Chapter 8

I had to leave the room before I did something stupid. I could have easily taken what I wanted from Wesley, right then and there but something inside me won that battle. I had heard her tossing and turning for hours before she woke up. She was crying out a name and saying no over and over again. I wanted to help her, take away her nightmares but I didn't know how. I wanted her to talk to me, tell me what was going on so I could try to protect her but she got so angry at me. 

I guess I deserved it after what I had done to her earlier. I shouldn't have yelled at her but she just made me so angry. Why did she have this effect on me? Why was I acting this way? Why was she? None of this made sense.

I found myself in the kitchen pouring myself a glass of blood. I was thirsty, the back of my throat burning. I almost fed on Wesley, I should have. 

You would have regretted it. 

I shook my head at the thoughts, even though I knew they were right. 

I jumped when my phone went off in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw it was Calvin calling. I answered it thankful to have a distraction. "Hullo?" 

"Hey Cam," Calvin's voice laughed from the other end of the phone. "Long time no talk." 

"It's been a while. What's up?" 

"Look I'm getting a new place, ya know after the last round." I laughed remembering the last place he tried to get. 

"Are you actually going to visit this place this time?" He laughed and I smiled sipping at the glass. 

"Already been bought and everything, mom and dad approved." I whistled and he laughed. "Do you wanna move in? It's a big place and i know what it's like in that house." The conversations from dinner with Wesley echoed in my head just at the thought. 

"Couple problems with that situation," i breathed. "One I have a new maid, two can't leave Sam." 

"Bring em with you," Calvin said. "Trust me there are plenty of rooms. You need out of that house as much as I did." Calvin's parents are as bad, if not worse than mine are. The things that they were saying about Wesley, what they do to their maids, terrible. Calvin left a year ago for the first time but he kept hitting road blocks and having to go home. 

"Deal," I said. "Text me the address I will be there as soon as I can." He chuckled at me. 

"See you soon."  The call ended and my phone buzzed with the address. I gotta get out of here and her too, it has to be done. 

I put the glass away and hurried to Sam's room. I woke him gently and told him to go pack his things in one bag. We would come back for the rest of it, when my parents decide to not be pissed at me for leaving. 

I unlocked the door to my room and stepped in. Wesley was sitting on the bed hugging her knees to her chest, trembling. I really scared her. She whimpered when I walked in and moved back against the headboard. 

"Get up," I said evenly. She didn't move. "Wesley get up." She got up slowly watching my every move as she rose to her feet. "I need you to do something for me, can you do that?" 

"What is it?" she asked her voice shaking. 

"Pack two duffel bags," i said taking her hand and bringing her into the closet. "Pack one full of my clothes and whatever is needed on a trip. Pack the second with your clothes and whats needed on the trip." 

"A-are we leaving?" 

"Yes," I said. "I am going to be right back, the only person that is going to come in here is my little brother, Sam. Other than that do not open the door do you understand me?" She nodded at me her face going pale, she was petrified. 

I sighed and turned to her again, my hand cupping her cheek. "It's gonna be okay," i said. She nodded again breathing easier. I pulled away and left the room going to the library, my parents were there waiting. 

*Wesley's POV* 

I raced through the closet throwing everything into two duffel bags just like I was told. Something was off about the way Camdon was telling me to do this, something that even set him off. I was scared of him but whatever was scaring him scared me even more. 

The door opened and I froze, watching a little boy come into the room. He had to be about ten years old maybe. He had green eyes and light brown hair a duffel over his shoulder. He stared at me with wide eyes unsure of what was going on. 

"You must be Sam," i said gathering my voice. He nodded. "Why don't you sit down your brother will be back soon?" He nodded again and went to the bed shutting the door. He crawled onto the bed and pulled the blankets up to his chin. He was tired, probably just gotten woke up. 

I locked the door and finished packing the bags. I put the bags at the foot of the bed and Sam looked at me. "Can we watch a movie? I'm scared." 

I smiled and nodded. I sat next to him and turned the TV on the kids channel. Sam moved into my lap and started watching the movie. 

After a while he covered his ears like someone was yelling. I couldn't hear anything but I've been learning that vampires have sensitive hearing. I hugged Sam tight, as he started shaking gripping my shirt tightly. 

"We should go," Camdon growled slamming his door shut. I jumped and Sam held me tighter. "Come here Sam." 

"No!" Sam yelled wrapping his legs around my waist. 

"I've got him," I said meeting Camdon's wild eyes. He was angry but he was worried as well. "I've got him." 

"Okay," he whispered. I stood holding tight to Sam. Camdon picked up the bags and opened the door for me. He guided me with a hand on my back through the twisting hallways and into the garage. We got in the pick up truck in the back and we were off, Sam in my lap. 

"Where are we going?" Sam asked. 

"Remember Calvin?" Camdon asked as he drove. He took a corner sharp and I had to put a hand up to keep from falling out of the car. "He got a house and he wanted us to move in with him." 

"But what about mom and dad?" 

"They'll be okay," Camdon said easily. Sam nodded and curled back up into my chest. It wasn't much longer after that did he fall asleep. 

"What's really going on?" I whispered. It was dark out and I could barely see where we were going, not to mention how fast we were going. 

"Trust me you don't want to know," he hissed. His knuckles were white as they gripped the steering wheel. 

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know." He looked at me for a second before returning his eyes to the road. He didn't answer me, just continued to drive. I grabbed the jacket from the console and put it on pulling the hood up over my head. 

"Good night Camdon," i whispered before gently leaning my head against the window. With Sam in my arms and Camdon nearby i found myself drifting off to sleep.