Life is not a bed of roses...

Sarah's POV :
After the kitchen incident , I decided to listen to some music . So I put my earphones on and was listening to believer.

Suddenly out of no where I was pinned to the nearest wall. Before I could register anything I felt soft lips smashing on my lips.... obviously I knew it was Shanu .

I pushed him as I was not ready for it....
My rejection had angered him. Soon he just punched the wall hard making me jump in fear.

"I think we should wait Shanu , let's just not rush up things".

"Right", said Shanu and just left.

I love Shanu ,truly but I'm not ready for being physically intimate with him. We already have a lot in our plate rushing things will only make the matter worst. He has full right on me but, I'm just scared and confused due to the things that happened in the kitchen.

I decided to talk about the college to Shanu's dad.

On the dinner table:

Shanu was still avoiding me. I ate quietly . After I finished eating I helped mom with the dishes. After completing the work I went near dad who was watching tv .

"Dad I want to talk about something ".
"Yes beta".
"Dad I want to continue my college ".
There was a long pause after that, then afterwards he spoke .
"Beta you see , I earn 20000 per month in which I can nearly make the ends meet, I've taken a loan for Shanu's education for which I pay every month. Even if Shanu gets a part time job , he won't be able to pay for your college fees, so I cannot pay for the college fees."said dad.

A part of me died that day . I had a dream , an ambition. I cannot just let it go. For my entire life I've tried to make my individual identity other than being an Oberoi. I wanted people to know me as Sarah , that's the reason I fell for Shanu coz he loved me as Sarah just ...Sarah .

I was not able to control my tears due to which I left the flat and went on the terrace. I was crying and crying . All my dreams were being broken in front of me.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder . Wiping my tears I turned to see a girl , she looked beautiful and simple. Her eyes held warmth , which I needed at that time.

 Her eyes held warmth , which I needed at that time

"Why Are you crying?". She asked in her soft voice.

"N-Nothing it's just some ...". I was not able to complete my sentence, due to the sobs I was holding.
She gave me a side hug and calmed me down.

"Everyone has problems , but our problems will stay or leave depends on us". Said the girl.

"Life is not a bed of roses, but in order to achieve it we need to cross the thorns , it hurts but it's worth it". She said holding my hands.
I gave her a weak smile.

"E-ehmmm". I heard coughing from behind. It was Shanu .

"I guess you have met Rashmi".
He said pointing at the girl.

"Rashmi this is Sarah my wife, Sarah this is Rashmi my friend". He introduced us.

"Now I know why was he so eager to marry you, you are so beautiful. Anyone could've done what he did".
She said smiling at me.

"You can come to meet me whenever you want I live in flat no. 4, I guess I should give you love birds some time alone". Saying that she left.

There was silence for a minute after which Shanu broke by pulling me in a bone crashing hug.

"I'm sorry for my impulsive behaviour, I -I was being a complete jerk." He said while hugging me.

"It's ok".

"I will never force you again, I can wait for you forever ." He said leaving me and allowing me to breathe.

"About your college , you can start it once I finish mine,which is after some years , I'll get a job and support dad while you can rejoin college after that.".he said holding my face in his palms.

"I cannot give you the life your brother gave you but I'll try my level best to fulfill your basic needs." said Shanu

"I know you will always take care of me". I said leaning on his shoulder.

2 good things happens today . One . I know Shanu will always be there for me. 2 . I found a new friend "Rashmi".