Be Italian! - APH Grandpa Rome/Italy/Romano Story

Grandpa Rome wanted to plan a surprise visit to his grandsons' villa for a while now. So of course, once the old man had an idea that he wanted to pursue, he did it in the most... Grandpa Rome-ish way. 

Through out the day that he was to visit them, he had been observing his little Veneziano and little Romano on how they would play out their day in time square. Why the twins were together? Italy had planned a surprise visit to Romano, and dragged him along to go sight seeing in their beautiful country, that they practically saw... every... single... day. But that day was different, since they were together. 'Ah! Look at my little Italies!' thought the elder man as a smile came onto his face.

When he was stalking-er... observing, he had noticed something with the both of them. When they were talking to women separately, they were doing a terrible job of it! The girls would either walk away with an awkward expression on their face, or they would laugh and then leave the poor boys in their shame. "WOW! Today was a good day to visit them, because I MUST-a fix this!" he said loudly, causing a some Italian citizens to glance over at him. He rubbed the back of his neck, nervously and then walked away quickly, a new plan entering his head as he turned the corner.

Later, around night time, Italy and Romano were in their Villa, sitting on the couch. Romano was close to falling asleep and Italy was watching the cooking channel with his classic smile as he was interested in different dishes from all over the world. "Will you turn that shit off?" asked Romano, yawning a little bit. "VE~" said Italy sadly. "But it's a good episode Fratello. They're talking about American food..." his voice was soft and quiet, an innocent tone adding more to the adorableness of it all. 

Romano looked at Italy and groaned, sighed. "Alright... whatever." Even Romano couldn't argue with Italy when he was being all like that!

Suddenly... BAM! The door was slammed open. 

"BOYS!? HELLO!?" Called out Grandpa Rome. 

Italy perked up and bolted off of the couch. "GRANDPA ROME!" he screamed, practically tackling the old man. Rome laughed and hugged Italy back. "How's my grandson been?" he asked. As Italy was speaking to Grandpa Rome, Romano made his way over to the two. He leaned against the wall, his arms crossed. 

It was so easy for Italy to be all... that around Grandpa Rome, but Romano, being the least favorite, always felt like he should keep quiet unless spoken too. Even through all the years, the jealousy was there, and not going anywhere.

After a while, Grandpa Rome sat down with the boys in the living room, a semi-serious expression gracing his face. "Now boys. I'm aware that-a you both are-a having troubles a-talking to-a the ladies, si?" he asked, leaning back against the leather cushions. The twins froze, their eyes not leaving Grandpa Rome. 

"How did-a you-?" Italy was caught off. 

"Never-a mind how I-a know. I just-a do. Am I-a correct or am I-a not?" He asked. Following that question was a short moment of silence, before the boys mumbled their yes.

Grandpa Rome clapped his hands once and leaned forward. "Alright, now that you have-a both admitted your terrible instinct with-a women... I shall tell you little Italian Devils how to get them!" He said, an excited smile on their face. 

Italy smiled and tilted his head, always loving Romes lectures since he understood them very well. Romano had a 'what the fuck!?' expression on his face, and yet he didn't say a thing.

"Now, lets-a start from the beginning! You both are extremely tense! SO LOOSEN UP AND-A BE A LITTLE CARE FREE!" Both of the Italies flinched at the mans outburst. In unison, they nodded. "Good! Now-a... You both are LOVERS, but you must-a love like the Italian people! Not like-a the French, and certainly not-a like the Germans! And-a be sentimental lovers... Show women that-a you care. That-a always makes them-a go crazy!" he explained, feeling like he was giving a great speech like the ones he used to give back when he was the greatest world power. 

The Italians glanced at each other very quickly. Had Germany, during WWII, rubbed off on them THAT much? Maybe so...

"Also, live a little! Be-a daring! Be adventurous! Women-a love that!" Grandpa Rome leaned back on the couch once again, having a victorious smirk that the Italy twins paid no attention to. They were focused on the "lesson" and how Grandpa Rome knew that they were having trouble with flirting with women. 

"And-a show them-a the fire in-a your heart boys!" he added, and continued to add on to his lesson. "Be a singer, women love singers~" said the old man, a dreamy smile on his face as he remembered the many women he had seduced over the years and using the pro's as his examples. The con's... well Veneziano and Romano could figure those out. "Dance! Be joyful, show them your romantic side..." and the "lesson" continued like that for a LONG time...

By the time Grandpa Rome was closing his little educational conversation with the twins about love and how to get women, it was close to midnight. The reason it took so long? Because Grandpa Rome was giving many examples on every single good experience when he had flirted with women. "... Truth-a be told, my dear boys, If you want to make-a woman happy, you rely on-a what you were-a born with... because it-a is in-a your-a blood," he concluded, grinning at his two grandchildren. 

Romano and Italy looked at each other, and then back at the Old man. "Well, then-a what do we-a exactly have to-a do, since it-a is in us and-a what-a ever!?" asked Romano, impatience with Grandpa Rome finally bubbling over. Italy nodded in agreement, "Ve~" Grandpa Rome raised his eyebrows. "Well-a boys, you have to-a be one thing!"

The twins leaned in, as if telling him with their body language to continue speaking, and, like Spain, Grandpa Rome just smiled and blinked, as if waiting for their response. "Well! WHAT-A IS IT!?" yelled Romano. The old man jumped at Romano's outburst. "Calm-a down my-a boy! Calm-a down! I shall-a tell you..." He leaned in, smirking. 

The boys waited patiently, the suspense killing them even more now. "All-a you have to do is..." Grandpa Rome got up from his seat and grabbed the blanket next to him, spreading it out and putting it around Italy and Romano.

 The twins looked at the blanket, noticing it had the Italian Flag pattern. Grandpa Rome spread out his arms, as if he was greeting the world. "... Be yourselves! Be joyful! Be a Lover! Be a Singer!..... BE ITALIAN!"

Romano proceeded to call the police to evict his Grandfather from the premises, as well as filed a restraining order to avoid being stalked.