Chapter 26: What the Hell Do I Do Now?

Evie's PoV:
This wonderful holiday was completely new experience for me. Granted, a lot of things were new for me right now. But I was loving the Christmas season. We never got to experience this on the Isle but I was taking full advantage of the time that I had right now.
My creative side had kicked in as I was decorating EVERYTHING. Lights, trees, ornaments, wreaths, you name it. I was making sure that my first Christmas was going to be one to remember. Of course, this whole year had been one to remember. I was going to have a baby soon.... It was still strange feeling, yet wonderful all at the same time. I couldn't wait to meet my child. I was determined to be the best mother I could possibly be.
At first, I hadn't been entirely sure what to do for Christmas. We never celebrated it on the Isle so all of us VKs were clueless when it came to celebrating. The boys spent it mostly by trying to find gifts for their respective girlfriends, which was utterly adorable. Mal was constantly asking about ideas for Ben and my response had always been the same. "Mal, you know Ben far better than I do, whatever you end up getting him will be fine."
Of course she had just smiled at me and said that I was right. It was only when I saw Queen Belle decorating that I realized that decorating was a large part of the holiday. Despite the fact that I should be resting and not doing strenuous activities, I couldn't help myself. I was making outfits for Christmas, decorating every room I could find and course, decorating the nursery. I knew that Christmas would be long gone by the time my little bundle of joy was born, but that didn't mean I couldn't decorate it in non-Christmas themes.
The thing that made the most happy about this season was the love the couples were showing each other. Mal and Ben, Jay and Lonnie and Carlos and Jane. All of them were utterly adorable in their own way. They all wanted to make sure that they had the perfect gift for their significant other. I just wish that I had a special someone to share the season with. I still didn't know who the father my child was, but I wish I knew and I wish he was here.
I needed someone to help decorate, plan and most of all, I needed someone to be here for me. Of course I had Mal, Jay and Carlos, but it felt like someone was missing. Like a part of me was missing. But it might have been the pregnancy brain talking. I wasn't 100% sure. Maybe this time next year I would have someone who would love this child as much as I did....

*Meanwhile, in Arendelle...*
Raelyn's PoV:
The air was brisk and cold as I walked through the city center in Arendelle. Like Aiden, I enjoyed the colder weather. My plan to surprise Aiden had been in the works for quite some time. Ever since that phone call where Aiden hadn't said "I love you". I knew Aiden loved me, but maybe he just wanted to tell me face-to-face.
So, I had decided to make this surprise trip to Arendelle to see him. I had never visited him at the University so this whole experience was very new to me. And he hadn't come home to see me, which was also odd...
No matter though, I loved the atmosphere here though. All of the hustle and bustle was wonderful and a terrific change of pace from the kingdom. And there in the distance stood the castle of Arendelle, home to Queen Elsa and King Jack. What I wouldn't give to live in a castle like that someday and one day be called a Queen. As my father always said, "Guys, I want a castle." It was the one thing Aiden and I had arguments about.
I never could understand why Aiden had shunned his royal duties and titles. He was the first born, he should be King goddamn it, not his oblivious younger brother. I couldn't understand his fascination with teaching and his love of history. Too many dates, too many names, too many places and I honestly could fall asleep listening to some of his history stuff, But, he was cute and sweet and he cared about me, so I wouldn't complain about that part.
After wandering about the town and getting lost a few times, I was finally able to find my way to the dorms. The sprawling campus made Auradon Prep look like a kindergarten classroom. I found directions to Aiden's room and my heart began to race. It had only been a few months since we had last seen each other, but it already felt like a year had passed. I missed him terribly. I straightened my dress, double checked my hair and knocked on the door. But instead of Aiden opening the door, the most gorgeous man I had ever seen opened it. He had sandy blonde hair and icy blue eyes that shimmered in the cold, winter air.
"Well, well. It's not often my roommate has women knocking at his door. And just who you might be?" His voice was gentle, with a bit of light hearted teasing mixed in. It took me a minute to realize who this person was. Aiden's roommate was Prince Elliot Frost. And unlike my ex-boyfriend if everything worked out the way I wanted, this Prince was keeping his titles.
So, I made my move. I pushed him back in the room and closed the door behind us, but it didn't shut all the way. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. The air chilled around us, yet I felt warm and safe in his embrace. He slid my coat off my shoulders and my whole body froze. This was amazing!
He slid his hands up my back and he had just started to take my top off when the crashing sound of books caused both of our attention to turn towards the door where a shocked Aiden stood....