t w e n t y f i v e

The holidays were over. Frank had only seen his parents once, and even then, they only came home for changes of clothes, and to give him some money, "you can buy your own present. I'm sorry we didn't have time to go shopping."

Bullshit. Frank knew they couldn't even buy him a present if they had the time because they didn't know him at all. Honestly, they probably didn't even know his personality. He could bleach his hair, style it in to a Mohawk and they wouldn't even notice.

Frank was just so fed up. Sometimes, he wanted to leave. He wanted to go somewhere else, somewhere where he wouldn't only be waiting for his parents to come home, somewhere where he could live. Though that definitely wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Although that portion of his life completely sucked, he'd texted Gerard more times than he probably should have. Mostly, it was just random crap he came up with as he didn't have anyone else to tell or to share his thoughts. Every time, Gerard never failed to text a reply, even if it was a little late. He always answered, and that secured safety in Frank's mind because at least he could count on someone.

Frank had wondered if things would be different between he and Gerard. They'd been texting, and Frank was a lot more confident over text, so he hoped his usual anxiety-filled state wouldn't be a let-down.

Though he had a plan. Well, not exactly a plan, but he didn't know what else to call it. Basically, he'd concocted a list of questions to ask Gerard. Seeing as his crush obviously wasn't going to just disappear any time soon, he supposed he should get to know the guy a little better.

Currently, Gerard was stood at his desk, flicking through student's books and making a pile of the ones he had to mark, which was annoyingly taller than the completed stack. His hair was in his eyes and Frank itched to run his fingers through it to tie it back. Instead, he fidgeted in his seat, hands in his hoodie pockets, going over what he was going to say in his head. It took a while.

Thankfully, there was no one else in the art department, so they had the two rooms to themselves.

Finally, he gathered the courage and took a deep breath. "Okay, Mr Way, I have some questions for you."

"Do you really?" Gerard glanced up, brows furrowed. "About what?"

Taking his lip ring between his teeth, Frank muttered, "You." He looked over at Gerard, searching for a reaction.

"Me?" He wrinkled his nose, extremely puzzled. "Why?"

"Well. . ." He couldn't think of a way to say it without making his feelings blatantly evident. He hoped Gerard was utterly oblivious when it came to people flirting with him –not that Frank was flirting. He shifted in his chair. "I want to get to know you."

"You do know me."

"No," Frank fought back a nervous laugh, "I mean like stupid little details." Gerard just smiled, and God, Frank wished he knew what he was thinking. It'd make this a whole lot easier. "Okay, not stupid details." He sighed, leaning forwards on the table. "But you know, things like: what's your favourite colour?"

"You know my favourite colour." Gerard stated, narrowing his eyes. He was making this unnecessarily hard for Frank, who shot him a challenging glare.

"Blue, yes, I know-"

"And your favourite colour is sunset orange."

"Gee." Frank whined, dragging out the nickname, earning raised eyebrows from Gerard. He paused for a moment, allowing it to sink in that Gerard had remembered a small detail about him. "Let me continue with my childish interview."