Chapter 21: Bullshit

Katherine's PoV:
  Talking with someone else who remembered felt soooo good. It made me feel like I wasn't crazy! In my dorm room, Mal and I sat and talked for hours. It was really nice. She told me about how Ben and Doug had their memories back, and how she thought Audrey did too. I really didn't know Audrey or Doug, but at least we were moving in the right direction. And then Mal asked the one question I was dreading, a topic I really didn't want to think about...
      "So what's going on with Aiden?" I frowned and looked down as I began to pick at my fingers. She took my hands in hers. We were sitting cross legged on my bed.
    "He doesn't remember anything other than the fact that he's dating Rapunzel's brat of a daughter.."
     "Okayyy, better question. Why is Ben the King and not Aiden?"
     I looked up and smiled at her remembering when we first talked about that on our first date. "He didn't want to be tied down with all the royal duties. And he hates the titles. Really he hates it all..." I smiled just thinking of my love.
      And, then I continued, "he loves history and exploring the world too much. All he wants is to teach or travel. And thankfully Belle and Adam had another son so he didn't have to do it." She smiled and nodded at me, probably hearing the love in my voice. But, I couldn't help it. That's always how I sound when I was talking about or to Aiden.
     "We will fix this." Her voice was so strong, confident, and reassuring. I wish I could be like that about all of this. Finally we noticed that it was getting late. She announced that she had to get back. We swapped numbers so that we could keep each other updated and so she could contact me if she needed help or vice versa. She stood and prepared to transport herself back to Auradon Prep.
     "Mal..." I stopped her. She looked over at me. "You're going to make a great Queen." She nodded to me, I responded with a curtesy as she disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke.

Ben's PoV:
       The events of Family Day had begun and ended. The day had flown by. And Mal was no where to be found. She never returned after going to the bathroom. Remembering her history of going back to the Isle I was extremely concerned. After searching many other places for her I back tracked to her and Evie's dorm. After knocking on the door Evie answered with a noticeable pregnant stomach.
      She opened the door wider so that I could come in. I saw Jay and Carlos were also there, along with Lonnie and Jane. 'Good, things are working out...' I thought to myself.
     "Hey Ben, what's up?" Carlos asked me from where he and Jane sat on the window seat.
     "Have you guys seen Mal anywhere?" I tried my best to keep a level tone and not sound panicked. They all exchanged glances, shaking their heads. "No. Sorry man. Haven't seen her since this morning." Jay responded to me from his spot on the ground. I ran my fingers through my hair.
     "You guys don't think she went back to the Isle again do you?" They all looked at me with one eyebrow raised, like I was a lunatic. "Ben, what are you talking about? We just got here. She hasn't gone back and I highly doubt she ever will." Evie reassured me, really starting to sound like a mom. I laughed in my head, 'yeah that's what you think...' another thought to myself. Okay so I shouldn't mention that again...
     Suddenly we heard the bathroom door knob turn and we all turned our attention to the door. There we saw Mal walk out in her old green cotton bathrobe. "Hey guys." Her voice was so casual and nonchalant. I ran over and pulled her in for a hug. "Where have you been?!" I asked her, the panic in my voice showing this time.
     "Yeah Mal, where'd you go? And how long have you been in there?" Evie followed my question with two more. "Guys chill. I started to not feel well so I came back here and decided to take a long hot shower." They all just nodded, unsure if they believed her. I definitely did not. "Ben let me just change and we can take our nightly walk." I smiled at her and nodded. I didn't know what to say.
      She retreated back into the bathroom and emerged 15 minutes later in a cute but casual outfit. One that made her really look like a true Auradonian. She said goodbye to her friends and we left.

Mal's PoV:
    We walked out of the dorm building hand in hand and began our walk through the gardens. It was a nice night out with a light breeze in the air  the moon was full and stars covered the dark sky. I was enjoying the atmosphere around us and my time with Ben when he stopped us. He turned me so that we were face to face.
     "Seriously Mal, no bullshit. Where were you today? Did you go back to the Isle again?" I started at him with wide eyes in shock. "What are you talking about Ben that's crazy?!"
"Well then why did you skip lunch with my parents? That was when they were supposed to meet you." He sounded so hurt that I didn't come. And I knew what I did was dumb, since it could potentially mess things up. However I wasn't about to let that happen.
"Honey, I left because I remember what happened 4 years ago that day and I don't want to repeat all of that drama. And I went to Arendelle in search of Aiden or Katherine to see if they remembered anything." His ears perked right up at that.
"Did they?!" He was so excited, but too loud and the few people around us began to stare.
     "Babe shut up. And no they did not... well your brother didn't. But Katherine remembers everything!" I looked down to the ground feeling kind of sad. It would have been great if his brother remembered too. Ben pulled me in for a tight reassuring hug. One where our foreheads rested against each other's. These hugs were my favorites, well all of Ben's hugs were my favorite, but this one really made me feel like everything would be okay.

Tiffany's PoV:
      I watched the world below me out of my tower bedroom window. Even without full access to their memories everyone was so happy! It made me sick! They should be scared and confused!
     The sight which made me the most nauseous was the one of Mal and Ben in a warm lover's embrace. I wasn't too thrilled that they were already back together, but I wasn't worried. They still had no idea how to break my curse or where to find me.
      As I continued to watch the world below me I felt empowered and untouchable. Also I felt annoyed by my phone that would not stop going off. I completely forgot that four years ago I had been dating Gabriella Marie Gothel, daughter of Mother Gothel. She was just as needy as her mother. But, hey who was I to judge?

Our Happily Ever AfterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara