Axel...

Yea yea.. Love you too.
Don't die.. xx

I take another bite from the not-so-bad burger and open my contacts. Scrolling down, I tap on Brooke's name. After one full ring, she answers.

"Uh... Brooke?"

Silence.

"Brookey?"

Silence 2.0.

"Brooke. Babe?"

Silence I'm-so-dead-now.

"Seems like you're not dead yet." I gulp at her tone.

"I'm so sorry, B. We moved again and—"

"And you didn't even have the decency to tell me?!"

I sigh and push the plate away from me. Gulping to wet my already dry throat, I lick my lips. "I wanted to, babe. But I was busy—"

She scoffs. "Such a busy woman you are, aren't you?" Her words leave a sudden stinging sensation in my chest. Or maybe — just maybe — it's the burger. You never know.

"I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry," I lick my lips ones more. "You know I didn't plan to leave like that. And I didn't even know we were moving to another place until Grace poured water on my face and told me to get ready."

A giggle leaves her mouth, making a smile make its way on my face. Before the smile starts stretching, I hear her sigh. The smile on my face vanishes as soon as it came.

"You know," she says softly, "I had planned to give you a surprise visit." Biting on my lip even harder, I try to keep on the tears. "If you were still here, we could have gone to the small spring we go — went to on each 12th."

I gulp slowly. All of sudden, the sounds of her sniffing hits my ears. "Brooke — babe — I'm so sorry."

The bell rings. I slowly take the plate in my hand and get up from the seat. "I wish whatever happened would never have happened." And she breaks down. Her soft sobs make my heart ache.

"Brooke, please stop. Please."

I start walking towards the disposal bin and toss the half eaten burger into it. Putting the plate on one of the counters, I exit the cafeteria. "I'm in school now. I'll call you ones I get back home, okay?"

She hums and ends the call. I slid the phone into my hoodie pocket and make my way towards my locker. A stinging sensation hits my nose, making my eyes water. I sigh and wipe off the lone tear that slides down my eye.

Reaching my locker, I take a quick glance at my calendar. A sigh escapes my mouth as soon as I see the next period is Chemistry.

"Pup?"

I whip my head to the side at the sudden sound of his voice. "Oh, hey." He frowns and points his for finger towards my eyes. "Were you crying?" I shake my head no.