THIRTY-FOUR

JIMIN COULDN'T SLEEP. He laid on his back, staring up at the ceiling. Yoongi was fast asleep beside him, face half buried in his pillow, the other half in the crook of Jimin's neck, with his arm tossed across his torso. He could feel every breath Yoongi let out. It tickled his skin, and frankly it was the only thing keeping him from breaking down any further.

He felt like he was trapped in a dream. Reality didn't feel like reality to him right now, and it terrified him. One minute he was the happiest man alive. His schooling was going good. He had great friends. Yoongi was back. After all these years of waiting for him,he finally had him back. Everything was perfect, and then suddenly it came crashing down all around him. Jaehyun had come back into the picture, and ruined it.

Jimin's throat tightened a bit when Jaehyun crossed his mind. Tears brimmed in his eyes, and he felt like he was having trouble breathing again.He rolled onto his side, and slid the covers further up his body. He curled against Yoongi's body, hugging him tightly. Yoongi shifted in his sleep, eyes fluttering open. "Hey," he whispered. "You okay?" Jimin shook his head. Yoongi let out a deep breath, and shifted again so that he was on his side, pulling Jimin's body right against his. The older brushed his nose against his, and kissed his forehead. "Can't sleep?"

Jimin nodded. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," he mumbled against Yoongi's shoulder.

"Don't apologize," Yoongi mumbled back. "It's alright." Jimin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Yoongi laid quietly beside him, occasionally kissing his forehead and running his hands through his hair to let him know he was okay, and that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "Jimin?" Yoongi whispered.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course,"

"Who's Jaehyun? You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable, I just-"

"We used to date," Jimin said, cutting him off. He swallowed hard. "Jaehyun and I met back when I first started attending the arts school I told you about. He was three years older than I was, and he was the only person who managed to capture my attention other than you. Of course, you always held the spot in my heart, but I was young and stupid. So we dated. He was really sweet at first. He used to text me cheesy things in the morning, and send me goodnight texts. He would walk me to classes, and cheer me on at dance competitions. He'd take me out for surprise dates, and get me silly little gifts. Things like that. But then...then he changed. He got possessive, and crazy. He would drink a lot too, and he- he used to hit me sometimes," Jimin said, getting quieter. He could feel Yoongi tense against him,but the older said nothing, so he continued. "He was forceful with me, always making me do things I didn't want to do...if you understand what I mean. I tried to break it off with him, but he wouldn't let me. He just got so crazy that we had to call the cops on him. My parents filed a restraining order against him, he's not allowed near me."

"Jiminie-"

"He's the reason why I hate basketball..." Jimin tacked on, looking up at Yoongi with sad eyes. "I hate going to the gym for games...and Hoseok knows that. He used to let me stay home whenever he went because Jaehyun used to play basketball a-and I would go watch him play. He..." Jimin paused, trying to think if he wanted to finish his thought and decided he didn't, so he continued with a different part." But when Mark and I became friends I put aside that fear, and started going again because I wanted to support him. And then with you...I like watching you play. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just-" Jimin's voice cracked slightly, and he was crying again. He'd done enough crying to last him a lifetime.

Yoongi sat up in bed, bringing Jimin with him. He was crying to now, but Jimin couldn't see that he was. He pulled the younger onto his lap,letting him buried his head in the crook of his neck and cry. Yoongi kept his arms tightly secured around his waist. He rubbed soothing circles on the younger's back, whispering quietly in his ear. "I love you," Yoongi told him. "And I'm not gonna let anybody hurt you okay? He can't hurt you-"

"Yes he can!" Jimin cried.

"No he can't." Yoongi replied firmly. "I'm not going to let him hurt you. I'm not going to let anything hurt you," Yoongi stressed. "I promise,"

"But-"

"No buts Jimin. He's gonna have to kill me if he wants to get to you," Yoongi grumbled quietly. Panic quickly rose in Jimin as he rapidly shook his head.

"No! Don't say that," He sobbed. "I don't want you to die."

"Baby,"

"Promise me you won't say things like that again,"

"I promise," Jimin wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. "Jimin look at me," Yoongi whispered quietly. Jimin sniffled a little, but focused his gaze on his boyfriend. His blonde hair was messy, and he looked exhausted after the events of tonight. But Jimin still though the looked good. "I love you," Yoongi repeated, stroking the side of his face with his thumb.

"I love you too," Jimin whimpered back. Yoongi offered him a small smile in an attempt to make him feel better, but it didn't work. Jimin's pout stayed. Yoongi ran a hand through his boyfriend's hair,pushing the loose strands out of his face. "We'll figure this out,okay? The cops said they're doing everything they can to find him as soon as possible. You're going to be just fine, I promise." Jimin nodded, lowering his head so that he could focus on his hands. Yoongi took Jimin's hands in his, and kissed his knuckles. Jimin withdrew his hands from Yoongi, and instead cupped the sides of his face, and kissed him. It was a needy kiss, but one that said I need you,not I need you. Yoongi placed his hands on either side of Jimin's waist and held him gently in place. He kissed him back,tiredly rubbing the sides of Jimin's waist.

"Don't wanna lose you," Jimin mumbled quietly against Yoongi's lips.

"You won't,"

this was supposed to be updated on tuesday but y'know my computer hates me (: 
so I'm double updating today