I hate that I love you

Sarah's POV :
After leaving his office I went to my home. I was lucky that bhabhi wasn't present . So I sneaked into my room and locked it. I cried , I cried a lot , I bursted into tears . The picture of him with the girl was stuck in my head . Whatever I did it was there. It was stuck in my head like a chewing gum. He has moved on with a cold heart. I knew it , dealing with him was not that easy, but didn't expect it to be so hard either. I thought after all these years , I might've gotten strong, strong enough to control my feelings, but no just one blow and all my work goes down. What happened today will happen quite often now, I need to stay strong. I can't understand how is he so good in handling his emotions, or he doesnt have any . Thinking about it I drifted into sleep.

My ringtone woke me up. I got up rubbing my eyes . I had 12 missed calls from Bhai, 6 from Riya, 8 from Matt.
Shit!
I immediately called Bhai and made up a story for cancelling today's meeting. After that I called Riya and told her that I'll be there in 30 mins. If Riya is going to know about him then the other 5 should know about him as well. So I called them and told them to come to the restaurant.

Getting up from my bed I went into the bathroom. I saw myself in the mirror, red eyes, pink nose, dry lips. I needed a shower. Soon I came out of the shower and took the first outfit I could get to dress up. Applying mascara and lip balm I left.

After reaching the resto I went and sat on our usual table. Matt and Saransh were playing pool and k and Riya were giggling looking into each other's phone. I cleared my throat to get the attention. They noticed me and we all sat together.

"Guys, I need you all to know something important, about my past, you all have questions about it and today I'll answer them all". I said

"Sarah , if you are not ready then don't ". Said Matt

"No Matt I'm ready".

Saying this I told them everything. About how I met Shantanu in college, about how we fell in love, about how we eloped , about how I was treated, about how he tried to slap me, about how Riya found me, about how I left him. I never thought that opening your heart in front of someone could make you feel so good. It was like some burden was removed from my chest.

"You-I , I don't know what to say Sarah!". Said Matt.

"Is he here for some revenge thing?". Asked K.

"I don't know , but I don't care what's he here for, I have you guys by my side. I fear nothing".

"Sure, we'll always be there for you".

"Now lets off the serious mode and order something". I said

Everyone agreed. I completely forgot about today's event as I was busy in seeing the suitable matches for Riya. We were having a lot of fun. Spending time with them is a bliss. They make me forget about everything painful. But the good and bad thing about time is that it keeps on going. Same way my happy time lasted no longer . Mr. Shantanu Sharma came to the resto with his "gf" . He saw us and came towards us . His hand never leaving her waist.
"Hey guys!" He said.

Everybody tried to act normal. I knew after knowing the reality they wants to rip his head off his body but they can't really do it. So they greeted him as well.
"Hi!" Said everyone.

"This is Rosa , my friend". He said looking at that girl.
Ohh she's a friend cum fuck buddy right? I wanted to yell at him.

"Mind if we join you guys?". He asked . Not having any option they agreed.He will do everything to irritate me, won't he? I was done taking his shit for today. I had to act like I didn't care. So without giving them a glance I sat eating my food.
Shantanu came and sat near me. I tried to ignore him.

After some time his hand landed in my thigh. I was having soup and almost choked on it. Acting as if it was nothing I continued having my soup. With one hand I removed his hand from my thigh,but he was quick and held my hand. Tightly. I struggled but to no avail. He was rubbing his thumb on my hand. Is he this shameless? His gf is sitting right next to him and he is flirting with me. Soon I stamped his feet making him leave my hand.

Soon we all left . I was in the parking lot when Matt came. "Sarah, can you please drop me home?" He asked.

"Yaa".
"S-Sarah , I want to say something".
"Go on".
"The decision that you took 10 yrs back was right. I respect you a lot for that, it was very brave of you. I never knew you had such a dark past".

"It's fine Matt, its past".

He cupped my face and kissed me on my forehead. I felt safe, but it didn't have the effect that Shantanu had. What am I thinking? Why am I comparing the both of them? Brushing thoughts off , we left.

Bhai and bhabhi were not home. They went for some birthday party with kids. So it was just me and Martha. I told her to go to sleep and then moved to my room.
Today's day was full of shocks. Only one thing could fix it and that is a shower.
So I went and took a shower. After the shower I tied my bathrobe and went into my closet.

While I was choosing what to wear . I felt something move behind me. I turned instantly but there was no one. So I turned again and there he was.....

Shantanu.
"What are you doing here? How did you get in?".

"Not a proper way to welcome your guest".

"What do you want Shantanu?"

"I want a lot of things but for now an answer will be enough".

"Answer for what?"

"What is your relation with Matthew Andrews? He's always buzzing around you like a bee near a honey comb".

"That's none of your business, just go away, your Rosa might be waiting for you".

"Ohh! Now I get it you are trying to make me jealous ".

"Whatever". Saying this I stood near the mirror . He turned me , now my back facing the mirror.

"Go away , before bhai comes home".

"I'm not scared of your bhai, answer my question".

"He likes me".

"I knew it, you know how he feels about you but then too you go near him,let him touch you, kiss you. Do you like him too?"

"Y-Yes , I like him. He is handsome , rich , intelligent. Why won't I like him". It was a complete lie,but I wanted to piss him off.

"Hmm".

"Jealous!"

"Trust me Sarah, I would never be jealous of that guy, why will I be jealous? Don't get any ideas Sarah I was just asking as we both are going to be business partners and your closeness with that Andrews son could affect our deal".

Saying this he was leaving when he said,"one more thing Sarah , thanks for leaving me else I would have been stuck with a gold digging bitch like you for the rest of my life".

Gold digging bitch? Me? I left my lavish life to be with him and he is saying that I am a gold digger. His words cut my hearts into pieces. I wish I could just delete the part of my life when I loved him. I hate myself for loving you Shantanu!

-------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Please vote also check my new story "his love". Love u♥️