Thanksgiving Memories - APH America and England Story

England groaned as he entered the attic. Everything was dusty, everything was dark, gloomy, and there was little light shinning through the cracks of the roof. He needed to get some of the final decorations down for Thanksgiving, and was in a rush to do so. America was coming over to celebrate with him, and he was bringing the Turkey and some of his friends over. England was doing the same, (minus the turkey) and since the Brit never had much company at his house, he wanted to make sure it would be a good experience for everyone. 

"Bloody hell! Where is that center piece!" He asked himself, looking around for his center piece. He peaked into some crates, moved around some drapes, and walked around the entire attic. Under him, there was a sudden CRACK! He blinked a little, looking down at the floor and lifting his foot. Under him was a 2 inch toy soldier.

The Brit shook his head and sighed, bending over to pick up the small wooden toy. He straightened back up, his eyes searching the tiny red coat. ".. What are you doing in here? I thought I had thrown all of you away," He said, his neutral features slowly becoming depressed. England's eyes glanced back at the floor and he saw a Indian figurine on the floor. He picked that one up as well and held both of the toys in his hands. "I guess i have two stowaways, eh?" He chuckled halfheartedly. The figures brought back happy memories. Memories that he wanted to get lost in.

Ah, how he missed those days. 

America was young and naive, England had to teach him things, and both were happy. Slowly, England began to get little flashbacks in his head, about the first Thanksgiving he and America had, in the Massachusetts Bay colony.

~

The Indians were around the Brit and the American boy, all laughing and smiling. There was peace, even if it would be brief. The pilgrims were carrying out conversations with the Natives. Both clans were enjoying themselves, and America was, as well. He was in the human appearance of a 9 year old boy, and would spend his time in the colony A helping the others with building the huts and cabins, and playing with other kids in his physical age group.

England smiled at America as he saw the boy having a good time, but something else was on his mind at the time. Once America was old enough, he wouldn't be visiting the young country for a long time, and, to be honest, England didn't want that. He wanted to stay by his little brother and make sure he didn't get hurt.

He felt something furry rub against his cheek, and he looked over only to see Flying Mint Bunny. The Brit smiled and greeted his green friend. "Hi England!" Chimed the bunny, circling around the British man. England couldn't help but chuckle a little. "England?" asked a small, curious voice behind him. 

He turned around and saw America looking up at him. "Hello, America," he smiled at his younger brother. The American's expression became very ecstatic and he jumped onto England's lap, hugging his big brother. England was caught off guard, and hugged America with a grin on his face. America laughed, and looked up at his big brother. "I love you big brother," He said, closing his eyes and tilting his head while smiling. 

England sighed, kissing the top of America's head. "I love you to, America." One of the Natives tapped England's shoulder, causing the Brit to look up. "He is a good child," Said the bronze skinned man. America peaked up at the Native, blatant happiness on his young face.

"Take care of him," Replied the Native as he messed up America's hair, causing the boy to laugh. England looked at America and then at the Native, nodding. "I intend to." 

The man gave a grunt and walked away, leaving the two brothers together. 

"Happy Thanksgiving, England~!" smiled America. The name he gave the event rang strangely in England's ears. "Thanksgiving? Well, why do you call it that?" He asked, wanting to hear America's response. 

The young boy sat on his brothers lap, smiling at him. "Well, why not? Everyone should be thankful for everything~ Like how the Pilgrim's gotted help from the Indian's!" England looked America over for a long time, thinking over his younger brothers choice of words. "Well... That's true. What are you thankful for, America?" America didn't even have to think about it, he began saying how he was thankful for how well the colonies where doing, for having all the things he had, for all the things England would teach him. The pleasantries of being a hopeful youth. 

"I'm thankful for having you in my life, big brother! I hope you never go away!" He grinned from ear to ear, his eyes closed in an adorable way.

England smiled and gave America's forehead a kiss, hugging the young boy close. "I'm thankful for having you in my life too. And don't worry... I'm not going anywhere. America and England," he said, holding out his pinkie finger. America wrapped his small finger around England's, finishing up his older brothers sentence. "Together, forever!"

~

England was leaning against one of the crates while he sat down, holding a blanket to his chest, the two figurines standing besides him. "Together..." Tears began to fall down his face. "Forever..." he sniffed, not bothering to wipe them away. He wished he could relive everything again, and change all the mistakes he made. 

Maybe if he could... things would be so much different. 

Maybe not, but, to be honest, he just wanted America to be his little boy again. 

"YO!! ENGLAND!!!!!! I CAME BY EARLY! I BROUGHT THE TURKEY!!!" Called out a much mature version of his little brothers voice. England shook his head, wiping the tears away as he tried to straighten himself out. He stood up, feeling the tear stains drying up as he walked to the ladder. He stepped down, yelling, "ALRIGHT! I'll be right down! I just need to finish up... something!" 

He closed off the attic and sighed, giving a half smile. 

Maybe, he didn't realize it all that well, but even though America had grown up and become a very powerful world power... he wasn't going to leave England behind any time soon. 

They truly would always be together. Forever.