chapter 2

I woke when my alarm went off. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I stumbled to the bathroom and did my business. I washed my hands and leaned against the counter. I splashed some water on my face and woke myself up. I looked up and saw a letter taped to my mirror. My heart raced. I reached up slowly. It had my name on it in cursive writing. I pulled it down and opened it.

'Hello Wesley,' it read in the same cursive as on the front. 'I saw you last night and i know you saw me. If you think you got away with seeing that you were wrong. I wish you luck in trying to avoid me.' My stomach churned and i ran to the toilet. I got sick and sat there.

"Wes!" my mother called from the hallway. "Are you alright?!" She came in and saw me on the floor. "Aw baby what's wrong?"

"I dont feel so good," i said. I pushed the letter behind my back trying to hid it. Aparently it worked. My mom put her hand to my forehead testing my fever.

"You dont have a fever," she said. "What hurts?" i wanted to say nothing i just didnt wanna die but knew that wouldnt go over well.

"My stomach," i lied. I put a hand over my stomach and looked up at her through my knotted hair. She could never resist this look.

"Okay i will call the school and your boss. Get back in bed." I nodded and she left. I grabbed the letter and looked at it again. How did he get in here? How did he know my name? What's going to happen if he does find me? So many thoughts came to mind it was making me sick. I got sick again. I stood on shaking legs and went back to my bed. I curled up under the blankets hiding the letter under the pillow. I could hear my dad coming up stairs. He sat on the edge of my bed putting a hand on my leg.

"How you doing?" he asked in a whisper. I nodded. "We gotta go to work you stay here. We will check on you later." I noded. He kissed my forehead and left. I heard the door lock and jumped up. I went to the window and looked out. I watched their cars pull out. I sighed with relief when they were gone. At least now if he comes i wont  be responsible for them getting hurt. I coudlnt live with myself if that happened. I shut the window again and went down stairs. I grabbed the grapes out of the fridge and headed back upstairs. As i reached the top of the stairs i saw my door closed. I didnt close my door. I slowed to a stop and looked at my door. My heart pounded in my chest. I reached for the handle slowly. I gripped it and pulled it open quickly. No one was in here, but the window was open. I know i closed it. I dropped the grapes on my bed and walked over to it. It shut with a satisfying click.

"I know i closed this," i whispered to myself. I felt the persons presense behind me before he even spoke.

"You did my dear girl," the person said. The voice was deep telling me it was a guy and it had an accent of sorts but i couldnt pin point it. I spun around quickly and came face to face with the guy from last night. I gasped and went to scream but he was quicker. He covered my mouth before i even fully opened it.

"Now we will have none of that," he said. I nodded and he pulled his hand away. My heart was pounding in my chest and my blood roared in my ears.

"How'd you get in here?" i stuttered. I was terified i couldnt even speak right. I mean this guy just broke into my room.

"My dear girl, i know that isnt the real question you wanted to ask," he said as he strode around my room as though he had all the time in the world. Well technically he did. My parents just left and wont be back for hours.

"What are you going to do to do me?" i asked. My voice was stronger this time. He smirked at me and sat onto my bed.

"I'm not sure yet," he said. "I may have you as my maid or maybe just for food. I havent decieded."

"F-food?" He chuckled at me.

"My dear girl i know you are smarter than you look. You can figure this out." I coudlnt think straight. Let alone understand what was goign through his head. "I see you are havign trouble. I will tell you then. I am a vampire." I gasped before i could stop myself. Everything came together as though it were meant to fit. Everything i had seen and felt since i saw him. I felt my stomach churn.

"I'm going to be sick," i said before running to the bathroom. I got sick and sat against the wall. The guy walked in and leaned against the door frame.

"Here are your choice right now," he said looking down at me. "Come with me now without fighting or i just kill you now. It's your choice." He held out a hand to me. I didnt want to die but i also didnt want to go with him. I knew i had to make a choice and quickly. I reached up slowly and took his hand. He pulled me to my feet and against his chest. "Hold on my dear girl," he whispered. I did as he said and squeazed my eyes shut.