Chapter 1: Birthday Celebrations

Mal's PoV:
      Twirling my engagement ring on my finger, I stood on one of the castle balconies looking over all of Auradon and beyond that the Isle, also including the long white bridge connecting the two worlds which had become one. I looked over to the school where Ben and I first met and over to the church where he was crowned king, where we'd soon be married, and where I'd be crowned queen. What a thought, me, a villain kid, married to the king, and being crowned queen! I then looked back to the school where Ben had proposed to me just a few weeks ago.
*Flashback*
     Ben and I walked out to a cheering crowd, waving in our royal manner. Fairy Godmother introduced Ben, and he began his usual talking. I looked to E and she gave me a wink. Suddenly Ben was talking to the crowd and then me..."Mal this is the exact spot that we met not to long ago, yet I feel like I've known you my whole life. And did I mention I'm in love with you?" Next thing I knew he was singing...
  "I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now look at what you've done you got me down on one knee..."
And there he was really down on his knee, with a ring....
*End of Flashback*
     I smiled as I felt a warm and soft hand on my shoulder, it was Belle.
"Hello your majesty." I offered a warm smile to her in return.
She hugged me and in a sweet tone said to me, " oh dear call me mom, you will soon be my daughter-in-law. Adam and I couldn't be more pleased or proud of Ben's choices.
     We were hesitant at first, I'm sure you understand, but we know differently now. We know you were exactly what he and Auradon needed and deserved. Not to mention how excited I am to finally get a daughter, no offense to Ben." She winked at me.
"I'm very lucky." I said looking down at my ring, a few tears rolling down my cheeks. And then we heard Ben's voice from behind us.
    "And I'd give my kingdom for just one kiss." He smirked at me also adding one of his signature winks.
     "Well good thing you don't have to" I smiled back at him. Belle made a silent exit from the ballroom nodding at both of us wearing a large smile.
    "Ready to go?" Ben asked me, walking to where I was on the balcony, placing a kiss on my forehead. I nodded with excitement, remembering that we had to get to Evie's 17th birthday party. We exited the castle, fingers intertwined, and climbed on his blue and gold scooter. Once we both had our helmets on we started the short drive to the bridge between the Isle and Auradon.
     It had only been two short weeks since I used Fairy Godmother's wand to take down the barrier for good. It hadn't been the easiest adjustment to see villains in Auradon, but most people were getting along quite nice...other royals were boarding their families up in their castles.

    I'll admit riding on the scooter in a dress was hard, but I had gotten quite used to it, especially because I mostly wore the clothes that Evie made me and she usually made me dresses... much to my protest.
    As we arrived at the bridge I put all of my negative thoughts in the back of my mind and got into party mode.

Evie's PoV:
     HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY to me!!! Finally I was the same age as all of my friends, minus Jay and the other boys, with the exception of Carlos! I was so thankful that my birthday was on a Saturday and that Fairy Godmother had said that I could have my party on the bridge between Auradon and the Isle. I wanted to have it at the Enchanted Lake, but for one that was Mal and Ben's spot and two Jane had just had her birthday there a few weeks ago. Let's just say that many people still had nightmares about that place thanks to evil Audrey...And not that it really mattered where I had it now, because thanks to Mal, my mom could actually be at my party.
      So, here I stood in my party outfit, with my mom and all of my friends. I was having a great time as we were all waiting for Ben and Mal to arrive, we knew they would take the longest and that was okay. I was standing with my mom, Fairy Godmother, and Jane when I saw Doug coming my way.
      I was extremely excited, seeing as we were now official, but I hadn't told my mom that I was dating a royal who wasn't a prince... I mean I would have but this was my first time seeing her since the barrier came down.

      "Happy Birthday gorgeous!" Doug exclaimed, as he picked me up and spun me around. I kissed his cheek, knowing that my mother was watching. I linked arms with Doug and walked over to my mother,
      "Mom this is Dopey's son, Doug...my boyfriend" I turned to Doug, "and Doug, this is my mom, the Evil Queen, or EQ as everyone seems to call her." Doug stuck his hand out to shake hers, he was nervous and shaky as to be expected. I was waiting for her to explode or yell at me for choosing Doug instead of a prince. But what she did next shocked me, she hugged him.                          
      Pushing him back with her hands on his shoulders she spoke to Doug, "all I need to know is that you make her happy, she is the apple of my eye." She winked at me, I breathed a sigh of relief, with that the party continued and everyone was joyous.
        I noticed Jay and Lonnie flirting, then there was Audrey and Harry Hook flirting...weird. I watched Jane and Carlos getting all cute at one of the tables, really I just watched everyone getting along which was all I had ever wanted. That was when the music stopped and the trumpets sounded, that meant our King (Ben) and his lady a.k.a my best friend were arriving.

        I left the group I was talking to and ran to my girl. We screamed in excitement in my each other's arms. "Happy Birthday E!" I hugged her and thanked her. "Okay so for your wedding I'm thing blue and gold with touches of purple..." Mal cut me off. "E no wedding talk, it's your birthday!" I calmed down immediately, or at least I tried . She laughed. And with that birthday events continued. It really was a great time, especially since I got to spend it with my Isle friends and my Auradon friends. We laughed, we chatted in excitement, we took selfies and other pictures, but mostly we celebrated me (my favorite thing to do).
     Everything was going great until a puff of green smoke appeared in the center of the dance area... great, just what we didn't need today. I rolled my eyes knowing what it meant and wondering how it was even possible, since she was supposed to be a reptile.
    "I'm baaaaaacccckkkkk!" Of course is Maleficent, Mal's mother. I looked over at Mal across the bridge, she had her hand covering her face in embarrassment.

Mal's Outfit

Evie's Outfit

Evie's Outfit