Chapter 2

EDITED!!!

As we make our way over to the bonfire, Eli and I walk in silence.
Our ears picking up on the music, talking, laughter and crackling of the flames of the fire.
We follow the path into the forest, little fireflies dancing beside us like small fairies.

As we get closer, I feel something inside me that I've never felt. Like an urge to find my mate, and complete the bond that mates share.
It came out of nowhere and nearly removed me of my ability to breathe.
"You okay?" Eli asks, his eyes pouring worry as he saw me panting like I'd just gone on a two day run without water.

"Yeah. I just need a drink is all." I reply, sounding like a smoker. I try to swallow any bit of saliva I can muster up but struggle with my sudden case of cotton mouth.
My balance falters as I rest a hand on the nearest tree trunk, taking a moment more to regain my composure.

As we reach the clearing in the forest where the bonfire is, I tell Eli to find us a good place to sit by the fire while I get us something good to drink.
Gravitating towards one of the kegs filled with beer, I reach for one of the plastic cups stacked up on the table besides the keg as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

My nose instantly picked up on the scent. Dad. But... someone new with him, although somewhat familiar.

The smell of rain and maple trees filled every inch of my lungs as I slowly inhaled. My lungs begin to tingle with excitement as the scent fills my body.

Turning on my heel, I greet my dad with a side hug before he steps back with a smile. "Rosette, I'd like to introduce you to Alpha Knox. The Alpha to The Blood Moon Pack."

My eyes meet with the face of someone quite familiar yet so unknown to me.
Alpha Knox is the man I had seen at school, the man who has a problem with my shorts.

Asshole.

I feel his intense gaze trail up my body very slowly.
His cold eyes linger a bit before meeting with mine.

His eyes.. I've never seen eyes so black before... but the gold specks fighting for a spot in the darkness of his eyes are beautiful.
And like that, the gold specks we're gone.

"Alpha Lenson, may I have a moment with Rosette? I have a question for her and feel it would be best to ask it in private." Alpha Knox says in a very low, but calm manner as he rolls the 'r' as he says my name.

I feel butterflies rise in my stomach as Alpha Knox's eyes look into mine. I try to keep my heartbeat from racing but damn is it hard.
Especially with his tall frame hovering over me.

Oh what I would do to climb this man like one of the tall oak trees surrounding us.

I quickly roll my eyes at the absurd thoughts my brain is mustering up and feel my core tighten as he steps beside me.
He places one of his large hands on my lower back, and as soon as his hand came in contact with my body, I feel a vibration, no... an explosion of tingles radiate through me. My whole body igniting in flames and tingles, making me feel that I was about to break out into a flustered mess, all being powered by such a simple touch from this man.

My dad nods in agreement with a smile before walking off, greeting other pack members and diving into new conversation.

I look back at Alpha Knox who is now in front of me again, towering over me as if I am a brand new pup. An omega one at that.
"Interesting outfit you have on." He says with a low growl leaving his throat as he stares at my short shorts that leaves little to the imagination.