Vandalism

A/N  I’m here guys.  I’m updating.  Finally.  More on that at the end. 

Chapter 22

        “So.  Did you name your skateboard?” Kid asked

        “Uh, no.  Why would I?” you reply.

        “No reason….”

        You and Kid sit in front of the small ice cream shop.  He hands you your cone and begins to eat his own.  “So what’s next?” you ask.  “Something about Sanzu, right?”

        Kid nods.  “The idea is to connect the second and third Sanzu lines in the next two weeks.  Your memories should be completely restored by the third line.”

        “Well, give me something to go on.  I’m assuming you already know quite a bit about me – tell me something about you.  Might even jog my memory.”

        The Shinigami chuckles.  “What is this, a date?”  He takes another bite of his ice cream.

        You shrug.  “Sure, why not?”  Kid begins to choke on his ice cream.  “Kid, are you okay?  I didn’t know it was possible to choke on ice cream.  Unless it had chunks or something.”

        Kid nods weakly.  “It did.”  Clearing his throat, he stands up.  “Alright.  Then, um, I… guess this is a date.”

        “Well, for our date, wanna see how many people we can piss off?”

        “Of course.”

        As Kid pulls out Beelzebub, you pull out your own skateboard.  Maybe I should try naming it, you think, half-joking.  “To the market!”

        The two of you fly by tons of people, who try to scramble out of the way in order to avoid collision.  People yell at the two of you as your laughter fills the air.  Kid flies up higher and slides along a clothesline, as you head towards a man pushing a cart.  Unable to avoid it, you crash into his wares, sending the leafy vegetables that had been in the wagon up into the air.

        “MY CABBAGES!” the man screams, throwing his hands to his head.

        “Sorry!” you yell, still laughing, as you catch up to Kid.

        Never thought I’d be a vandal, Kid thinks, smiling to himself.  This girl really brings out the excitement in me.

        “Kid!” you say, trying to stifle chuckles.  “You’ve, uh, got something caught on the back of your shirt.”  He reaches behind his back and grabs what was caught in his collar.  “I think you had a bit too much fun with that clothesline.”

        Kid quickly drops the bra.  “I didn’t – that’s just – GROSS.”

Time Skip – Brought to you by the chunky ice cream

        “You idiots.”

        You and Kid shuffle awkwardly in your chairs.  “Sorry, Professor Stein….”

        “‘Sorry’ doesn’t pay for his cabbages.  Kid, I can’t believe you would do this.  (Your Name), I – well, I can kind of believe it.  But my point remains.  If you two weren’t focusing on the Sanzu lines, I’d be assigning you two as his new assistants until you were able to pay off the debt.”  Stein sighs.  “Who am I kidding?  I really don’t give a crap.  Marie put me up to this because she was too busy to deal with it herself.  Go on, get back to your date.”

        “Date?  What date?” you say quickly.

        “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Stein.  Are you going senile?” Kid asks.

        There’s a knock on the door, saving the two of you from humiliation.  Mirosaki walks in.  “Hey guys.  Update on Eibon.”  She gestures to Kid.  “(Your Name), stay here while I talk to Kid.”

        “Why can’t I come?”

        “Forty-two.”  Mirosaki slams the door, as if that were the answer to the universe.

        “What happened?” Kid asks Mirosaki.

        “We got more information on Eibon.  He appears to be planning to find a suitor for (Your Name).”

        Kid winces.  “Have you figured out why?”

        “No,” Mirosaki says, crossing her arms, “but I can take a guess.  If he’s able to choose her betrothed, he’ll have completely monopolized her life.  Chances are it’s the son of a close friend.  If he wants something from her, he’ll get it.”

        Kid rams his fist into the wall.  “We can’t let that happen.”

        “Then we’d better get those Sanzu lines connected.”  Mirosaki sighs.  “Kid, I know you like her, but you’ll have to put the dating thing to the side.  We’re talking about her entire future, and we can’t risk it.  Now, come on, we need to plan.  You head to Maka’s apartment for the meeting and I’ll send (Your Name) back to ours.”

        She walks back to the room that they had left you in and open the door.  You fall over at her feet.

        Mirosaki glares at you for a moment.  “…You were listening in, weren’t you?”

        “…Forty-two?”

Another time skip? – Brought to you by the bra.  THE BRA.

        Soul and Maka stare at you in surprise as you walk in.  “I thought the plan was to leave her out of the know as best as possible," Soul states.

        “Plan’s changed.”  Mirosaki sits down and kicks her legs up on the table, still glowering.  “Someone listened in on us.  I guess wreaking havoc on civillians wasn't enough for her."

        You laugh nervously as Kid shrugs.  “It makes it easier though, doesn’t it?” he says.  “Now we don’t have to sneak around.”

        Soul rolls his eyes.  "Still defeats the purpose of keeping it a secret.  This is so uncool."

        Black*Star and Tsubaki walk into the room.  "Sorry we're late," Tsubaki says.  "I saw Liz and Patty on the way her - (Your Name)?"

        "Hey.  I'm part of the plan now," you say.  "Yay?"

        Meanwhile, Maka was lecturing Soul.  “Could you, just for once, describe something without using 'cool' or 'uncool'?" she asks.  "Well... anyways... let's begin.  (Your Name), start by telling us everything you know about Eibon."

A/N

I

Haven’t

Updated

In

So

Long

What has it been, almost four months?  O_O  Oops.  I should be updating more frequently now.  I had school and writer’s block, and went through several drafts of this chapter.  So.  Um.  SORRY >.<

Also, if you'd like, you can give some suggestions in the comments about what you want to name the skateboard.  Just 'cuz.  And if you guys want to talk, just PM me.  I get bored and I'm online all the time.  It may come as a surprise, but I do have the ability to be what is called "friendly".  An outlandish idea, I know.

Well.  I’ll try to update soon.