     Wow... I mean not that I wasn't excited or anything, I just really wanted to be with Evie and have her remember so that we could be preparing together and so that O could be taking care of her.
     After the nursery I went back down to the living room and found some photo albums. Carefully I carried them to our kitchen and sat down at the island. As I went through them I began to remember more, but it hurt because I knew she didn't.
     "Doug? We're here!" I turned around on my chair to see Mal and Ben walking in hand in hand. I missed being able to hold Evie's hand. "Whatcha got there?" Mal asked sitting in the chair beside me. Ben stood on the other side of the island leaning forward on it. "Just some photo albums which I'm guessing Evie made." She went through a few pages with me.
"Where were you guys?" I asked. "Well I was in a meeting about my coronation..." Ben started talking, until Mal interrupted him. "Yeah, why do you get two coronations but I'm only going to get one?" Ben rolled his eyes. "Honey you know this isn't my fault!" And then there was silence... "Are you guys fucking kidding me? My fiancé is almost 5 1/2 months pregnant! She doesn't remember me! And you're worried about why you only get ONE coronation?!"
"Wow Doug. I don't think I've ever heard you speak with so much rage..." Mal turned her attention back to me, as did Ben. "And I don't think I've ever heard you swear..." Once again there was awkward silence.
      "So how's everything going?" I finally asked breaking the silence. "Well last weekend Audrey demanded that we take her to the Isle. Long story there, but I don't think she's telling us the whole truth. I think she remembers." Mal started us off.
"Why would going there help her remember?" "Like I said, long story and details to follow. Trust me." I just nodded. "Well I didn't know about that, I mean I knew about the Isle obviously but I didn't know about Audrey possibly remembering. But, that's great. Why wouldn't she tell us?" Ben asked.
"I don't know. Maybe she was ashamed or confused or conflicted about the whole thing." Mal answered him. "Is it because she was almost basically dating Harry Hook?" I asked them both. They turned to me. "You remember that?" Ben asked me, one eyebrow raised. I just nodded. "Yeah there are a few pictures of them in these albums. But, that's beside the point. Does anyone else remember yet?"
      Mal looked over at Ben. "Well, Katherine Rock does. She was at the wedding and reception. I'm that time she's dating Ben's brother, Aiden." I had forgotten that Ben had a brother.
     "How's it going with Evie though?" Mal asked me touching my hand. I looked down at the pictures and my eyes landed on one of us at her birthday party. "Well I mean we hang out. We study. And I help her with her little clothing business that she's trying to start. That's all though." "It will get better. We will fix this." Ben reassured me.
     From there we talked a bit more before they decided to leave. I figured I would just stay here for a while longer. Besides the library or anywhere with Evie, it was the only place I felt happy or like myself.

Lonnie's Date Outfit: