Chapter 11

Wesley fell asleep holding tight to my arm. She was trembling but that stopped when she fell asleep. She clearly wasn't comfortable here, she didn't trust Calvin, but she trusted me. Why did she trust me? I could kill her at any second, take her and do what I wanted to her but she trusted me. And she smelled so incredible. It was so hard to keep away from her and when I do all I do is worry about her. I hated this feeling, hated feeling so lost without her. 

'Hey lover boy,' Calvin thought to me, 'Come 'ere.' 

'Fuck you,' I thought but got up anyway. I put pillows in my place hoping that Wesley wouldn't wake up. I left the room as quietly as I could, making my way to the kitchen. I fell into the seat across from Calvin with a heavy sigh. 

"I agree," he smirked pushing a glass of whiskey towards me. I sipped at it slouching in the seat. "So you wanna talk about this?" 

"I can't even think straight anymore and you want me to talk about this? Calvin you're fucking crazy." 

He smirked at me and sipped his own drink. "No that's you my friend." I glanced at him taking another sip. "I think you found her." 

"Don't fucking say it, please." 

"I can't not say it Cam, it's true." I groaned and leaned down onto the table, pressing my head to the cold table. "She's your mate bud." 

I groaned. "You had to say it didn't you?" I sat up and gulped down my drink happy to feel that familiar burn in the back of my throat. I stood and moved to the counter to pour another drink. "Why'd you have to say it?" 

Calvin swung out of his chair easily and leaned on the opposite side of the counter. "Because it's true and you guys need to figure it out. That girls scared." 

"But not of me, not anymore." I put the bottle away and turned back to Calvin. "This is fucked up." 

"Not anymore fucked up than your last relationship." I glared at him. "It's true." 

"I don't need you to remind me how fucked up my last relationship was, thank you." Calvin shrugged and finished his drink. "The hell am I gonna do?" 

"Well you could kiss her." He shrugged like it were the most casual thing in the world. "I mean that would help clear shit right up." 

"I really don't need your shit right now Cal. I really, really don't." I took a gulp of my drink and set the glass down. I gripped my hands together and propped up my chin. 

"You're terrified," Cal said. I looked at him but didn't answer. "Look Cally will be here tomorrow, you can talk to her then and learn all about how it is for a Turned. Start there then work your way up. Last thing you need to do is tell your parents." 

A chill rolled through me and I shook it off. "Yeah that wont happen any time soon, they aren't very fond of her." 

"Are they ever?" I shrugged and finished my glass. I dumped the ice cubes into the sink to melt and put the glass in the dish washer. 

"I should get back, don't want her waking up while I'm gone." Cal shook his head with a smirk. "Keep your thought to yourself boy." 

"Sir, yes sir." I flipped him off over my shoulder as I walked away his laughter following me. I hurried back to Wesley's room and slid back into her room silently. She was still sleeping soundly, thankfully. I moved the pillows away and took their place, her warmth seeping into my cold bones. 

"There you are," Wesley's groggy voice rang in the darkness. She shifted over her arm lazily falling over me. "Thought you left." 

"I promised didn't I?" I whispered back. I didn't realize she was awake, was she awake? 

"I never really know with you." She nuzzled into my chest holding me tighter but said nothing else, going back to sleep. 

I could feel her heart beat against me, slow and steady and strong. I focused on that, as my mind swam with questions, I focused on her heartbeat drifting into a dreamless sleep.