Giving him a sly side smile, I pull them up and place one of my hands on the right side of my exposed butt-cheek, "I'll take that as a compliment Alpha Knox. It's funny to think some men feel entitled in their positions as a leader, to where they can try and give orders on what a woman can and can't wear. Quite pathetic actually." I say, flipping my long red hair off of my shoulder as I tilt my head up at him in a challenging way.

His eyes look deep into mine as they flicker black and gold. His jaw clenches tightly and I know I hit a nerve.
My eyes gaze down for a moment and I catch sight of a large twitch in his pants and I smirk, looking back up to meet his gaze.

He steps unbelievably close to me, a deep chuckle leaving his lips as he notices that my ego quickly vanishes as he practically bumps into me. "Listen here little one, and listen good. I don't give a flying fuck if you think I'm entitled. At least I know a whore when I see one. And it think it would be my fucking mate."

"Don't call me that." I huff, hiding the blush on my cheeks with a new found anger.

"What. A whore?" He teases.

"Your mate." I bite back. "I'll be damned to have a mate that calls me a whore, and tries to have authority over me and my decisions. I should reject you."

He growls, and I can't tell I struck a nerve I probably shouldn't have. But he shouldn't have acted in such a way in the first place.

He storms off but I feel his presence is still near even with him out of sight.

Ugh.
What an ass! Like, who does he think he is? Calling me a whore?
Oh... he's in for it. I have a fair share of risqué clothing in my closet, just wait for him to see me kick it up a damn notch.

Besides, testing the 'big bad Alpha Knox' with my inner brat is fun
He can't do a damn to me on my families territory, so I can do whatever I want and not face any consequences.  

As I take a second to catch my breath and continue to make my way to make Eli and myself a drink, I get lost in a new feeling.
The burning heat between my legs is starting to pool into my panties, my wolf pants with excitement, spinning in circles as her tail wags faster than a fan turned on high.

Why is she acting so crazy excited?

My temperature starts to rise and rise until I break out into a sweat. I grab a bottle of water from the nearest refreshment table and practically chug the whole thing in less than two seconds.
As I feel my temperature drop to a semi normal temperature, I finish what I was doing and make the two drinks I had been trying to make for the last ten minutes.

"Omg, he totally just called you his mate." Eli says with a beaming smile.

"You heard that?" I ask, my face reddening like a cherry.

"Everyone did. I heard your dad tell Mrs. Kelly that he's your mate. So it's true? Spill the tea!" Eli says, his hands digging into my shoulders as he shook me.

"I-I don't know... I'm not even able to find my mate. Not until my birthday. So for the mate thing... I'm not sure. But he needs to learn how to stay in his own bubble and not pop into others." I say, moving a piece of hair behind my ear. "Besides, how did you not know that was him at school? I thought you said he was super hot, yet you never said anything at school when we saw him."