THIRTY-FIVE

IT WAS LIKE LIVING IN THE PAST. Jimin felt uncomfortable every single time he left the house. Always making sure to lock the door, carry around pepper spray, the constant looking over his shoulder whenever he was alone. He was walking on eggshells and he hated it. There were days were he couldn't bring himself to leave the house, and had to have Hoseok or someone bring him homework so that he wouldn't fall behind in class. Jimin found himself practicing dance in Jin's living room, and sending in videos to his teachers just to make sure he passed. But there were days were he had to go into class, and on those days he felt fear. Fear that today was the day that something happened to him. Or to Yoongi.

Yoongi seemed to be less on edge than Jimin, but that was only for the younger's sake. Yoongi himself was loosing sleep over the fact that Jimin had a psycho stalker ex that was hellbent on having him back, and would do anything in the process. Even kill. He was trying to be strong for Jimin's. If He wasn't anxious, then Jimin wasn't anxious.If he smiled, Jimin tried to be happy. Yoongi often found himself trying to distract Jimin so that his mind wasn't on Jaehyun. There had been no news on him since the incident and Jimin was slowly going insane. Namjoon and Jin were absolute saints for taking them in and having to put up with Jimin's nightmares and panic attacks. But the two didn't mind. Jin and Jimin had grown extremely close during the time that they were there, and by this point, Jimin knew how to properly cook several different meals thanks to Jin. Yoongi was grateful for him. Cooking always distracted Jimin to the point where food was all he could think about.

But Yoongi couldn't distract him forever. They couldn't pretend that they were safe, and they were reminded of that whenever they had to go to class. Jimin always felt uneasy walking from the apartment building to the bus stop, and he hated doing it alone. There were some days where Yoongi wouldn't be able to go with him in the morning, and so the older would watch from the corner as he got on the bus. But it still made them uneasy knowing that something could happen in between the time they were apart. Yoongi preferred to go with him. He liked knowing that Jimin was right by his side, that he could reach out and touch him when the younger got scared. And Jimin preferred that too.

Thankfully for both of them, they had Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Tae, and Jungkook. On days when they couldn't be together, they always had someone with them to ensure their safety. On nights that Jimin had dance late, he would stay with Hoseok, Tae, and Jungkook in the dorms, and when Yoongi had late practice, he and Joon camped out in their dorm, or in Hoseok's dorm, the five boys squeezed into one space. Hoseok would normally meet Jimin by the subway or bus stop in the morning when Yoongi couldn't be with him, or Namjoon and Jin couldn't come with,and Yoongi almost always had Namjoon for the commute to school seeing as their class ran at similar times. It made Jimin feel better than Yoongi wasn't alone, and it comforted Yoongi to know that Jimin had people to protect him when he couldn't. But how long could they keep it up? They were nearing almost two weeks since the break in, and the police had nothing to go off of. There were no footprints outside, or shady characters on the surveillance cameras.

It was like Jaehyun didn't exist.

*

late april/early may

Jimin hurried into the building to escape the rain. He was walking faster than normal, partially due to the dour pour outside and because Yoongi couldn't come with him this morning. The older had caught a cold and was practically dying in bed, and since Namjoon had to go to work, and Jin was already in class, he had to go alone. Hoseok had been there for him when he got off the subway, but he had his own class to go to, so he was alone for his walk to Art.