Chapter 9

Wesley fell asleep soon after Sam did. She had put my jacket on, it was so big on her small frame that it was more like a blanket. She looked peaceful when she slept, nothing bothering her. Her skin shinning in the moonlight, her hair silky. 

I turned away and watched the road. We were almost there now, it was a three hour drive but I didn't even notice it. I pulled into the drive way and scoffed at the building before me. It was four floors all white with huge windows. 

I got out first and shut the door carefully hoping not to wake either of them. I knocked on the door and waited. The door opened and Calvin was there all smiles. He was just as I remembered him, tall and strong with red hair and green eyes. 

"Jesus," Calvin laughed pulling me into a hug. "You look good Camdon." 

"You too," I laughed pulling away. "Can you help me get them in?" I nodded towards the car. 

"You must really like her if you wanna bring her here." I run my hands through my hair turning away. "Oh shit," he sighed. 

"Let's talk later," I breathed. "It's almost dawn." Calvin nodded rubbing his face. We went to the car and grabbed everything,  Calvin carried in Sam and I carried Wesley. She was light but I could feel the muscles that corded her body. 

I put her carefully in one room pulling the blankets up to her chin before going to find Calvin. We met up in the kitchen and poured ourselves a drink as we sat across the table from each other,. The windows were drawn making us safe in here, just exhausted. 

"You going to tell me what the hell is going on?" Calvin asked. I swirled my glass staring at it worrying at my lips. "That's a look I haven't seen in a few years." 

I scoffed and shook my head. "Yeah." He was watching me carefully now. I sipped my drink and put it back on the table, finishing it. 

"Can you put a sentence together? Can you tell me what's going on? Can you do anything?" I laughed and punched his arm. 

"Yes I can," i laughed. "Just trying to piece it together." Calvin laughed shaking his head. 

"Cam?" a small voice said bringing me back. I glanced up and saw it was Wesley. She looked exhausted and confused. Her hair was a mess and her eyes still hazy. I smiled and waved her in  giving her a seat. 

"Wesley this is Calvin," I introduced. "Calvin this is Wesley." She smiled politely at him but didn't say anything more. "What are you doing up? You should be sleeping." 

"Look who's talking," she smirked at me. I laughed a little. 

"She does have a point," Calvin smiled. "It is dawn." I punched his arm again and he laughed. "Look we can finish this conversation tomorrow, let's get some sleep." 

"Separately I hope," I laughed. Calvin winked at me before standing up and leaving the room. I looked at Wesley. "Come on," i said, "let's get you to bed." 

"That sounds wrong," she smiled at me. I laughed but didn't say anything else. We went back upstairs to the room I had put her in originally. I didn't even look around when I put her to bed but it was a nice room, full bathroom, large closet, TV on the wall, massive bed. 

"You can have shower first if you would like," I said waving towards the bathroom. Wesley shook her head and moved towards the bed. "Still tired?" She nodded and curled up in the bed pulling the blanket up to her chin. 

"Why do your parents hate me?" she whispered. She barely peeked out from behind the blankets. I can see her hands trembling. 

"They hate everyone," I sighed falling onto the bed. I was exhausted. I wanted to sleep. "They're always like that." 

"Is that why you left?" 

"No," I breathed falling back onto the bed my arms behind me. "That's a whole different reason." 

"Why'd you leave?" I turned to look at her and she was staring at me, those eyes of her wide and filled with curiosity. Her eyes are what caught me, sharp blue and filled with life. 

"That's a story for another time," I found myself saying. "Get some sleep, I'm going to get in the shower." 

"Good night," she whispered but her eyes were already closing. I smiled and went into the bathroom for a quick shower. I put on a pair of gym shorts and moved into the bedroom again. Wesley had rolled into the middle of the bed clutching the blankets. 

I shook my head and moved her over gently taking a small spot on the bed. I cut the lights and tried to get some sleep. As I began to drift off to sleep, Wesley rolled over and nuzzled into my chest. She was warm and her skin soft, she was holding tight to me even in her sleep. She smelled fantastic as well, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.